It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question regarding disease and mentality...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
One day a few years ago, I was just hanging out at my local library (yeah, I'm one cool cat...) and I remember briefly skimming across this book, unfortunately, I have completely forgotten the name of the book...

However, I remember briefly what little of the content I went through it. It was a book about how disease was more likely to happen in people who thought that they were more prone to the disease. They used examples like cancer, and the flu. I know - pretty ground breaking stuff isn't it? I certainly now realize the potential usefulness of such knowledge, and regret sorely not writing down the name of the book, or at the very least borrowing it and learning more.

I have searched the library through and through and cannot for the life of me find the book again! They have just recently re-indexed everything though, so it might be there still, just in a different place, or under a different category (before i believe it was in Life Sciences section or something)....

Anyway - so heres to hoping some of you might know what I'm talking about and please - don't feel shy, please share your information on this subject (if you have any to share) or talk about the potential uses of such information in main-stream conspiracies such as Swine Flu, Cancer etc...

Thank you for your time and patience,

LususNaturae

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Here's what i know about this. Fear, which is attached to any form of thought we receive, meaning subjective approach to thoughts, may create health problems. If a human being would follow his energy 24/7, he would never get sick. Unfortunately, influences and manipulation within the mind are very present for many.
In other words, if someone is not influenced or manipulated in any way, he's never sick.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If such a disease had been identified, it would have been quickly pulled from circulation. Why? It is a by-product of the power of the mind. These are persons who will begin to study a illness, symptoms first, and then slide into 'I might have that' mentality, and is more common than you might imagine. This is how the media was able to rollout 'aids™hoax', by feeding the minds massive doses of advertising. They tried this with all the biggies...TB traveler caught, persons rounded up for quarantine etc...bird flu, you name it. These are your media family at work with tptb, culling the herd. Plus, the medical community benefits from the fray. They can't have people running around on the fringe just thinking they may have something, no cash in that. But they will gladly diagnose you.

I suspect that healthcare, as they call it, is really a design to accommodate the latest in warfare, that of using radio waves to engrave illness on the cells. Laugh if you like. But face it, tptb aren't exactly pussyfooting around these days. They need as many as possible to turn themselves in, saves them work. One could just as easily read about symptoms of life, of health, and go that way, but where's the reinforcement for that, in media, society? A lonely path, there.

Eventually the scanners at airports will do what bono prescribed, years ago..catch 'aidscases' at the airport, by reading their aura, making sure they get the tatoo. They will never admit to the fraud, and medicine will never work to identify the farce. To them, the more, the merrier.

Look around you. Society began to unravel the second they started with the new, catchy, vowel-laden acronym, 'aids'. No amount of truth, findings, nor public revolt will ever get one's name removed from the death list. There's too much stigma attached to it, even if you are a truth seeker. The minds of man were formed on the day of the first gunshot, which continued to sound until only the echo was needed to promote it. It was a bold design stroke. The media do not need the targets to know that they are being assassinated each time the telescreen is clicked on. And you hear this with the radio, from papers, magazines, all celebs, of course, who wish to remain celebs, because it's a conspiracy. No one keeps their broadcasting gig unless they suck it, literally (babara walters and so on), and figuratively. Same with anyone paid by the jewish media, in any way shape or form. Scuse me for rambling, but I recall parties in the 80's that were exactly like a tupperware party, only for new diseases instead of new plastic wares. I know this sounds strange, but that is exactly what these little parties were designed to do. I recall the sly look on my junkie jew friend's face, and he heard everything I ever said when pointing out the power the media had, such as the old stagger the story so it appears on every channel in synch with your surfing habits trick, which gave one the sense that whatever they were saying, it was gonna be the truth, period. It's a weapon, the media, and you know it. My friend, at that time, knew that I knew, and he was given plenty of dope to stay on my case, keep me close, to give me a call just after his being busted for a package he'd received but one which brought feds to his house as well. 'Oh hi, haven't heard from you..."

"Are you holding?"

"Uh, if I talked to you that way..."

"Just come on by, and bring a little something, OK?"

Oh hey...look at all the pretty police cars lining the streets...

Then you go in and hear what happened, realizing that your very presence was enough to implicate you in his troubles. You see what had just gone down, and you were invited over only to place you as a perpetrator. I was the get out of jail card.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by davidmann]

[edit on 20-2-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think the biggest reason smoking kills you, and the biggest reason why pot makes you go mad, is because people get swamped with too much negative information. I once read about someone very nearly dying from overdosing on a placebo. anti-depressant, trial, he was taking part in!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The hypochondriac is one that will read symptoms, and think that they've got them all. Almost any illness. Hypochondria is really common in today's society. This is why medication commercials are so insanely successful.
And to make matters worse, they have even thrown symptoms that NORMAL people have every day, into the commercials.

