It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shutter Island caused Panic Attack (spoiler alert)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
In all honesty I did enjoy the movie, for me the twist in the end was slightly drawn out and could have made a bigger impact had it been shortened right before the end.

luckilly for me I had never seen the trailer so I wasnt sure what to expect. In retrospect the movie does make you review your own life and question whether youre not in the same situation or even crazy..

being a conspiracy theorist, I found the underlying mesage quite bizarre and thought provoking....your percieved enemy, could be looking out for your best interests, and the only one you can trust (yourself in this case) could be your biggest enemy. Thinking about it, it could have been a great mesage from tptb!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Or maybe the blunt force message is that conspiracy theorists, like the one Leo plays in the movie, are all really insane, violent, and should probably be lobotomized for everyone's safety.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
has this ever happened to any of you?

me and a friend sat down to watch a movie for the night. that's when i smelled cucumber. he said he smelled it too and then we started sniffing around for it but didn't find anything. the movie started and within the first few scenes, there was a lady chopping cucumber! we thought it was weird.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
My boyfriend and I just got back from watching that movie. My bf says he feels like e-mailing leo, and asking him if he feels retarted for being a part of that movie. he also said he feels like he lost half of his brain just from watching that movie and that he is now retarted.

i feel like i need to go to my collage asap and get smarter cuzz i feel retarted from watching that.

i swear i lost some iq points and that i am now more stupid!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Seen the movie. Entertaining enough movie. Bit like a long episode of twilight zone. Thought it was very atmospheric.

I was impressed with the way some of the dialogue was a direct comment on America today. Thought that was very well done. Thought there was even a slight dig at 9/11 in it.

I also cant get over the similarities between the film and 'Lost'.

Both islands have a very important lighthouse and the same cave on the cliff side. What the hell? THis is really melting my head.

Finally on your panic attack. I have been a big film fan all my life. Seen many many films. More recently I have given up on a lot films. Think the standard has really dropped. No panic attack with shutter island.

However there was a film recently which i seen recently which had a similar effect. There is no need to name it. It was not a scary film. It was an ordinary film. It did have an impact on my breathing , heartrate. I started watching it again recently in different circumstances and it immediatley started to have the same effect. This has never happened me before. Really , really strange. It is nothing like shutter island. I would be interested if different films are starting to tap into to something in our brains?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I enjoyed the movie because there was actually a plot.

95% of everything that is released is the same thing wrapped in a different shell.

I prefer good acting and a story over explosions, robot cars and kung fu so i'm sure i'm in the minority

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I noticed they showed the clock at 7:20 many times during the scene when Teddy is interviewing the nurses and doctors. I also remember the doctor's car had 74 on the license plate...though I can't remember the other numbers/letters on it.

Could this be a warning of an upcoming event on July 4th, 2010? Perhaps July 20th.

What better way to get Americans to come together with each other than a false flag on July 4th? America is more divided than ever right now too.

When I got home last night from the movie, I googled "shutter island clock" to see if this was covered any place. It came up on the IMDB as a movie blooper since the clock never changed time even though the scene was over a minute long.

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there in case there my be other 7/4 clues around.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
These horror movies are deliberately intended
to cause as much fear as possible.
The controllers of our society feed on fear!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Extreme fear releases adrenaline & other hrmones in your brain
which illuminati and other dark occult groups feed upon during human sacrifices.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kittyq1989

I'm sure you used to be able to spell retard or retarded so maybe you are reflecting your new IQ level in your post.

WARNING:- This movie makes people stupid. Proof in this thread.

[edit on 21/3/2010 by who-me?]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I didnt feel scared or any panic during the watching...
Indeed I think its a very good one, symbolized some information or some conspiracy theory such as mind control...
and in my opinion, Teddy is sane, all of those monsters set up the play to try to get him insane, but he had no choice in the end even he realized everything is a conspiracy as he assumed in the beginning...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I guess it is pretty scary when you think about how each government can brainwash their country at will.

In our world, there is about 5 big super powers, and all via for more control than the other. And in each of the super powers, they control everything about us. They structure our beliefs, our standards, our future...and we just get to pick which one we like the best.

So much for free-will.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It was an ok movie.

