It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me Design an Amendment to the Constitution.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I need some deep thinkers to help me construct a document that I would like to send out en masse regarding the addition of a new constitution that allows for a truer and more fulfilling way of living.

Just to give you the heads up as to where things appear to be at the moment.

It seems evident that most of us are caught in a daily/weekly routine that seems to come and go with little change or improvement. It's as though we are perpetuating a kind of zombie like fascination with the material world. An act which I am adamant is holding us back and preventing us from leading a more fulfilling existence. It seems very possible that our fascination with everyday material distractions is inadvertently perpetuating an unhealthy attachment to a material world and an inheritance both voluntarily but mostly non voluntarily, of its laws.

So suffice to say we are playing by rules that surround a material world which due to a lack of direction has opened itself up to malicious manipulation that is now affecting the well-being and overall state of happiness of society. In fact it is a real possibility that we are consequently propping up a false reality that is most certainly stagnating and beginning to fail and show its weaknesses and appears to be causing harm to the freedoms, well being and happiness of present inhabitants of earth. If left unchecked it could spell much disaster, war and misery for us and future generations.

So why have we propped up this reality for so long? Well this is partly due to the adoption of a slightly rigid mindset that we are on a single world in a single universe. Couple this with a Darwinian view of the world, (which has more or less been imposed on us from an early age) which has added a lot of emphasis and built up pseudo political attitudes revolving around the idea that life is about survival of the fittest. A mindset which consequently leans towards a more aggressive stance towards survival, life and living compared to one based on more substantial and virtuous ideals and desires that involve evolution of the mind and spirit also.

As a result it seems we are caught up in a time-line that is essentially about short term survival of the individual and lacks a longer term view which factors in a more macroscopic viewpoint/stance. Rather than adopting a longer term view regarding development of self and the society to which one gives themselves over to from birth. Always leaving or at least working towards leaving a legacy is a nice thing to do and includes the passing on of improved genetics.

We have as a society failed to actively ask CLEAR collective questions with TRUE intent and written/captured that agreement into our constitution. In fact worst of all is we don't even have a constitution that has incorporated within it an allowance for new entries to be made into such a constitution in the interests of an evolving modern society. THIS IS A FUNDAMENTAL FLAW PRESENT IN MODERN DAY SOCIETY. Why? Because It resists change, overhaul and improvement something fundamentally important in facilitating improvements to a political model.

Lets take capitalism as an example of a political model. It is no doubt a well oiled machine. Not THE machine but a machine. It only becomes THE machine instead of one in a progressive line if it does not have written into it a 'TRANSFORM' option. The transform option is needed to cure discontent, uprising and realisation of a system coming to the end of its lifespan and one that we are beginning to see is harming society and the world at large. The lack of an evolving benchmark not present in the constitution adds to the problem as people as a whole have no reference point when it comes to up to date common goals and ideals.

I would like you to carefully consider the following:

For a system of control and or guidance, education and development to work well in a given society, written into the fabric of that society [preferably the constitution] must be a clause with something as close to the following insert as possible:

INCORPORATED INTO A CONSTITUTION OF A MODERN SOCIETY MUST BE A MECHANISM AND LINE OF SPEEDY EXECUTION TO FACILITATE THE ABSORPTION OF THE PROGRESSIVE IDEALS OF THAT EVOLVING SOCIETY. THE CONSTITUTION SHOULD UPHOLD IDEALS PROMOTING FUNDAMENTAL FREEDOMS AND STATES OF BEING. THIS SHOULD INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING RIGHTS, DESIRES AND IDEOLOGIES:

-DEVELOPMENT OF THE INTELLECT
-KEEPING ALIVE AND NURTURING THE SPIRIT WITHIN
-PROMOTING LOVE AND GOODWILL
-EXPLORATION
-THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS
-EVOLUTION AND PROGRESSIVE THINKING AND
-THE UPHOLDING OF THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF.

THESE FUNDAMENTAL AND REALISTIC IDEALISMS MUST BE INCORPORATED INTO THE LEGISLATIVE, EXECUTIVE AND ECONOMIC BRANCHES OF SOCIETY TO FACILITATE ACTIVE EXCERTION OF THE RIGHTS, PRIVILEGES AND DESIRES OF THE MEMBERS OF THAT SOCIETY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RIGHTS AND DESIRES OUTLINED ABOVE.

