It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN (desperately) Broadcasts Major Cyber War Game Propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

CNN (desperately) Broadcasts Major Cyber War Game Propaganda

Wolf Blitzer has become all that... That with which we clean our rear ends.
WTG

They are desperate for ratings now...

[color=#00BFFF]CNN usually rates 1/3 or less than FOX

I guess not just desperate ... It's a great way to condition Americans to coming outages. TPTB must be absolutely stumped why Americans haven't exploded in severe violence towards them.

CNN rolled out a slick propaganda presentation this evening. It is called “Cyber Shockwave” and it posits a cyber attack on the United States.

shockwave

From the NewsonNews website:

CNN will air a two-hour production, We Were Warned: Cyber Shockwave, based upon exclusive television access to a national security cyber “war game” scenario. The simulated event was developed by The Bipartisan Policy Center and will debut Saturday, Feb. 20 and Sunday, Feb. 21 at 8pm, 11pm and 2am ET on CNN.

[color=#00BFFF]Link to story at InfoWars

[edit on 2·20·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I saw this on CNN in the afternoon. It was a really weird program. Total nonsense, if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

I see it as a conditioning. A way to get people used to the idea of the

government taking the initiative to shut down our broadest and most trusted

source of obtaining the real news of the day... The Internet.

Something is brewing. Too many are openly calling for war with Iran.

I tend to trust Bolton's insight on the matter. No matter what dirt people may

have on his character or service, my gut feeling is that he's a straight shooter.

If he thinks that some military action is coming soon, I believe his observation.

Netinyahoo doesn't just go calling on Russia. For anything. That's a huge red flag.

The fact that CNN is trying, how ever lamely, to give reason to restrict

internet for any reason...

The whole thing just stinks. CNN used to be the most trusted name in news.

It's the only station with any 'credibility' left in the Obama Propaganda machine.

Let's get people ready in case we need to shut down news & opinion.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
If this doesn't clearly present what should be obvious to people, I don't know what will be. One of the propaganda arms of TPTB had a propaganda program. Surprise, surprise.

Over the past few years, with how easy it is to access certain information, it made me wonder, in the case of the possibility of a one world government; how will they deal with the internet? It's very loosely regulated.

It's the quickest and easiest way for people around the world to instantaneously exchange information. Information, which leads to knowledge, is an aspect of what power is. The internet is a hub of power for those who understand it. So if a world government was to try to take power, they would need to take down the internet, or at the very least truly evolve it into something more regulatory in nature.

They've already been pushing this agenda. The issues of pirating and internet harassment have had large air buzz and I imagine that they will become all the more common after this little charade. I can see certain events taking place, some "attacks" on America through the internet. Maybe they'll make a huge stink about a hacker soon. Perhaps some new viruses as well. We need to remember this is a multifaceted beast we're dealing with here, who'll attack something from all points.

I would be worried, I can imagine the internet being a huge issue over the next year. There are so many ways to twist things. Perhaps we'll see something like we saw in that war games scenario, which reminded me heavily of the fourth Die Hard movie. Maybe that supposed assassination attempt on Obama people always talk about will have been planned online. Who knows.

One interesting tidbit I took from this was the talk about the power grid though. I remember all the time talks about how in 2012, some electromagnetic interference from space will mess up with our power. Seems pretty coincidental a big aspect of the war games discussed here tonight talked about the power grid issue.

The die was cast, and some more pieces have moved forward. The elite have made their move, likely trying to condition us for what is to come, how they "warned" us about these things and why we need to give them more and more power. That's all I've seen these blood suckers do for the past 20 years anyways.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
How exactly would it be shut down? Would they order ISP's to close? I cannot imagine that such a huge corporation would comply with that. There is too much money involved.

Is there any way to circumvent their proposed methods? Like using the numerics of a website? (someone posted on using that recently, but I lost the thread.)

Would they target specific websites and black list them or have ISP's remove them from the packets?

Does this mean we will need an underground internet?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I saw the whole 2 hours. I looked forward all day to see it.

