It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Possible To Be drugged in a dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Ok, here's the story.

There's a stomach virus going around here. Of course i cought it. And i could feel it working on me a few days ago. This morning it took a turn for the worse, and while this may not have anything to do with the price of tea in China, i'm telling it.

So i took 2 Ibuprophen because i had a fever. I went to sleep for hours, and in my dream, which i must say they are getting more vivid, intense, more colorful, etc., this lady, dont know who, said, here, take one of these pills. I remember i took a little piece and put it in my mouth, in this dream i was aware that medicine has sometimes a huge effect on me. I was being cautious just like i would in real life....

Anyhow, i woke up drenched in perspiration :shk:......but immediatly i felt a "high" feeling, a little euphoric maybe...I still have that feeling. Trust me, i never wake up like that. I havent attempted eating anything, just drinking Ginger Ale.

So, while i'm still a little giddy in the head, i thought i'd ask you guys if you have any idea what happened to me?

Is this something thats happened to any of you? I'm a little miffed by it all...
BTW, i am not cured, so it was not a magic pill.... still have the headache that goes with this bug....

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
That's strange!

One thing I will say though, is whenever i'm ill, I don't half have vivid/intense dreams, so maybe it could be that? allthough it still doesn't explain the euphoric feeling you got, less it was a great intense dream and the feeling followed you?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It wasnt an intense dream at all. Before the woman gave me the medicine i was in a nice house which felt mine, and i had my grandson visiting me, and i was looking for him to have dinner.
Nothing euphoric here..just nice because i do miss him, he now lives in Florida.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I personally believe that things that happen in dreams can carry over into the physical world.

Let's face it, the mind is far stronger than we have any idea about and many of it's functions are still very much the mystery to us.

I think that it is indeed possible to "Be Drugged" or more accurately, "Feel Drugged" after a dream.

Semper

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Hi Semp, my friend, i guess it can. This was my first experience on that and the "medicine" lasted for about an hour after i woke up.

We are strange creatures!:shk:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I tried a serious of personal experiments once. I went to sleep thinking of a wonderful time in my life for a week

Then I went to sleep thinking of a horrible time, for a week

I wrote the results down and they were significant to say the least

The mornings of the wonderful times were productive and over-all a happier day while the horrible days were just the opposite. I did not want to wake up and my whole day was like that.

I kind of envy you as I almost never remember dreams unless they are really terrible ones brought on by my PTSD

Semper

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I would agree, too. I do think that what happens in dreams (or rather, the feelings we are left with) can have an effect on us physically and it can certainly go either way. I really believe dreams are a way for us to process what's happening consciously and subconsciously and whether or not they are remembered is less important than that we have the amount of "good" sleep needed for us to go through that process consistently.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The power of suggestion has a strong influence. So if you felt "high" in the dream I believe it could continue when you woke up. Especially if you don't just jump out of bed and start the day... if you let the dream "settle" I believe any of the dreams effects could continue for some time.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I personally do think that dreams are the process of 'downloading' recent experience into long term memory. This is a process that the body uses to help the 'instinct' determine how a decision is to be made in upcoming days (the decision between fight or flight is a simple way to illustrate this) dependent on the type of experience (I'm not saying that a reaction is pre-determined, only pre-inclined).

The thing is though, that the feelings we experience are chemical in nature and experiences will help to stimulate specific hormonal/neurotransmitter secretions (or lack thereof). As well, when one has a recent experience and sleeps to download it, the experience is then associated, mentally/chemically, with past similar experiences.

In this case, you took ibuprofen to help assuage the symptoms you were experiencing. For whatever reason, you have strong feelings/experience with pills (I would guess that perhaps you don't take them often or that you were really hoping that the ibuprofen would work) and as a result the dream was particularly vivid in that it was associating with other experiences you have had with medicine (the other guess is that you haven't taken ibuprofen in quite awhile).

As such, I think that the feeling you woke up with was akin to a muscle memory of sorts. The chemical association you had with the medicine (the direct chemical influence of your physiology interacting with the illness and ibuprofen shouldn't be discounted either) resulted in a secretion of neurotranmitters and hormones that you have experienced in the past.

Or something like that. I don't profess to be an expert but something along those lines would be my guess as to what and why you experienced what you did.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Ok, here's the story.

