It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important Issue Here, and it Involves All of US...MIND POWER.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nichiren

www.scientificexploration.org...

In 2003, Nobel Laureate Anthony Leggett published a more rigorous version of the Bell experiment. A Leggett inequality experiment was carried out recently in the Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information at the University of Vienna and published in Nature in April 2007. Reporting on this New Scientist said: Their results, published in 2007, suggest "…that there is nothing inherently real about the properties of an object that we measure. In other words, measuring those properties is what brings them into existence." (New Scientist, 23 June 2007) Or as quantum researcher Vlatko Vedral of the University of Leeds puts it: "Rather than passively observing it, we in fact create reality." Quantum mechanics is now telling us unambiguously that consciousness creates reality. And since quantum physics is at the root of everything, this has profound consequences for the interpretation of our own nature, the universe, and, yes, even why it may make more sense to trace everything back to a conscious intelligence rather than inanimate fields and forces.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

Well some people have trouble understanding this issue.

I now graciously, or cowardly, bow out of our discussion. In parting I'd like to leave you with this little gem:

Von Neumann also intervened decisively into the measurement problem. Summarizing earlier work, he argued that a measurement on a quantum system involves two distinct processes that may be thought of as temporally contiguous stages (417-418).[8] In the first stage, the measured quantum system S interacts with M, a macroscopic measuring apparatus for some physical quantity Q. This interaction is governed by the linear, deterministic Schrödinger equation, and is represented in the following terms. Suppose that at time t, when the measurement begins, S, the measured system, is in a state represented by a Hilbert space vector f that, like any vector in the Hilbert space H(S) of possible state vectors for S, is decomposable into a linear superposition of the form Σci fi, for some set [ci] of complex numbers, where fi, the so-called eigenvector of Q corresponding to possible value qi, is that state of S at t for which, when S is in that state, there is unit probability that Q has value qi.[9] M, the measuring apparatus, is taken to be in a “ready” state g at time t when the measurement begins, where g is a vector in the Hilbert space H(M) of possible states for M. According to the laws of QM, this entails that S+M at t is in the “tensor product” state Σci fi⊗ g, , which belongs to the Hilbert space H(S+M), which is the direct product of the Hilbert spaces H(S) and H(M).

source: plato.stanford.edu...

Be well,

N

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

quantumenigma.com...

Why do many physicists deny (sometimes with considerable emotion) the encounter with consciousness? For physicists, the implied association of their work with today’s pseudo-scientific nonsense triggers embarrassment. In over-reaction, some deny all mystery. Actually many physicists are unaware of quantum mechanics’ problem continuing with observation. When we teach quantum mechanics to physics students, we focus on the practical aspects students will have to use in their jobs, and avoid the deeper questions. (Page 99) Also, for academic physicists–especially those who consider their work important because it’s so fundamental–the existence of a quantum enigma, something yet more fundamental, yet something understandable to a lay person, can be “unsettling.”

These two quantum phenomena are technically called “wavefunction collapse” and “entanglement.” They are NOT hard to understand–even with zero physics background. But they are almost impossible to believe. When someone tells you something you can’t believe, you might well think you don’t understand. But believing might be the real problem. It’s best to approach the subject with an open mind. This is not easy. The facts described in our book are completely undisputed. But mentioning “consciousness” is controversial. The encounter of physics with “non-physical” stuff like consciousness has been called our “skeleton in the closet.” Look at the undisputed facts, and think for yourself about what they mean.

Physics’ encounter with consciousness is its skeleton in the closet. Because the authors open the closet and examine the skeleton, theirs is a controversial book. Quantum Enigma’s description of the experimental quantum facts and the quantum theory explaining them is, however, undisputed. It’s interpreting what it means that’s controversial. Every interpretation of quantum physics encounters consciousness. Rosenblum and Kuttner therefore turn to exploring consciousness itself—and encounter quantum physics. Free will and anthropic principles become crucial issues, and the connection of consciousness with the cosmos suggested by some leading quantum cosmologists is mind-blowing. Readers are brought to a boundary where the particular expertise of physicists is no longer a sure guide. They will find, instead, the facts and hints provided by quantum mechanics and the ability to speculate for themselves.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Experiments show that this issue has nothing to do with measurment.

After measurment you delete the informaton and it changes the results.

Originally posted by Jezus
If two identical experiments take place.
Both measure the slit the particle uses.

AFTER the experiment
The data from one experiment is deleted.