I don't see how one would have a panic attack or feel anxious after seeing it though. It seemed to me to be almost a rehash of that movie Identity with John Cusack.

When the twist in the movie came up I actually groaned.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Actually, one thing that tripped me up is what if he wasn't the crazy one? What if it all wasn't him making up and it was the guys doing it. So how do we know that what he saw was reality and they were doing it to get him? In the end it never really clarifies which reality is really true his or his girlfriends, and it is absolutely seen that he doesn't honestly believe what he saw in the vision that he saw. Also, in the end of the movie he took a drag of the cigarette and he started talking like what they made him believe was crazy again. The writer does a very very good job at leaving questions unanswered especially if you are smart enough to understand it and ask more questions.
-wearethedead

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
I am just wondering if anyone else who saw this movie felt anything similar.

I wouldn't doubt the movie would cause such a panic attack, worrysome, or powerless feel. Due to the way the movie is presented, you can either walk away and say it was just a dream or start to wonder about the plot as if it was never a dream.

The movie never tells it was a dream or not. It only leaves that to one of the "episodes" of the entire plot.

It's like at the end: your choice to believe if it was a dream or not.

I think people who connect to the movie in reality that question it beyond the dream would no doubt have a panic attack. It is like cold blood truth what it feels like to go through a life where nobody believes you. Their so called "respectful" brain-surgery because a case load of role play after role play until the patient is caught in the web...

... and then the spider bites it's pray.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
By seeing the trailer you knew the hole story.
This movie was the worst I've seen in years.. :\

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaylorFlandro
I actually had it figured out pretty quick.
Down to where I knew his wife killed the kids.

I thought it was definitely a good movie. I always appreciate a scary movie that is really scary. Not cheap and jumpy.

Agreed. It was a good movie. But not much different than many other thrillers. However it was very predictable. A buddy and I were practically figureing out the entire plot and direction within the first 45min of the movie.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

I've had some issues with identifying things around me before; delusions if you must put a word to it.

I admit these happened while on hallucinogenics, but I wish to share them because you may find that they line up with how some people feel generally.

I remember one time I was tripping really hard (sorry mods not trying to talk about drugs here but I want to share an experience), and I kept feeling like I was urinating all over myself, I kept patting my pants and feeling them thinking they were wet - I even felt the urine trickle down my legs... however I was sitting laying back so that would be impossible but I still thought it was happening. I was at a party and I thought everyone was talking behind my back saying things about how I pissed my pants but no one should say anything either because they thought it was funny or they didn't want to make me feel bad. I finally got to the point I made many people at the party feel my pants and forced them to tell me if they were wet or not - and they weren't, ha!

However I have also have issues while sober. I suffer from bipolar, anxiety, and OCD. So you can only imagine how much trouble I've had in my life, especially considering that I was misdiagnosed for most of my youth - not until recently did I find the correct medication to help my disorder(s).

I have had times after meditating that I was forced to see things for how they truly were, but then I began to question if what I was believing as fact to be true or if I'm completely going crazy. I still question my sanity sometimes, but when it comes down to it I know that I am just learning about myself and the world in all its actualities. With all the lies we live personally, and through the lies portrayed in the media, and through others, we are forced to either accept or deny what we are hearing or being told.

I have come to the conclusion the only way to find actual truth is from within and that is as simple as it gets. YOU define what the truth is about EVERYTHING. This is why I value meditation and my gift to be able to divulge deep into my inner workings. This is how I define my values, my beliefs on life and death, and everything else you can imagine that makes up the human psyche.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Great movie. I love the way it was filmed. You should try to remember that its fiction and those people are actors.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kittyq1989
My boyfriend and I just got back from watching that movie. My bf says he feels like e-mailing leo, and asking him if he feels retarted for being a part of that movie. he also said he feels like he lost half of his brain just from watching that movie and that he is now retarted.

i feel like i need to go to my collage asap and get smarter cuzz i feel retarted from watching that.

i swear i lost some iq points and that i am now more stupid!

Your post made me laugh, cute,

There was one part in the movie that made me want to start a topic,

I don't remember which women was talking about the brain and pain and the senses,

It isn't the flesh that causes pain but the mind,

Nice hardwirering, there, god.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join