Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Important Issue Here, and it Involves All of US...MIND POWER.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by psy_smurf
to: traditionaldrummer

Clearly you dont share any of the views expressed in this thread, so whats the point, these are our expressed views

If you already have these views I don't expect you to be swayed by my words. But for those unfamiliar with those views perhaps I can help assist someone to think more rationally about claims that spoons can be bent with the mind, 100% faith can make money appear, thoughts move particles or whatever other 'anything's possible' type claims are being purported here.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

So what you're saying is that you need me to provide a complete education of the sciences otherwise you won't discuss anything further?

Yes, I am..because you are arguing about something you clearly know nothing about, and obviously won't take the time to actually read the given information and links... You keep calling 'pseudoscience' but won't point out the actual facts that you are in disagreement with.

Therefore it is pointless conversing with you.

If we listened to people like you, we would still think that the sun revolved around the earth, and would still be living in the dark ages.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101

Actually, I don't know if you have heard about how thoughts affect water? It actually changes the structure of the ice crystal when the water is frozen. This also means that water is capable of storing information as such.

This is the claim of one man, Dr Masaru Emoto, who has been offered substantial cash to replicate his assertions in double-blind tests but has so far refused to. Be wary of his untested trickery and resultant claims.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

So what you're saying is that you need me to provide a complete education of the sciences otherwise you won't discuss anything further?

Yes, I am..because you are arguing about something you clearly know nothing about, and obviously won't take the time to actually read the given information and links... You keep calling 'pseudoscience' but won't point out the actual facts that you are in disagreement with.

Therefore it is pointless conversing with you.

If we listened to people like you, we would still think that the sun revolved around the earth, and would still be living in the dark ages.

Sorry, I'm not your science teacher nor responsible for your education. Believe what you want. However, if you don't have a solid base from which to discern knowledge from trickery and hoax then it's you who will find yourself compromised, not me. You seem to be exactly the kind of person who could be convinced that the sun revolves around the earth. Beware.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Tap, tap. Jinx, I was hoping you'd "draw me a picture" or explain a little differently about the "track" - I'm still wondering what "track".

And yes, the money trick DOES work - but - I don't like the WAY it works.

Another example on the money trick - and VOILA! An abandoned shopping basket in the parking lot with a really fat female wallet in the baby carry seat.

Spouse didn't know of the ahem "request" for urgently needed cash.

Spouse sees the wallet first and grabs it, starts to peel it open like a ripe banana. Visualizer grabs it and closes it, unexplored, and reprimands spouse for even considering ... Visualizer turns the unexplored wallet into the cashier.

Now, the visualizing does work - but - NOT for people who do NOT believe.

Mostly though, it's essesntially amoral which I don't like. The energy cannot make decisions like we can.

But anyway, what "track" am I missing? I really want to know. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

But anyway, what "track" am I missing? I really want to know. Thanks!

If you think really hard about wanting $20 one day, and the next day your child swipes a wallet, you have two separate events that have no correlation to each other until and unless you've assigned a personal meaning to it. Your thoughts did not cause the child to swipe the wallet. Your thoughts only connected the two events as being related.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Apologies for the long wait...should have been less occupied with the negative replies.
Well, I wasn't saying that you are on the wrong track. I was just pointing our that to 'get where I'm coming from' for lack of a better term, ones needs to look at 'cause and effect' on much smaller scale. And that's where you and I as observers come into play, we then realize that if we have thought and intention, we actually control matter. It is litterally, sitting there, waiting for an 'intention' (thought) or command.

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

if we have thought and intention, we actually control matter.

Cite one example.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I'm asking you politely, to please watch the video. Seriously. If you saw it a long time ago, please watch it again, as you would probably understand it better...
You are derailing the tread, because you are avoiding information.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I'm asking you politely, to please watch the video. Seriously. If you saw it a long time ago, please watch it again, as you would probably understand it better...
You are derailing the tread, because you are avoiding information.

You made a claim. Please cite an example.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Thanks Jinx, I guess it's over my head. Thanks for trying to explain though. If it's telekenesis you mean - sorry, I can't do that stuff.

To the Drummer - no - the child did that 15 minutes later and the 3 year old was an adult and no longer at home for the wallet incident ... that was a different incident ... in fact there were about a dozen monetary attempts over 30 years and only one was a "fail" - nothing happened. All the rest of these positive thinking visualizations were evidenced in 15 minutes to 1 hour maximum. None specified any monetary amount.

