It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont just start a thread...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
O.K we all know that there are 1000's of threads on here that are actually suposed to be posts, rather than threads....

Before you start a thread, search it first, rather add to someone else's thread, rather than start another SPAM thread...

We dont like clutter and its hard to try and figure out what is what when there are so many that are the same....

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The thing is, it might be the same topic with a complete different view or spin on it. And I for one, don't like to go and dig for threads to read..especially not old ones.. things change you know.

What I will say AGAIN though...is- Mods remove my thread only to start one on the SAME topic, and the same spin on it!!!

If mods are really going to tighten up on this..they should do it properly, and not bend the rules for their 'friends'... The amount of junk in the 'recent threads' at the moment that has not been removed... omg! why not????? Who is hotter than Megan Fox....most pointless thread EVER!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
It's a hard job for the mods to keep track of all posts and all threads.
Look at the bottom of each forum and you will see that different mods look after different forums as well, and they don't just sit around waiting to move this or push a button on that.
Multiple threads irks me as well..but especially news articles, can be put into breaking news, or whatever forum applies to the story.
As for using the search function..many do...it's just to be able to encourage new people to use it..and of course sometimes those of us who have been around, search but don't find the threads because they are on page 10 of the search or something.
If I don't see it by the bottom of page 3..I post it.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/98d56c089583.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 21-2-2010 by psy_smurf]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by psy_smurf

Before you start a thread, search it first, rather add to someone else's thread, rather than start another SPAM thread...

Many of them are searchable. Though some of them are not. I have seen it happen many times. The title is completely different but I remember the same topic from last year or two. I had to tell the OP about it.

You are right, the search is the key, but in few cases, the keywords and titles are actually different.

I usually let the OP some slack if the topic is hard to search on ATS, but then again, you are correct if the topic is easy to find, especially when there are tons of topics on ATS, it's a spam or the OP is just too lazy.

top topics

join