Now, looking at the back wall reveals that if the data is deleted the pattern is a wave pattern (interference) but if the data is kept the pattern is a particle pattern.

Data available = particle must use one slit
Data deleted = particle can use both slits and interfere with itself

www.bottomlayer.com...

3. Record the measurements at the slits, but then erase it before analyzing the results at the back wall. Suppose we take our modified double slit set up -- with electron detectors at the slits -- and still leave everything intact. And we will still keep the electron detectors at the slits turned on, so that they will be doing whatever they do to detect electrons at the slits. And we will record the count at the slits, so that we will be able to obtain the results. But, we will erase the data obtained from the electron detectors at the slits before we analyze the data from the back wall.

The result upon analysis: an interference pattern at the back wall. Notice that, in this variation, the double slit experiment with detectors at the slits is completed in every respect by the time we choose to erase the recorded data. Up to that point, there is no difference in our procedure here and in our initial procedure ([pp. 15-17]), which yielded the puzzling clumping pattern. Yet, it seems that if we, in a sense, retroactively remove the electron detectors at the slits (not by going back in time to physically remove them, but only by removing the information they have gathered so that it is not available from the time of the erasure going forward into the future), we can "change" the results of what we presume is a mechanically complete experiment, so far as those results are determined by a later analysis, to produce an interference pattern instead of a clumping pattern. This is mind-boggling.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren

Originally posted by Trappedinspace
He told people so they could hear. Which is where the mistake comes in for humans when they read the bible. You need to have the bible read to you so you can hear it. The reason behind this is because, when you read things your human mind filters it before it reaches your soul or spirit. When you hear things that are being read or spoke to you by people, your spirit or soul will hear and listen first, then your mind will go to work from there. This is something I myself have done all my life, and believe me it works really well. Your mind will start being programed the correct way, and you spirit and soul will not confuse your mind. You mind is the only thing that will confuse you all, just remember that next time you read some thing. Peace to you all and I hope this information has helped some of you

I cannot tell if your are kidding or you're being serious ...

Very serious my friend, give it a go sometime, you might be very surprised. The mind is a very dangerous tool, and can be easily controlled and clouded. If it does not get programed the correct way, thing's in life can get very confusing, for your mind. As this is what each and every one of us see's today. CONFUSION ALL OVER THE WORLD. Why do you think all these religions and theories and notions are out there. Confusion is the ultimate deception. If the people that cover everything up confuse the whole world with there, TV's, Media, Games, Internet, Religion ect. By what they have done to the world already, It would seem that they have done this successfully. Trust me though It only seems this way to them. People Like myself and others, are here to help people with this confusion, and start making sense of things to people.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by jinx880101
Putting thought there, determines where the particles will come together, it's like they are waiting for a command... And when you realize that,

How exactly does thought determine where "particles" come together? What particles?

Thought (well, actually not thought - consciousness) determines quantum wave function collapse. Wave function collapse determines how individual atoms interact with eachother in molecules, and thereby in compounds, and furthermore in light as well as macroscopic entities such as planets and galaxies.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren

He told people so they could hear. Which is where the mistake comes in for humans when they read the bible. You need to have the bible read to you so you can hear it. The reason behind this is because, when you read things your human mind filters it before it reaches your soul or spirit. When you hear things that are being read or spoke to you by people, your spirit or soul will hear and listen first, then your mind will go to work from there. This is something I myself have done all my life, and believe me it works really well. Your mind will start being programed the correct way, and you spirit and soul will not confuse your mind. You mind is the only thing that will confuse you all, just remember that next time you read some thing. Peace to you all and I hope this information has helped some of you

I cannot tell if your are kidding or you're being serious ...

Very serious my friend, give it a go sometime, you might be very surprised. The mind is a very dangerous tool, and can be easily controlled and clouded. If it does not get programed the correct way, thing's in life can get very confusing, for your mind. As this is what each and every one of us see's today. CONFUSION ALL OVER THE WORLD. Why do you think all these religions and theories and notions are out there. Confusion is the ultimate deception. If the people that cover everything up confuse the whole world with there, TV's, Media, Games, Internet, Religion ect. By what they have done to the world already, It would seem that they have done this successfully. Trust me though It only seems this way to them. People Like myself and others, are here to help people with this confusion, and start making sense of things to people.

This man speaks the truth. Theres something about speech that bypasses the mind and goes straight to 'knowledge.' When someone speaks, regardless of the words they say - you know what they mean.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join