Examples of where the needed money was found are:
1. Balanced checking account and made a first in a lifetime subtraction error in favor.
2. Lots of found BILLS (not change, change doesn't count) in the middle of nowhere (rural) on the side of the road.
3. Cleaning out old stored junk and found a hideous wallet received as a present - never had thought of looking inside it!
4. A free lotto ticket arrived in the mail. Sent it off and won; plus, it had more tickets which all won. Never paid a cent. Never bought any tickets.

Now, other non-monetary items were tried and those never showed up! The Visualizer seems to be better with cash than items.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101[/url]

+++++++++++++++++++++++==

Dear jinx880101 φιλοσοφία φιλαλήθεια SUHUR.MASH, Writer

i gave up trying to impress upon the readers & posters here
about INTENTION and the Power of concerted-concentrated intentions
by either a group or an individual.

the pooh-poohs just flew past me, but i did cease my case ...
it seems that your on a current attempt to Resonate others' ...(see your OP)

..."MIND POWER.

I cannot stress enough how important learning about this is for all of us,
the whole that is human kind.
As our resources are depleting,
we are involved in wars that seem to be never ending,
2012 and our current economic crisis.

will have to compete with two other themes: Illuminati Conspiracy & Law Of Attraction
for its' position in the 'Myths' Department.

Although i agree & concur with your thread Gestalt,
there are 'answers' to the problems you've presented;

as far as Resources depleating = minerals/ores, diamonds are all generated through the recycling of the Earth's Mantle, IOW, on a long time scale the Earth's resources will be replenished. so there is no need for a doom-&-gloom or fatalist worldview

as far as wars seem never ending = i'd suggest that the 2 headed beasts of Religion and Economics contribut to more wars than anything else today

as far as 2012, economic crisis = i understand that the 2012 idea is actually an 'Archtype' of humanity, & hopefully it replaces/sweeps aside the present, almost universal meme of Armageddon/Apocalypse which has had a big role in the history of the last 4,000 yrs.

Oh,in response to this concept;

... I will ask you this. Is it really possible
to bend a spoon with your mind? The thing is, anybody can do anything.
And until we fully understand and believe that, nothing is going to change.
[...]
A very interesting videos about the change in behavior of matter when there is an observer (you).

the 'Reality' also changes in the observer...
it has to do with Shrodenger ~ Cat in a Box ~ experiment,
the 'matter' or 'material' did not change because of the observers Intention,
the cat in the box was in fact weither alive or not, irrespective of one's intentions/power of mind

thanks,

and i'll try to follow your thread (at least until it slides into an inevitable madness zone)

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The mind is very very powerful. If you ever experience just a portion of that then you would have no doubt.

We have 5 senses that everyone will agree on to experience reality with.(Sight, Smell, Touch, Taste, Hearing) We also know there are spectrum ranges of sound and light beyond what our senses will normally pickup. So if you can imagine all the other spectrum ranges, there is a world out there we can't see or experience but it effects us everyday. To think that you know everything is ignorance for you can't learn anymore if you think you know it all. This is an example of the power of your mind or thought. Even science doesn't know it all and there is a field of study that keeps coming up with more questions than answers. So to think that you have it all figured out is ludicrous.

Instead we should view the world with open minds because it's always communicating to us. It's always trying to show us the way through learning. It's alive, it's conscious. It just doesn't use the same senses to communicate with reality as you do. Ever wonder why something keeps happening to you? Probably because you haven't learned anything from it. Look inside ourselves for the truth because even science explains that our visible reality is started by a projection in the brain. The real world, the real reality is on the inside, where the bible explains the temple of god sets, where your thoughts originate. When you die you have a feeling of sinking or falling, this is the process of losing the connection to your physical senses, but where are you falling to. It's this inside world, this temple, the origin of consciousness. The Source. The point from which it all began.

Some of these things I have shared with you will never be discovered by science because they are part of the mystery that keeps this reality working, so we continue learning. It's ok to know of the truth, but absolutely knowing the entire truth as entire fact beyond doubt would, by social standards, drive a person crazy and unable to participate in their psychical bodies properly. So there are filters to prevent this. It's just something you have to know, feel, understand, & trust. And trust you will if you are even shown the truth and are able to properly integrated it into your daily physical life.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Awesome post, I agree with what you have said 100%. Thank you for contributing to this thread, your opinion and insight is much appreciated here.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
Thanks Jinx, I guess it's over my head. Thanks for trying to explain though. If it's telekenesis you mean - sorry, I can't do that stuff.

To the Drummer - no - the child did that 15 minutes later and the 3 year old was an adult and no longer at home for the wallet incident ... that was a different incident ... in fact there were about a dozen monetary attempts over 30 years and only one was a "fail" - nothing happened. All the rest of these positive thinking visualizations were evidenced in 15 minutes to 1 hour maximum. None specified any monetary amount.

