It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Arrivals" The truth in one series?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

"The Arrivals" The truth in one series?

wakeupproject.com

This series will attempt to investigate the signs and foundations of the Antichrist/Dajjal, Imam Al Mahdi, And the second coming of Jesus Christ
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hey Ats,
I recently watched this series of videos and found it very interesting that so much of this could be happening right now, so i thought i might share it with everyone on here, and see all the different opinions from different people.
This is my first post here on ATS, and i welcome any sort of opinion/knowledge on this particular topic.

Thankyou.

wakeupproject.com...

wakeupproject.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This series is really good up until the end where it's a great big advertisement for the Qur'an.

I feel violated.

From seeing comments on the host web page it would seem that this series has been successful in converting at least some atheists.

Why does everything seem to have a hidden agenda?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This video has been posted a few times here on ATS and I for one can say that I enjoyed the series

I would be interested to see if the creators of this documentary have made anything sense the Arrivals .

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Actually, if you go to www.Wakeupproject.com and click on videos, there is a series called "Phase 3" which is also pretty interesting.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Wake up project makes good videos.

Of course they advertise Islam... that's the job of Muslims.

If you don't like it, press stop?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Agreed.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
But "The Arrivals" shouldn't pretend to offer "The Truth" as opposed to that "Truth" offered by any other crusade on the planet.

I found "The Arrivals" rather sinister, actually, and I generally trust my first impressions. They're always right.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
But "The Arrivals" shouldn't pretend to offer "The Truth" as opposed to that "Truth" offered by any other crusade on the planet.

I found "The Arrivals" rather sinister, actually, and I generally trust my first impressions. They're always right.

— Doc Velocity

Doc, truth is subjective.

I guess everyone should just follow the government sanctioned definition of "truth", then there wouldn't be confusion, right?

They never pretended that it wasn't an Islamic film. It's just their version of what they truly believe the "truth" is.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by miles25

Thanks for that bit of info

I will definitely check that out .

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
Doc, truth is subjective.

Exactly, which is why my shields go up when anyone offers "The Truth" to me. It's usually a lie with a hidden agenda.

I guess everyone should just follow the government sanctioned definition of "truth", then there wouldn't be confusion, right?

Why would you think that? The government is the last place you should seek Truth.

The Truth is only known in the heart. The Truth cannot be taught, it can't be revealed, and anyone pretending to serve you "The Truth" on a silver platter is usually a liar, if not THE liar.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/20/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I agree, our gaurds should be up when anyone offers "truth".

And the thing about government sanctioned truth was sarcasm....

Personally. I agree with most of the Wake Up Project films.... but I'm a Muslim convert... so a little biased

I was atheist before too.. but not converted because of a movie series.
But watching it.. I don't they had a "hidden agenda".. It's blatantly obvious that this is an Islamic film. The reality is that there are many undeniable truths in these films, regardless of your religious or political spectrum. It just so happens that these truths show that maybe western society isn't perfect.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I had no idea that it was an Islamic film until the end. Looking back now it was silly of me, but I missed the intro, and chose to ignore the text at the beginning "the foundations of the antrichrist" or maybe take it as metaphorical rather than literal.

Just seemed to be an agenda hidden in some truths a la Zeitgeist. If you really watch it, the series goes from more rational topics like government control to less rational topics like government satanic worship, and then to videos completely dedicated to religious worship sic the guy with an eye like a bulging grape.

My personal experience of these films was being tricked. I thought the essence of the series was about governmental conspiracy and it turned out to be religious. I even reconsidered my beliefs for a short period.

I partly blame myself.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This series opened my eyes, it has alot of valuable message and good information... every person is entitled to their own opinion of course but this eries did not have a hidden agenda...

it is interesting also because the sunni muslims disagree with it because it supports shiaa beliefs...

on our world the truth is condemned, and any person that brings the truth to us is prosecuted, thats why jesus was crusifed, and thats why the 11 imams where all murdered leaving 1 imam has yet to come and save us... maybe non muslims should study islam and the life of the prophet and his family... you will never see islam the same way again...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The problem with this film is, whatever the intentions of it's makers.

If you only slightly believe there is some truth in it relating to the Antichrist Mahdi figure.

You pretty much must except cristianity, Judaism and Islam to all come from a true source. If you got over this concept. Which one will you choose ?
Christianity is of the table. The OT clearly says something like, thou shall not honor or worship other god's and your god is a jealous god.

Immediately Islam would drop because it's also different.

What's left is a religion with a envy, jealous god. One that doesn't give a crap and let his chosen people exterminate, much more thoroughly then the what happened in WW2. Or he does it himself. The punish for doubts in him is death and so on.

I'll ask again which one will you choose ?

I think it's more logical to believe there are people in power who thought the all up. And I'm not even an Atheist.

If anyone believe Islam is bad or evil.
They can not say Judaism isn't and then reality would be you realise christianity is based on a fals religion.

[edit on 20/2/10 by Sinter Klaas]

[edit on 20/2/10 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I was atheist before too.. but not converted because of a movie series.
But watching it.. I don't they had a "hidden agenda".. It's blatantly obvious that this is an Islamic film. The reality is that there are many undeniable truths in these films, regardless of your religious or political spectrum. It just so happens that these truths show that maybe western society isn't perfect.

