It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Arrivals" The truth in one series?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

My country was for a long time a battle front between catholic and Protestant churge. We however passed by
Luther and a few others.

I'll applaud you for having found your faith !
My experience is that the more I learn about it the more I get convinced of it's truths.

Not in God but in the people making up the stories along the way.

On topic.
I actually liked watching it. The claim the Islam is the one true religion is of course full of crap.
If the Islam 1600 years ago knew things they couldn't know by our understanding of our history this does not in any way makes it real or define or whatever.

The fact is the Maya's a few hundred years ago new things we couldn't even dream about a century ago.
They wer not even bothered by us at that time. They didn't even have invented the wheel at that time.

The oldest civilisation we know of in ancient Sumeria, about 6000 years ago have knowledge beyond our imagination.
It proves nothing and it only raises more questions.

I've got a whole book just laying 2 meters away, full of true ancient knowledge written in the bible confirmed with present day science.

The only proof is see is our arrogance to shout we know the truth shoots by the ignorence of understanding we can't possibly know the truth.

If interested I can translate a few but the fact of the matter is the same.
We just don't know for sure. And we know that the Koran was the last holy scripture written. It isn't altered for all I know it's all just a bed time story.

I do know ancient knowledge does not make it real.Or true for that matter.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
Wake up project makes good videos.

Of course they advertise Islam... that's the job of Muslims.

If you don't like it, press stop?

Yep.
They are sharing their reasearch AND beliefs in the videos, so the fact that they are muslim, will of course come into play. Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Thanks for your detailed response, I hope others that were confused by my comments now understand where you are coming from. As others have mentioned, there is an agenda behind these videos so I would be careful how seriously you take the contents. Any demonstration involving Holy Texts/Biblical Prophecy is bound to show bias towards that religion.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

That's probably The most random reason I've ever heard for anyone joining/taking up a religious belief/persuasion.... a numerical code

It's actually pretty cool really.

I liked Return of Jedi the best too... so I see why you chose part 3 of the trilogy that is the Abrahamic Faiths.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have to say that I enjoyed watching The Arrivals: although it took waaay too long.
I'm one of those people who would have much preferred reading about this stuff: I could have gotten all the information in half the time, if not less.

But of course, I had some issues with the things they proposed within the clips, but since I haven't watched it in over 6 months: I can't really think of them.
Oh wait, I remember: I had issues with the importance they gave to celebrities. As if the different performances by the most fake people are tools of the elite to communicate what they are doing? Who cares about Rhianna's (?) performance on a checkered floor? I didn't see the connections they were going for with that: but that could be because I couldn't give half a crap about celebrities.

And now, I'm rambling.

But I certainly do think The Arrivals is worth watching, because at least it makes one think about the world around them: regardless of whether the authors of the film series are right or not.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
Doc, truth is subjective.

Are you suggesting an organised religious opinion is a fact?

The reason I ask is because if it was a fact then you wouldn't have to bother having faith in it.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by miles25

"The Arrivals" The truth in one series?

wakeupproject.com

This series will attempt to investigate the signs and foundations of the Antichrist/Dajjal, Imam Al Mahdi, And the second coming of Jesus Christ
(visit the link for the full news article)

The second coming of jesus christ?I thougth these videos were based on islam beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join