ACTIVE AND RAPID CHANGE AND OR ALTERATION TO POLICY/LAW/PROCEDURE WITHIN THE ABOVE BRANCHES MUST BE FREELY AND SWIFLY EXECUTED AND ENCOURAGED ESPECIALLY SO WHEN THERE IS ANY THREAT TO THE ABOVE RIGHTS, PRIVILEGES AND DESIRES.

Essentially I'd like to test the water so to speak and see if this holds up against the scrutiny of fellow ATS'ers before I go any further with it.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by pharaohmoan]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

Although I'm not American and I'm not much into politics or anything like that...I totally agree and support this...this is a brilliant idea and I completely agree with your statements...and rather than just bitching about the problems of the world all day, ATS members can do something about the problems. I think this idea has potential if it gains enough attention...S&F...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Take this with a grain of salt, and not too personally, I say this off the cuff.

Help me re radify the us constitution in it's original form.

Without all the rest of the stuff the new interpreters of the constitution have put in since.

The constitution in it's original form is perfect, and there is only two or three words that have to be changed to make it 100 percent perfect in it's original form.

I'm from the school of thought that wants to throw the rest that was added after away.

I don't think you should be, but I think that there are people out there who would take what you want to do, and do it incorrectly.

I think most of the changes to the constitution and most of the amendments since are criminal, and they should be taken out because they don't belong.
I think most people who want to do what you are attempting to do should be arrested.

The u.s. constitution is perfect, and was perfect until the criminals started making new ammendments and re interpreting it.

Mind you, I said not you, because some of the amendments completely contridict the constitution altogether, some aren't even amendments anymore.

I don't think the us constitution should have been touched though it could be, but it hasn't been legally.

States Rights..... start with that. Make an ammendment for your state, it's legal. If you get my drift.

Anyone, great thread, alot of thought, I like it anyway, but I think it's illegal.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 517.101
The u.s. constitution is perfect, and was perfect until the criminals started making new ammendments and re interpreting it.

Anyone, great thread, a lot of thought, I like it anyway, but I think it's illegal.

Thanks however I'd have to disagree strongly with you in that the US constitution is far from perfect. If it were we would be leading much richer lives with less turmoil. In fact the US constitution is more focused on the legislative, executive and economic aspects of running a country than it is the more human and basic needs of a people.

The Declaration of Independence however was much closer to a working model, in that it addressed and was trying to instil not only a fail-safe mechanism into society but also realised the importance of one fundamental aspect of life, 'The pursuit of Happiness'. Unfortunately this has not really upheld by the people or further explained either in the Bill of Rights, the declaration of independence or The Constitution.

I find the most amazing and healthy part of the declaration which should have been re-emphasised in the constitution to be "That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government" ie a government that threatens Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Such a governing executive perpetuating a system inherently defying the wishes set out in the declaration has been in place for some time now. Our ancestors foresaw the danger even then of a government that infringed on Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness, so much so they were brave and insightful enough to write into The Declaration the need for the demise of a harmful government if it infringes on what they were trying to uphold ie Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

So what happened folks?

Unfortunately although The Declaration of Independence and to some extent The Constitution are great attempts to create a richer society both have failed to expand on protecting infringements to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness and also in defining what common goals and guidelines a society pursuing happiness should follow. That my friends was a damn shame for had they done life may well have been improved upon.

EXCERPT FROM THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDANCE
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

Oh yes as for being illegal go ahead sue me for wanting to lay down certain guidelines to better clarify and protect certain key human progressive traits!

[edit on 21-2-2010 by pharaohmoan]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It's not the fault of the Constitution that people have lost their moral compass, it's greed and corruption. We already have all the laws we need but they are unfortunately selelctively enforced.
The primary source of problems with our system is the result of the decisions by the supreme court such as allowing corporations the rights of persons.
Though some amendments could be argued to be harmful many others grant rights that were not in the original document such as women's right to vote and the end of slavery.
I say stick with the original document.
The things that will make a better world can;t come from legislation, they can only come from human feelings and acting upon them.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Yes, we do need a change or two to the Constitution of today...what's this you say? Yes, the Constitution of today is NOT the original one. The original 13th amendment was lost, and the new one, giving the IRS the right to collect taxes fro us "slaves," was never completely ratified by the Stares. The 14th Amendment is un-Constitutional. Let us study on the original documents, everyone should do this, for to know the Law of the Land is to live the Law of the Land. So, Confederation and Constitution 101.