Every Hypochondriac in the world will admit themselves and their kids into the hospital at even the slightest hint that they have come down with the new fad illness.

Hypochondriacs, imo, are extremely common. The media has given MANY Americans the disease...... We just see it all the time these days.

Not that I think the Hypochondriac is "faking it", but when they sit and dwell on illnesses long enough, they start to sincerely believe it, and they sincerely make themselves sick, or just so strongly believe that they're sick, that there's no convincing them otherwise -- Because they sincerely ARE ill, in their mind... So perhaps the body makes it so...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It is a fact, our state of mind is capable of creating or curing and making it easier, relating to diseases.

For example. The placebo.
Tiny critters like ants can cause an itch only thinking about them.

I suggest you watch this video What the bleep do we know.

Its pretty reliable science what they are showing.
Until they get floating and speculating of course.

Enjoy it's quite funny.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

I think the biggest reason smoking kills you, and the biggest reason why pot makes you go mad, is because people get swamped with too much negative information. I once read about someone very nearly dying from overdosing on a placebo. anti-depressant, trial, he was taking part in!!!

I know and heard of people getting very old, smoking their entire life.

What would you say if at some point in time there were a lot nuclear explosions. The particles released will be around longer then we are.
If some wind took only one microscopic particle up in the air, you breath it in. You get cancer from it. When there is nothing left fro a body when they dig it up. There is still this particle . Lifted up by the wind, again.

[edit on 20/2/10 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I had strange symptoms for over a year (fibromyalgia)

The doctors i went to could find nothing wrong till one sent me for a CT scan.
that is when the found abnormal lymph nodes.

I knew something was wrong and kept trying to find the problem.
after the CT scan they did a biopsy and found the sarcoidosis i have.

But i still have doctors that do not believe that the fibromyalgia is related to the sarcoidosis even though a large number of people with sarcoidosis also have fibromyalgia.

Don't doctors ever use read medical research papers on the internet.

Its like they go to school and from then they quit learning because they think they know everything.

www.sarcoidconnection.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LususNaturae

South African PhD neurologist researcher Dr. Caroline Leaf asserts that 85% of diseases are a result, essentially of 'stinkin' thinkin.'

Henry Wright' s

A MORE EXCELLENT WAY

documents what he's learned over 20 years in terms of how violating THE MANUAL results in specific diseases depending on what's been violated in one's thinking and actions.

His website is

www.beinhealth.com...

He has 100's of MD's consulting with him and sending their incurable patients to him . . . who are routinely healed of many deadly incurable diseases.

Dr Leaf talks about neurological pathways building memories either in a love way or a fear way. And, that the Fear type results in dis-eases. She has an extensive amount of research to back up her assertions.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thank you, thank you, a million times thank you! (to everyone who posted)

Your insights have been immensely useful (although, I have yet to find that damned book) and I truly appreciate your taking time to post in this topic.

Now, lets be clear on a few things before I continue -
I do not believe in a lot of new-age philosophy, though I embrace the message. (To the user who linked me to What the Bleep Do We Know... actually, the science in that movie is questionable, and a lot of it is drawing illogical and unscientific conclusions... and actually, that movie is a good starting point, and I have watched it, many times, and it is false on many accounts, but it got me interested in Quantum Mechanics and Physics in general...)

I do not believe that simply believing, or as one user here stated, 'not being manipulated' will make-it-so that one will never be diseased again. In my (perhaps naive) opinion, disease will exist in all forms of life regardless of ones mentality towards it. Plants get sick, and, as far as I know, plants are not hypochondriacs. Neither do I believe that all hypochondriacs must necessarily get ill from pure belief in the illness.

Now, that's out of the way...

I DO absolutely believe that our mentality has an effect on the disease. If, for example, one gets a mild cold with a fever, one can exaggerate the effects of the illness in his or her mind and thus increase the reaction through belief in that respect - increase the fever, induce vomiting (or whatever the body can do to excrete the toxins/disease).

In the book that I was talking about in OP, it discussed how the mind, quite literally, changed the genetics in order to protect itself or something to that effect... well,I remember genetics playing a part in it.

Also, thank you much, BO XIAN for the information. You have given me reading material for a little while, and perhaps will help me in my path to finding this book once again.

