It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science news seems so in the past two years....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Is it me is has science news been kinda on a snails pace in the last two years? There was tons of stuff to read about back in 2008 but very rarely is there something posted that's so cool that it's begging to be read. Sometimes they release things like black holes are recylers but it's rare. Does anyone know why science seems to be slow? Is it because of the LHC? Or is it because alot of discoveries aren't being published in the news? I have searched for it but haven't found anything yet. Has anyone else wondered about the release of science news lately?

Oh and does anyone like my avvy? Thanks for reading folks, take care.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm afraid you have become desensitized. The sensationalism of things like String Theory, M-Theroy, Quantum Computers, Claytronics, have deadened your nerves.

Brian Green and Michio Kaku are entertaining but science itself is maticulous, fickle, frustrating, failures, road blocks, paradoxs, and puzzles.

Part of the joy of science is working through the muck to find the answers. As long as you don't expect every other discovery to be Parallel universes, dark this or that, extra dimensions, and things so wild you'd sware they were the ravings of a mad man, there is plenty of exciting things happening in science today.

If you find that breakthroughs in superconductors, medical research, nano tech, computer tech, chemistry mundane then perhaps you would be better off with something like Alice In Wonderland or Star Trek.

It's all about what you find exciting; sensastionalized stuff like The Elegant Universe or real science being done in the lab today.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
the scientific breakthroughs that mentioned in Mainstream Media is just the tip of the Iceberg

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Expect big breakthrough's in solving dark matter in the next 1-3 years. And announcement of ET signals in the next 10-15 years, and announcements on global warming everyday.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
If you're looking for discoveries that will help mankind you may have a long wait. Here in the US 60% of all research grants to universities are given by the Department of Defense. Killing and control are more important than healing and uplifting mankind. Yet one more reason we need real change in Washington D.C.

top topics

join