It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN reporting cyber attack from russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
A simulated cyber attack that is. It's being reported as a real event with "simulation" plastered in the top right corner.

What is going on, Russian propaganda? False false flag operation to push internet laws? Is this what they are trying to do to push the no conspiracy agenda? What is going on. What the hell. Someone somewhere tell me im not crazy and the only one viewing this.

WHAT IN THE HECK?!

CNN 11:33pm

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BetweenTheLine

was it this?

www.dailytech.com...

I caught it flipping channels earlier but did not pay much attention to it. A very quick, cursory Google search yielded the above result.

Don't freak out man, simulation to see how vulnerable we are.

BTW, check this link as well:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

**Edit to add new link**

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Acid_Burn2009]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I am so glad I stopped watching CNN back in 2001 and havent missed them since.

These days CNN might as well be running "Godzilla attacks Tokyo" millions flee.

The point I want to make is that CNN has no credibility and so, no matter what they run, they run for being on the payroll. Hired lackeys taking the groceries to the car for the customers for a bunch of snot eared grocery managers that all seemed to have studied and the Circus of Imbeciles.

CNN is a waste of time and the only way they can make a living is by being the sock puppet to a group of evil hidden oligarchs.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
they are now talking about a simulated car bomb taking out a power plant severing the power.....

my point is i know this is CNN, its rubbish, my concern is the EFFECT of this.
This is going to screw with alot of peoples heads, simulation or not it doesnt matter. People are going to be afraid now, and people who understand what this really is, fear mongering, need to see it and understand what is transpiring.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Okay so i am speculating but i think this is a whole setup. Supposedly its supposed to show our country in action. But i do believe this simulation will end badly.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
this is highly unorthodox ... a major news network broadcasting potential threats.... I understand the necessity for running simulations in military and other situations that are contextually correct, but what are they trying to let us know? how is this "news"

what else is going on in the world right now that they don't want to broadcast?

I find when major things are happening abroad CNN broadcasts non-news pieces and over-play things like Anna Nicole Smith, this is just odd.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
CNN is to this administration as the INGSOC broadcast is to Big Brother in the book 1984.

Chocolate rations up to 25%? Doubleplusgood!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
this is highly unorthodox ... a major news network broadcasting potential threats.... I understand the necessity for running simulations in military and other situations that are contextually correct, but what are they trying to let us know? how is this "news"

what else is going on in the world right now that they don't want to broadcast?

I find when major things are happening abroad CNN broadcasts non-news pieces and over-play things like Anna Nicole Smith, this is just odd.

wow very good point, i just remembered the US ground forces are making a huge ground push in afgan providence and meeting very very stiff resistance and that the terrorists are trapped and firing from residential homes and stuff now basically strongholding in a civilian shield.

Good eye. Can anyone dig us up some info on how the ground push is going?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It's some really lame simulation. How people would get spun up about it is beyond me. The word SIMULATION is on the screen and Wolf (-$4600 on JEOPARDY) Blitzer is announcing it at every commercial break.

Anyhow i changed over to UFC 110, more action and excitement.

The fighting in Marjah is still going on, Marines and NATO still advancing with one hand tied behind their backs as militants are using civilians as human shields.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well now don't get me wrong the information they are going over is very important and vital especially if we endure a solar flare that knocks out our electrical grid, never-mind Russian hackers.. or a cyber attack.

What strikes me as really odd is that they have people who are not by profession actors ... acting as if this is real (all the men and women from past administrations)

Even though, I think we're in for a wild ride in the next 2 years and I suppose if some administration or office knew about some catastrophe they would have to tell us somehow, maybe they just don't know how.. so they drill us with this malarkey. If you look back at some of the past misinformation ploys that have surfaced due to sloppy concealing or declassification you'll notice they somewhat tell you whats going on but they misdirect you or give it a different context.

I figure we're in for some interesting solar activity or something along those lines, not a cyber attack.. lol

[edit on 2/21/2010 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BetweenTheLine

WOW

I'm watching this too..

THIS IS WEIRD!!

Why would CNN be running this scripted cyber /terror attack, and they are going through each and every bit of protocal like they KNOW this will happen....

its not just a 5 min thing either..its been on a while...

WTF????

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I have often wondered if the are trying to desensitize us. The more we see the more we except to some degree. I wonder why the would choose Russia why not China? or Iran for that matter?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Please - this is something that actually really needs to be thought about.

Granted, this simulation was a piece of garbage, but there is so much you are missing. Number one, watch it. It will be on for the rest of the weekend being replayed during prime time. This is MEANT for you to see. It's meant for you to see, and then talk about around the water cooler on Monday. They want you to see this, they want you to be scared, they want the Joe Stacks to start running for action. This is a sign. Look at the name "We Were Warned" is what it's called.

The show advocated martial law, the destruction of the constitution, the federalization of a LARGE portion of the private sector. I'm rather shocked that no one on ATS is talking about this.

There are some major people from past administrations on this thing. Not to mention that the actual 'simulation' took place days ago..This is a staged television show talking about that simulation with real high ranking officials sitting there telling you all about it.

This is conditioning at it's best. There is your first volley.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
well if they are not sure how to stop a cyber attack,,, ah!!~ ITS EASY,
you monitor day in and day out IP addresses that you know where they are coming from through TCP IP. if a cyber attack is detected, you have a script that blocks the attack. by excluding that regions IP's. or flip the switch if from Russia at Mae East... if from China Mae West...

** we are way over due for a data bomb.. thats a bug that zaps databases... scrambles them like eggs...

and then you have a backup... well fault tolerant and they are back up.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It's the type of show you might expect to see on Discovery, not a news channel. Of course it is only CNN, not the best news source.

It may interest some of you to know that the simulation, and it's broadcast were sponsored by the Bipartisan Policy Center. This NPO was created by former Senate Majority Leaders Howard Baker, Tom Daschle, Bob Dole and George Mitchell.

Progressive propaganda anyone?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It seems there is a drill or a simulation on right now... There are a couple of other threads... CNN (desperately) Broadcasts Major Cyber War Game Propaganda there's one.

Probably about time they started taking this stuff seriously.

new topics

top topics

join