There's a stomach virus going around here. Of course i cought it. And i could feel it working on me a few days ago. This morning it took a turn for the worse, and while this may not have anything to do with the price of tea in China, i'm telling it.

So i took 2 Ibuprophen because i had a fever. I went to sleep for hours, and in my dream, which i must say they are getting more vivid, intense, more colorful, etc., this lady, dont know who, said, here, take one of these pills. I remember i took a little piece and put it in my mouth, in this dream i was aware that medicine has sometimes a huge effect on me. I was being cautious just like i would in real life....

DRUG INTERACTIONS: Ibuprofen is associated with several suspected or probable interactions that can affect the action of other drugs. Ibuprofen may increase the blood levels of lithium (Eskalith) by reducing the excretion of lithium by the kidneys. Increased levels of lithium may lead to lithium toxicity. Ibuprofen may reduce the blood pressure-lowering effects of drugs that are given to reduce blood pressure.

Ibuprophen
Your kidneys may have released lithium into your system.

Anyhow, i woke up drenched in perspiration :shk:......but immediatly i felt a "high" feeling, a little euphoric maybe...I still have that feeling. Trust me, i never wake up like that. I havent attempted eating anything, just drinking Ginger Ale.

I have a similar "cold" too and woke up perspiring as well.
The euphoric sensation maybe related to the side effects of the Ibuprophen.

So, while i'm still a little giddy in the head, i thought i'd ask you guys if you have any idea what happened to me?

Is this something thats happened to any of you? I'm a little miffed by it all...
BTW, i am not cured, so it was not a magic pill.... still have the headache that goes with this bug....

Just like to say I'm not a doctor,shaman or platypus

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thats a lot of good information. I was hoping i would feel better, of course when i took them. You are a guy but i associated the feeling with the high hormone feeling i had with both my pregnancies...i was so high, a natural high, that when i gave birth i had a total meltdown.

Well that is how i felt when i woke up after the medicine woman in my dreams gave me the pill.
A very obvious high feeling.

Anyway, after a few hours i was back to normal, feeling my age in my normal body and apparently the fever did break and I do feel better today.
I was able to eat.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

I thought Lithium was in our drinking water?:bash:

Thank you. I never knew that.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think I can remember a few times where I have gotten 'drunk' (or maybe something else familiar to me in my formative years!) - it will be a dream, maybe a BBQ where I was drink cans of larger out in the sun, you know something like that.... I actually do feel drunk in the dream... But I will wake up, as soon as my head clears then I am most defiantly not drunk... Actually in that case I would probably be longing for a burger on a sunny day and kicking my self for having woken up.

I think the most I will bring out of a dream with me would be a kick of adrenalin from some really intense dream.

Your body does make a few of it's own 'drugs' so I suppose it's perfectly possible for your own body to hit you up with an unusual combo - maybe compounded with the Ibroprofin and a mild fever?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Interesting about the lithium.

What I found interesting about the dream was this..." was in a nice house which felt mine, and i had my grandson visiting me, and i was looking for him to have dinner."

dg, if I had had that dream, here is what it would have meant to me. I have some new beliefs/ideas in my Life, and I am comfortable with them. In fact, the wise woman in me has given me, and I chose to take, new ideas that are positive and healing. My family and other things that I care about deeply (food?) are good with/fit in with my new ideas.

Wow, after a dream like that, I'ld be euphoric, too! Yes, dreams can have a physical effect. Nightmares can produce fear, happy dreams euphoria or a sense of happiness/well being. And why not...chemicals is chemicals, we produce them (even in dreams) or take them in from outside of us. We humans can be so amazing if we want!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

I agree with you too. I just never experienced this feeling before. I usually wake up like the Night of the Living Dead..

Now-Then,

Possible too! Who knows what i created with my Ibuprophen (cheap generic ones) and other series of events that took place?
Thank you all.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I've taken drugs and alcohol in dreams before, but I have never woken up and been under the influence because of it... sometimes I wake up energized and in a good mood after a lucid dream or a wet dream.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Your mind has a lot of powerful psychoactive agents working in it all the time, endorphins, adrenaline, dopamine, & serotonin. It is possible that what you experienced in your dream was the mind subconsciously registering the addition of some of those chemicals into it. When you awoke, your conscious mind had not remembered the addition of those chemicals into it, and so you felt "high" when you awoke.

Could be, but of course I don't know for sure.

new topics

top topics

join