Articles of Confederation : March 1, 1781

Draft Constitution for Virginia 1776

The Constitution of the United States

Constitution Society
The Constitution For The United States Its Sources and Its Application

The Virginia Ratification of the Constitution of the United States

The Federalist Papers

The Anti-Federalist Papers

The Rape of We The People and The Constitution For The United States

The Real Thirteenth Article of Amendment to the Constitution of the United States - Titles of Nobility and Honour

Titles of Nobility and Honour Thirteenth Amendment Ratification and Publication Table

THE UNCONSTITUTIONALITY OF THE 14th AMENDMENT

Reading these Early American documents is paramount to understanding of just how the American People have been taken to the cleaners, raped without kiss, and made into virtual slaves to the Federal Reserve and the Internal Revenue Service. We need to throw away the fake paper TPTB are telling us is our Constitution, and get out the old 1787 Constitution. Of course, if this were down, then all Attorneys serving in public office would be guilty of Treason, and would any lawyer in government. Also, there would be no Income Tax, and the States could do business together without breaking Federal Law, which there would be no Federal Law, so goodbye DEA, FBI, ATF, IRS, and FED.

I will leave with a quote from my favorite Founder, Thomas Jefferson..

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies . . . If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] . . . will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered . . . The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -- Thomas Jefferson -- The Debate Over The Recharter Of The Bank Bill, (1809)

Want to really do yourself a favor? Want to see what you thought you knew, and learn what you did not know in the first place? Watch this Constitution Class by Michael Badnarik.

Michael Badnarik Constitution Class Part 1
video.google.com...#

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
-DEVELOPMENT OF THE INTELLECT
to what end? creating a foolish society who value knowing things more than understanding?

do you think the state dictating spiritual matters is really in the best interest of freedom?

one cannot erase the evil in others by written documents.

-EVOLUTION AND PROGRESSIVE THINKING
good idea if you want to be ruled at the whims of human nature.

already in it..

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thanks autowrench a great contribution and excellent links.

reply to post by namehere

Not being funny but rather than knock what I am suggesting in my OP why not contribute and perhaps suggest your own amendments worded in a way that will face up to future scrutiny!

But I am happy to remain open to ideas hence the reason for the thread so how about the following :

-DEVELOPMENT OF THE INTELLECT Changed to
-DEVELOPMENT OF THE MIND

-PROMOTING LOVE AND GOODWILL (stands)
[Originally posted by namehere]
[one cannot erase the evil in others by written documents.]
True but one can attempt to emphasise the importance of love and goodwill and recognise that which challenges it and which is not in keeping with a societies identified ideals.

-EVOLUTION AND PROGRESSIVE THINKING (stands)
[Originally posted by namehere]
[good idea if you want to be ruled at the whims of human nature.]
Sorry I don't see how you can knock this line.

-THE UPHOLDING OF THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. (stands)
And any amendments made in the interest of the people.

-KEEPING ALIVE AND NURTURING THE SPIRIT WITHIN (stands)
It would not be the state dictating matters but rather the state adhering to the right of people wishing to develop themselves, so this stands imo.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I don't think the constitution should be amended, I think it should be replaced.

It is like saying should Congress be reformed. No I think it should collapse and be replaced. I think we should rethink how we should legislate and how we should have executive branch and how we should imply and employ judicial authority.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

That all depends, will the Amendment speak to the government or to the people?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dranigus

If you are an American citizen what you say is real treason. Do you fully understand the implications of that?
Replaced with what? Your ideas of a better document? No thanks.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Um nah

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

If you are an American citizen what you say is real treason. Do you fully understand the implications of that?

As I stated so very plainly in my post, with the REAL ONE of 1787! And that is not treason, being a lawyer in public office is treason, and being a judge in a court of law going against his/her Constitutional Oath is treason. And friend, I am no Citizen. I'll bet you don't even know what that word really means, do you?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I don't have the time currently to expand on my thoughts; however, let me give the short version.