Maybe Western Society can strive toward truth and perfection by implementing Sharia Law? That should fix all our problems.

I find it strange how "Atheists" can be so easily converted to a religion like Islam. How do you go from "There is no God" to "I submit to God, his teachings and his most revered prophet, Mohammed"?

[edit on 20/2/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Here is a link to an excellent examination of the anti-christ and the Mahdi. It was co-authored by AshleyD, one of the mods here on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Eric

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

I appreciate all of your opinions and comments, thanks guys.
And cheers for the link Eric.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Maybe Western Society can strive toward truth and perfection by implementing Sharia Law? That should fix all our problems.

I find it strange how "Atheists" can be so easily converted to a religion like Islam. How do you go from "There is no God" to "I submit to God, his teachings and his most revered prophet, Mohammed"?

I'll answer your questions and try to correct some misconceptions. I normally don't bring up these topics on ATS, but since you asked...

Truthfully almost no countries have true sharia law anymore. They all have westernized law systems nowadays. Saudi probably has the strictest laws. But also I do not agree strict sharia law, I think most of the prohibitions are actually against the teachings in the Quran. Instead people also use the teachings of Muhammad to create stricter lawsOf course people shouldn't be forced to being Muslim or anything like that.

Why are you under the assumption that I converted "easily"? I only converted because I found proofs in the Quran which proved to me that it was not written by humans. You might say this is rubbish, but without researching for yourself you can't definitively say that.

There is a numerical code in the Quran which was only found using computers which proves it couldn't have been written by humans. This is not numerological nonsense, the code is actually mentioned by parable in chapter 74, verses 30 and 31. The code is also demonstrated by the 29 chapters which start out with previously unexplained.

This code is much more founded than the "bible codes".. Here's an article explaining some of the evidences.

19.org...,31,0,0,1,0

Furthermore, there's many instances of scientific evidences in the Quran which couldn't have possibly been known 1400 years ago. The Quran talks about some of these miracles in allegorical terms, because the language was not developed enough to say them. For instance, the universe is claimed to be continually expanding:

T

51:47 We constructed the universe with might, and We are expanding it.
he rotation of the earth is explained by:

[27:88] When you look at the mountains, you think that they are standing still. But they are moving, like the clouds. Such is the manufacture of GOD, who perfected everything. He is fully Cognizant of everything you do.

Also the rotation of the earth is explained again:

[7:54] Your Lord is the one GOD, who created the heavens and the earth in six days,* then assumed all authority. The night overtakes the day, as it pursues it persistently, and the sun, the moon, and the stars are committed to serve by His command. Absolutely, He controls all creation and all commands. Most Exalted is GOD, Lord of the universe.

The night is always persuing the day when you look at the earth from space.

Also, the embryonic development of a child is explained before science had ever analysed these things.

23:14 Then We created the seed into an embryo, then We created the embryo into a fetus, then We created the fetus into bone, then We covered the bone with flesh, then We brought forth a new creation. So glory be to God, the best of creators.

There's tons more... An article for more is here:

www.missionislam.com...

Finally, I have to clarify that Muhammad is not God's favorite prophet. The Quran clearly states that all messengers are EQUAL in importance.

[2:136] Say, "We believe in GOD, and in what was sent down to us, and in what was sent down to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs; and in what was given to Moses and Jesus, and all the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction among any of them. To Him alone we are submitters." [3:84] Say, "We believe in GOD, and in what was sent down to us, and in what was sent down to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs, and in what was given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction among any of them. To Him alone we are submitters."

Once you are willing to accept that God is real, and the Quran is unaltered scripture.. It's pretty obvious to see that its not something you can go "half way" into. You either have to submit to His will or face the retribution in the afterlife.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
You pretty much must except cristianity, Judaism and Islam to all come from a true source. If you got over this concept. Which one will you choose ?

Actually, I came from a fairly puritanical Christian family, and then I turned "atheist" for a couple of decades before I came back to objectively study Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism and even Hinduism.

I eventually gravitated to the Lutheran Church, which is a direct offshoot of Catholicism but with a very important difference. The Catholic monk Martin Luther dared to castigate the Catholic Church in the 16th Century, denouncing the corruption therein, and even hammering the Pope himself in The 95 Thesis — which was the most courageous thing I think I ever read.

I mean, a mere monk DARED to challenge and deride the Pope. You don't get more ballsy than that in the 16th Century.

Martin Luther launched The Reformation of the Catholic Church, which is arguably the most important event in all Christianity, second only to Christ's Resurrection.

This monk impressed me with his sheer nerve so much so that I became Lutheran. That was my choice, and I don't regret it. Granted, I have some very different spiritual notions than do my fellow Lutherans, but I'm not afraid to speak power to my Faith. I have that authority.

In any event, I don't trust anything that doesn't have some Jolly Green Giant balls behind it. True Faith is all about having big balls.

In the case of "The Arrivals," I found the series lacking in nerve, lacking in balls, if you will. It didn't speak to me with authority, and I don't particularly respect a timid message.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/21/2010 by Doc Velocity]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join