Why did they show this? Evidently to warn us... It was way different than I thought it would be. They were even laughing several times. It was not "credible" to me. They kept saying, what should POTUS tell the public?

If this really happened I would bet that there wouldn't be two hours of debate of what to take to the Prez. Every one would be running around like chickens with their heads chopped off. Panic in the streets, indeed.

We are not ready, bottom line, and it could happen tonight!

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I really don't think it's propaganda so much as a 24 hour news network desperately trying to claw together something even remotely relevant.

I mean OK you could twist it that way, but in reality, I think they're filling time. I wouldn't read too much into it.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well, I saw about two week ago on CNN that the US was planning a cyberwar game, they actually announced it a day before the event. Is that situation different than these cyber attack posts that have been receiving a lot of attention?

edit: this is from the washington post it's not my original source, but it is the same announcement

[edit on 21-2-2010 by searching4truth]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
After watching CNN's Cyber Shockwave, I felt a terrible feeling of dread that we were indeed being conditioned for the inevitable. MSM is very good about throwing subtle hints, but this one felt different. 1984 here we come! Our most cherished freedoms will be taken from us. Many people will hand them over without a fight thinking that it will be an honorable sacrifice in exchange for safety and security.

Our society is very dependent on a lot of very fragile things - energy grid, transportation, communication. With our current economic situation already on life support, a cyber attack would be a final, fatal blow to the United States. Complex and delicate grids of our economic system would break down. It would be cataclysmic. How long could any state survive without transport of food and energy?

CNN showed just how despicable they are tonight by airing this simulation.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I agree this kind of programming is just setting us up for when they take away our internet to "protect" us. Too many people are getting the truth and real news stories from the internet instead of the powers that be's usual dose of propaganda through the main stream media such as....CNN! So they will start blocking internet sites just like they do in Australia and worse!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Sounds alot like the up comming global exercise, which involves more than 300 people around the world in 60 locations.

Cyberstorm III & September 2010

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
I agree this kind of programming is just setting us up for when they take away our internet to "protect" us. Too many people are getting the truth and real news stories from the internet instead of the powers that be's usual dose of propaganda through the main stream media such as....CNN! So they will start blocking internet sites just like they do in Australia and worse!

agreed.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

Slightly off-topic, but... People really need to throw 1984 in the garbage. People have been hawking its "inevitability" from the first day it was published, and every single day since, it's been "just like!" 1984. It's like the secular version of the book of revelation, and has about the same veracity, as displayed by the fact that most people making the claims have never actually read the damned thing.

Get a new user manual, guys. The one you're using is out of date by more than half a century.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I agree that George Orwell's 1984 has been cited excessively, obsessively, and on occasion, inaccurately. I did not imply that it is inevitable that everything he wrote will come to pass. George Orwell was a writer not a prophet. I was referring to our inevitable loss of freedom. The freedom to express my thoughts on the internet without being censored, the freedom to talk on the phone without being monitored, the freedom to own any book without being told I should discard it as trash. Tolerance, my friend, tolerance. I had a bad day, too!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Im watching the news right now;
and they were talking about how young is too young for cellphones;
then all of the sudden they start talking about how kids shouldnt be on the internet.....

They are definitely up to something;

here is another interesting thread related to the subject

Cyberstorm III & September, 2010
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This was some really weird ass # I know that. Surprised its not getting more attention on ATS.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
They are running it again right now.

This is downright Ghoulish.

What the heck is that all about??? My word.....

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Is this what they are conditioning us for? Keep your eyes on this one.

Link: spaceweather.com...

NASA spacecraft and amateur astronomers alike are monitoring a staggeringly-long filament of magnetism on the sun. It stretches more than a million kilometers around the sun's southeastern limb:

As this movie shows, the filament has remained mostly stable for at least two days. However, similar filaments in the past have been known to collapse, and when they hit the surface of the sun--bang! A tremendous explosion called a "Hyder flare" results, sometimes rivaling the strongest flares produced by sunspots. Solar physicists have not yet learned to predict Hyder flares, so we cannot estimate the odds of one now. Readers with solar telescopes are encouraged to monitor developments.

new topics

top topics

join