I see a society that has evolved technologically, and for every piece of technology we add it has to make business sense to implement. If it solves too much of a problem, there would be a loss of jobs. If it doesn't solve enough of a problem nobody will buy it. So we are left constant upgrades to existing technology, to keep the profit and work levels high. I find it interesting that people work more, and longer than ever in the history of the world...and yet we claim to be advancing.

Most of us work simply to keep a roof over our head, food on the table, and maybe some form of entertainment. This is not a country or world that has evolved. This is a world that has lost its sight on what is important.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan
Not being funny but rather than knock what I am suggesting in my OP why not contribute and perhaps suggest your own amendments worded in a way that will face up to future scrutiny!

sorry but i believe in the constitution as it is; a frame work or guide if you will, not some set of ideas or rules subject to whims of society. unfortunately even a constitution only goes as far as a peoples faith in it allows, if it were changed on a regular basis then what reason would people have to follow it?
as for amending it, i'm not sure i trust congress enough to follow the principles of liberty but i'll take a stab as you wish, in fact give me a bit of time and i'll write 5.

-

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

As I stated so very plainly in my post, with the REAL ONE of 1787! And that is not treason, being a lawyer in public office is treason, and being a judge in a court of law going against his/her Constitutional Oath is treason. And friend, I am no Citizen. I'll bet you don't even know what that word really means, do you?

Why are directing a reply to me when I was responding to the post by Dranigus?
Before you insult my intelligence try reading the posts in their entirety first.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan
-DEVELOPMENT OF THE MIND

I have some concerns about the different topics you are covering - however you are keeping them vague. Without knowing your exact intent with each point, I would be hesitant to agree or disagree with them.

-DEVELOPMENT OF THE MIND

This could mean anything and as such, is meaningless by itself. Could you clarify this point on exactly what you are intending?

This one scares me as written. Government ordered anti-depressants? Yup, it is constitutional - we have to make people happy. Government ordered charity? Defeats the purpose of charity - which is given of free will. Am I missing something here? Please clarify exactly what you are intending with this phrase.

With regards to upholding the constitution itself - as namehere already stated - this is already in the constitution. You want to include ammendments, but I think you fail to realize that an ammendment creates an updated constitution. That element is redundant and doesn't need to be added yet again.

This one bothers me (as written).It has religious overtones and I do not believe these should belong in government, Would you please clarify what you mean by these, and how this differs from "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness".

[edit on 2010/2/21 by TLomon]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

You got it, I'm with you, you're with me.

Thanks, common sense prevails again.

Don't touch it, it shouldn't have been touched in the first place.
Just because somebody touched it before you doesn't mean that you can.

I won't even talk about the criminality of the other ammendments.
I think so many people should be in jail right now.
Mostly are products of georgio bush.
There are plenty in the senate and house who should be as well, though.
The amendments were passed and signed into law illegally.

And for the grand prize, all you have to do is answer the question correctly.

Yes or no.

You aren't a Sarah Palin supporter are you?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
the only thing i want from my government is NOTHING.

more specifically, my one desire is for govenment to leave me the HELL alone.

but, OP, you raise some interesting points. and considering that i will probably never see my own version of anarchic utopia, i offer the following considerations:

The single most damaging aspect of our modern society to the spiritual being is the fact that "The Penalty Is Always Death".

quite simply: if i dont do what THEY say, then they will KILL me. i am tired of being told what to do, and i am tired of being afraid of my own government.

in the words of Radiohead: "I'm a reasonable man. get off, get off, get off my case."

-THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS

in the original drafting of the dec. of ind., this particular phrase was used to replace the following:

"the pursuit of property".

in my estimation, it is accurate to equate property with happiness. therefore, i propose that all members of the state, being a member by choice only, shall be equal shareholders of the land.

the best case scenario of this would be that an irrevocable title of property be given to each state member for the term of their own life to do with as they wish. of course, the technical details of carrying this out would be staggering.

-EVOLUTION AND PROGRESSIVE THINKING AND

all humanitites, to include the arts and sciences, will be totally subsidized by the state; and the products thereof, will become the property of the public domain.

we must create a society in which ideas may flourish, and the best ideas may rise to the top. the conflict of genuine expression and corporatism (selling out) must be eliminated.

this policy would be in keeping with the internet, and the expansion of information in general. internet media piracy would be a thing of the past, because all works would be permanently in the public domain.

subsidizing the humanities will create a new renaissance.

thank you.

top topics

join