Thank you all again,

LususNaturae

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LususNaturae

Now, lets be clear on a few things before I continue -
I do not believe in a lot of new-age philosophy, though I embrace the message. (To the user who linked me to What the Bleep Do We Know... actually, the science in that movie is questionable, and a lot of it is drawing illogical and unscientific conclusions... and actually, that movie is a good starting point, and I have watched it, many times, and it is false on many accounts, but it got me interested in Quantum Mechanics and Physics in general...)

LususNaturae [/quote

I know it's not very accurate. I assumed you could filter the BS yourself.
But as you said. It got me interested in the first place. I thought I mentioned it to get floaty.
Whatever you just proved you don't deny ignorance.

Although i did make it look like I overqualified it indeed.

Sorry for that.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

You are quite welcome.

Henry Wright's books are available via his website:

www.beinhealth.com...

Dr Caroline Leaf, the neurology researcher . . . has a website, I don't recall the exact URL. Dogpile.com can find her.

I'm now reading

FEAR OVERSHADOWING YOUR LIFE.

by Henry Wright. It's excellent but very hard hitting.

I should note, his materials are all Christ centered. I wouldn't waste your money if you are not a committed Christian, unless you are seriously fair-minded enough to consider what he's saying.

He notes a Johns Hopkins study not that long ago about how Asthma is now known to be fear and anxiety generated. That there's nothing, per se in the environment triggering it apart from the fear/anxiety mentality. Changed the whole professional community's understanding of Asthma.

Dr Caroline Leaf notes that our brain functions based on two different types of responses, thoughts . . . either FEAR OR LOVE.

That Fear generates all manner of toxicity. And Love, the opposite.

That we have up to around 60,000 thoughts/thought cycles a day--about ever 2 seconds.

She talks about our strength being in 1-3 areas of:

INTRA PERSONAL
INTERPERSONAL
LINGUISTIC
VISUAL SPATIAL
MUSICAL
LOGICAL MATH
KINESTHETIC

And that there are 7 areas of our brain where each of these is centered. That we take in information via our dominant modality or perspective; that it's supported by our 2nd strongest; consolodated by our 3rd; confirmed by our 4th; integrated by our 5th; applied by our 6th and then kind of concluded or closed or filed away with our 7th.

And that our brain cycles through each of those centers to some major or significant degree with each 2 second thought.

And, that we do best when we emphasize, utilize most our strongest areas and not waste a lot of time trying to strengthen our weakest areas.

She and Henry Wright agree though I don't know if they even know each other. They certainly come from a similar perspective.

Her videos are a trip. I think she has some on YouTube. She has a beautiful So African accent but talks 90miles a minute. It's a wonder she can breathe--from the beginning of the video to the end.

I will note that I have had relief from life long allergies via Henry Wright's teachings and the Biblical principles involved.

He has facilitated many folks with super sensitive environmental sensitivities--couldn't leave sanitized rooms etc. being totally free of all trace of such illnesses. Ditto many rare and incurable deadly diseases.

Ditto many cancers. Many MD's refer patients to him and consult with him constantly.

Anyway--FWIW

Blessings,

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

You're probably talking about "Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers" by Professor Robert Sapolsky.

Oh wait if it was changing genetics it must have been Dr. Bruce Lipton's book.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm not sure it was Dr. Bruce Liptons book

but that sounds damned near close to what I wanted!

Thank you, drew hempel.

And, Sinter Klaas (like that name btw), I re-read your post and you did mention it does get a little floaty (although, admittedly, I did not understand what you meant by that). Thank you for your contribution, and I hope that someone read that post, clicked on the link and learned new things.

Thank you for posting, and resolving this topic to everyone,

LususNaturae

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If you haven't yet, ask a librarian for help.

They get questions like this all the time ("I'm looking for a book, and it's got a picture of a clock in it. And a dog. But it's not a kids' book") and they're very good at asking just the right questions that will help you find the book.

Yes, even if it's a different library.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Haha of course, Byrd. I haven't, since I can't really remember what was on the cover. I literally picked it up for maybe 30 seconds at the library a year or two ago. I took a little mental note and forgot about it until recently. I have absolutely nothing other than that little mental note to go on.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well stress can lead to all sorts of problems. I guess if you were legitimately stressed about getting diseases, you'd be more susceptible to them. There are also quite a few psychosomatic conditions that people are reluctant to admit are such because of our stigma against mental illness. Hypochondriacs are more likely to get diseases that don't really exist but cause them real pain.

new topics

top topics

join