It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Section from my book series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I've been in the works of creating a fictional story revolving around the real time events in the world in a 40 year time span, stretching from 2001 to the late 2030s. this is a piece of my chapter i've halfway completed.

The next day, 08:12 hours. The morning rush is at its usual chime as people are either scurrying around to their jobs, or scurrying around to find a good deal in the markets. The roads are not so packed with cars for rush hour, but nevertheless, the less dense population makes the survey work for Ghost easier. Crouching down on top of the corner ledge of a seven-story building, Ghost takes careful time in surveying the area, studying everything he sees in sight and whatever corner the drone might miss from 15,000 feet.

“How do I look?” Ghost asks Virus on the other end.

Aboard the Triton, Virus is diligently monitoring the screens with a aerial view of the city centered around Ghost, watching the young trooper scope out the ground below while he uses the drone above as a extra set of eyes for any strange surprises. With no satellites in range today for this operation, Virus had no choice but to deploy the Predator drone for aerial reconnaissance.

“If you were the enemy, you’d be dead by now.”
“Aw, c’mon, you know you love me.”
“Recon good and hard Ghost, drone feeds is gonna be limited on this run.”
“I don’t know why you couldn’t use the sats…” Ghost incoherently mumbles.
“What was that?” Virus picks up, barely hearing him after all.
“Copy that V, we went over the risks…”
“Yeah, knowing you, you gonna fly out of control.”
“Oh c’mon, this is a delicate operation. What could I possibly do to # # up?”
“Fly out of control, like the man said…” Bandit interjects
“Bandit…” Ghost calls out, surprised and annoyed with Bandit’s interjection.
“You still got the photo in hand?” Virus quickly asks.
“Would I leave home without?” Ghost answers back sarcastically.
“Get to work…” Virus orders, gritting his teeth.
“And watch out for those Chinese agents.” Bandit adds along as a final warning.

Ghost rolls his eyes with a heavy sigh, then proceeds to set off. Spreading out his arms, he stands up and leap forward, pulling off a def-defying swan dive into a thick set of bushes down below back first, breaking his fall in an almost fatal manner.

“Ah… DAMN!” Ghost yells out, trying to withhold his screaming while arching his back.

He hops out the bushes and nearly collapse on his knees, overtaken by the pain coursing through his back. It doesn’t take too long for Virus to raise a racket over the comm. link as he watches the insane stunt pulled off via drone feeds.

“… THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!” Virus screams over the radio.
“I’m fine Virus… MMM…” Ghost groans, still rubbing his back.
“Yeah, they’re not gonna take notice to some psychopathic lunatic jumping the # off of some #ing 7 story building? Goddamn it, first Bandit gets beaten half to death over this bull# then you damn well break your f—”

The transmission abruptly ends, as Ghost switches off the radio, becoming increasingly annoyed with Virus’s constant badgering.

“Do not need to hear all that…”

Ghost emerges out from behind the wall, still trying to endure the pain in his back as he tries to walk it off. With the picture in hand, he proceeds forward, blending in with the crowd and starting off his search in the populated market place.

Throughout the whole morning, Ghost wandered through the entire western section of the city, questioning many of the civilians of Fallujah with the age progressed picture in hand. Every street walked, every corner turned, every stall and commercial building entered lead only to dead ends. The picture is in full detailed, front and side shots in clarity and yet, no one knows who the young man is.

whatcha think?

join