It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government employees are not innocent...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterJedi

well lets get some things straight we arent talking about satan .... and those chopsticks your talking about are interstate highway maintenance, Mail Delivery, prison systems (you know the buildings that keep the rapists away from your daughters) and a plethora of other vital needs.... And they arent asking just a small section of society to foot the bill ... Everyone has to pay because everyone uses these benefits ...

and yes your thread is about how government workers are not innocent becuase you have to pay taxes ... /weak

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I kind of figured you worked in IT. So you help keep all those computers running where the IT folks like I used to be can write the programs to keep track of payroll taxes? I guess you should drop out, too, then.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterJedi

I refer back to my example of working for a company that steals from its patrons... At least in that case the patrons have a choice of establishments. Whereas we have no choice in whether we pay the government.

You always have a choice in whether you pay the government! You pay them because you don't like the alternative of going to jail if you don't. Just as these employees you rant on have a choice to work for them - they don't like the alternative of working at a lower paying job. You are making your choice to pay the government - these employees are making their choice to work for the government. Same thing. Why do you think YOUR choice is better than THEIR choice?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Look, you may not think you are coming off as trying to sound better....but you are. That's a fact.

What is your solution to fixing this "problem"

Also, you claim to not support the government, do you buy everything under ground? Do you not go to any major food chains, any major fast food places, any major anything? Saying you have a family, I find this very hard to do..not impossible, but hard on a grand scale.

Instead of, as one poster put it, attempting to divide us (which is exactly how this came off) why not offer us solution.

All the government workers quit on monday...they are now jobless...soon homeless...soon needing help from...guess who? The government to support themselves. The government is not all bad...at its roots, at its base, and the very basic level, the government is still there, and still does, help us out.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Believe what you will.

And as far as the Satan analogy, it was to illustrate a point, not to in any way move into the religious realm.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
and that is why I propose an ammendment in the Constitution that would allow the public a mechanism in which every individual who accepts taxpayer dollars in the form of compensation should under go a polygraph examination every 24 months. a simple allegance question like:
have you served the citizens of this nation with honor and integrity..?
and heck give em 5 try's at passing with different polygraphers for the benefit of a doubt.

Term Limits a must. Senior Leaders and Veteran Review board should be included in discussions on what get voted on and when. and to ensure all laws being voted on are Constitutional. Supreme Court can also be included.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

This is precisely the rationale that Osama bin Laden used. Americans pay taxes and vote, therefore they are not innocent of crimes against Islam. Your ideological roots are showing.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Which part of the government is the bad guy?

The fireman that puts out your fires?
The cop whom busts the guy trying to take your stuff?
The IRS agent collecting your taxes to pay the fireman and cop?
The FBI agent trying to take down that person that shot a person in a few states and on the run
Nasa

When this mythical SHTF moment happens, it will be about you and like 10 other guys with guns storming some random cop shop I reckon, you will be shot down, some will die, others will spend the rest of your life behind bars talking crazy talk to other inmates about how you thought an american revolution was underway...just like Mansion does to this day (Yep, he did his crap thinking the states were on the edge of a revolution).

Nonsense...just nonsense. Stop blaming the fed for your issues and start taking personal responsibility already

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

no you were likening the government who gives people money so they dont starve gives out education grants so that people can get a degree that more often than not will never enter the public sector of work... the people who keep rapists and murders away from your family and society so that they cant hurt anyone .... to satan? You go further to liken the greatest social works system in the world to chopsticks? you are off your rocker in the most heaviest of senses

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Oh, pishtosh...

Yes there's corruption in govt., has it occurred to you that perhaps just perhaps some of those people actually got into govt. work to try to fix the problems?

Just thought I'd toss that out there...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Its much easier to complain about something than try to lend a hand and fix it.

Like a broken dam...I can totally feel clever and perceptive when I see and point out a broken part with water pouring out...but actually grabbing a brick and doing my part to repair it takes effort...and being an American, effort and care is such a 1950s concept...totally out.

I personally look forward to our post-revolution America...We will elect new people when the dust settles, and elect a president...then erm...probably have another revolution again if the opposing side wins...freedom of speech, so long as they say what we want them to.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Your perception is so twisted.

The world of competition is to stay within the rules while at the same time stretching them.

On top of that notion, there are plenty of government jobs are contain noble people.

You do realize that the free market and government are also a system of checks and balances? In other words, there are bad people in BOTH sectors.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Do you properly vet all your clients? Would you install a router for an aerospace firm that worked for the government, or put up a web page for an organization that received government grants? How do you know that your income is untainted? If a single penny of taxpayer money trickles down into your hands, are you hopelessly corrupt?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I actually maintain 6 systems which have no involvements with any government entities, so yes, I'm as clean as I can make myself in a country that is so hopelessly entangled with the government.

I also provide my own vegetables and buy meat from a non-subsidized rancher. I try to contribute as little as possible to the machine whenever possible.

I see that this has degraded more to a thread of attacking me personally, and not the idea of personal responsibility that I had envisioned it to be. So continue, if you will to attack me, but I'll not respond.

But I still maintain the belief that you choose to work for a corrupt entity, then you are no better than they. Of course there are those who are trying to change it from within, but I'm of the position that those are fewer than many on here believe.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Wow ... no ones attacking you they are providing opposing views... attacking you would be laughing at your joke excuse that you are a network engineer who buys meat from ranchers and grows his own veggies who touts everyone else for living...

Yes you can count that as an attack

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Is any of these systems connected to ... land lines?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I suspected as much, so I went checking your previous topics to confirm my suspicions.

My initial question was, where was your revolutionary thoughts during the dubya presidency...but it seems the country, in your mind, was a perfect and idealistic place where "real" america was represented...

Now that the partys switched in a fair election, I guess its revolution time, right?

I noticed something

When liberals lose elections, they call the other side blind idiots
When conservatives lose elections, they call for a revolution.

I have concluded that all this stuff amounts to being simply a poor loser. 8 years of GWB and his election theft with mostly just some demonstrations of "hey, lets stop bombing brown people, ktksbie" and intellectual debates on the merits of conservatism gone wild...followed by a year with the tables turned and the other side are waving their guns around because a fair election finally took place, noting that the country is (like magic all of a sudden) broken.

Bad form.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

We, as a whole, are not attacking you, just providing opposing view points.

That's a problem now a days, no one is willing to have an adult debate. It's all the other person is attacking them blah blah blah.

Let's stick to the topic at hand.

I asked earlier, what is the alternative?

Government comes to a stand still, it can't function because the workers take your "advice" and quit.

Where do we go from there?

That is a very serious question.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterJedi

I know that the revolution hasn't become violent up to this point and that we are still trying to take the country back through peaceful means... But if you still work for an agency of the government, then you are accepting the credo of your employer, and can claim no innocence when the time for talk has ended... Find a job with a company that shares your core values, lest we assume that you already have.
[edit on 21-2-2010 by MasterJedi]

I took this as a rather unpleasant / somewhat threatening warning to people who work for the government, whom you have said are 'not innocent'. Trying to get you to see that NONE of us are innocent, not even you, is not the same as attacking you.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have to concur with the OP that the IRS and the agents that work for it are nothing more than a bunch of barbarian conquerors; of course, that does not mean those trying to stop violent terrorism should engage in it themselves.

Had Joe directed his energies into enlightening people, rather than lashing out, thousands more people might see the government for what it really is.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by mnemeth1]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join