Examples of where the needed money was found are:
1. Balanced checking account and made a first in a lifetime subtraction error in favor.
2. Lots of found BILLS (not change, change doesn't count) in the middle of nowhere (rural) on the side of the road.
3. Cleaning out old stored junk and found a hideous wallet received as a present - never had thought of looking inside it!
4. A free lotto ticket arrived in the mail. Sent it off and won; plus, it had more tickets which all won. Never paid a cent. Never bought any tickets.

Now, other non-monetary items were tried and those never showed up! The Visualizer seems to be better with cash than items.

Please cite the study(s) of the events you've listed here. You're citing a 90+% success rate for "positive thinking visualizations" involving acquisition of cash money in under 60 minutes. This begs the question of supportable proof.

And, what do you mean "the 3 year old was an adult"?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I get that we want to believe that we have psychic powers, but that doesn't justify the claims that What the Bleep Do We Know? makes about quantum mechanics. So many people choose this incorrect interpretation of quantum mechanics and claim that the measurement problem means we control reality. We don't. My problem with that claim is this: you accept the science as far as it goes to support your wishful thinking, but don't accept its actual conclusions. Quantum physics describes a reality without particles, that is made of waves, and this is experimentally supported. But, when we look out on the world we only see particles. So it seems like measuring/observing the waves causes them to collapse into particles. This is called the measurement problem, and it is an unsolved problem in quantum physics. So, you've taken this idea and decided that it means that we have some magical influence over reality, but that is not the case, and none of the scientists who study this problem have concluded that it grants human beings some inexplicabe influence over reality.(I mean actual scientists who are employed as scientists, not people who went alternative medicine schools and call themselves doctors and write books about positive thinking)

The reason the power of the mind goes unaddressed by mainstream science is because there is nothing to it. There is no evidence or it. We can and do successfully explain everything that happens in terms of conventional physics. There are no wizards out there doing real magic because they have figured something out. The starving aids ridden communities in sub saharan africa are not under the control of the illuminati, and have no preconceptions about the powers of their minds, but they are bound by reality - just like the rest of us.

Do some magic if you think you can, but realize this: people have believed in mysticism and magic for fifty thousand years, and it has never ever lead to anything. We have developed more in the past 500 hundred years with science that we did in the 100 thousand years before that. There is a reason for this desparity. The reason is that one way of thinking deals in fantasy and the other in reality. Magic has never gotten anyone anywhere.

There is no reason to even have a conceptual debate. The burden of proof is on those who claim that these phenomena exist. If it's real, prove it in a controlled experimental way, then record it and document it in a way that would allow other people to repeat your experiment and get the same result. If you do this simple thing, you can completely settle the debate. But, of course, you can't.

I'm not out to derail anything other than fiction being presented as truth. There is tremendous value in being able to tell the difference between reality and fantasy.

[edit on 2/21/10 by OnceReturned]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

I have seen some amazing things that people can do when they realize their potential. This is a great thread.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

There is no reason to even have a conceptual debate. The burden of proof is on those who claim that these phenomena exist. If it's real, prove it in a controlled experimental way, then record it and document it in a way that would allow other people to repeat your experiment and get the same result. If you do this simple thing, you can completely settle the debate. But, of course, you can't. I'm not out to derail anything other than fiction being presented as truth. There is tremendous value in being able to tell the difference between reality and fantasy.

Firstly, no one is claiming this is 'magic'...we are merely exploring the mind and all it has to offer. Frequency has been proven to affect matter. And thoughts are frequency. There is no denying that.
If they are wrong then they are wrong, but you cannot provide proof that they are wrong...so until then, there is still possibility.

I wish people could just have an open mind about stuff like this, it doesn't harm anyone, yet, the skeptics are so quick to take offense and jump on their high horses. This is not hurting anybody, if anything it should help us understand how the world around us works. And what role we play here...

Just to add this - "If at first the idea does not sound absurd, then there is no hope"- Albert Einstein.
Interpret that as you wish.

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

And thoughts are frequency. There is no denying that.

Cite your source for this claim, please.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

You are wrong... perhaps the secret and laws of attraction will sway your mind as they tie hand in hand with this... Not spiritual faith but a belief system, and beleiving in it with every cell in your body. This is even in what the bleep, if you havn't watched it I suggest you do... there is a lot at work with quantum physics and the mind that strongly strongly suggest faith, again not in the spirtual sense, matters a great deal!

[edit on 21-2-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join