It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS been infiltrated by anti-israel agents?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I am really starting to wonder if I am seeing just the average persons hatred of Israel or something else. I would like to think the posters are sitting at home and work and not in some government run Internet sweatshop. It is the number of posts and the almost scripted replies I am seeing maybe I am paranoid?

I think Israel just like any country is fair game. But this is something else. I know Israel is not a fan favorite here to begin with but the last 6 months it has really taken off. And let's just say it is happening is there any way to stop it?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It's the internet, you can't stop nothing.

I think the criticism is not towards the Israeli people, but their government and it's actions.

There is a big difference between the two. Do I think ATS is infiltrated? No.

Do I think government agencies have ATS on a watch list? Sure, if I were a government bent on total control, I would certainly have the largest alternative thought website on my list.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
No, I don't think so, I think it's just Jew hate as usual. I used to frequent another site called Rense but finally decided they were a hate group and stopped. The ATS is ok though because there are as many supporters of Israel as there are haters. But I don't think they're agents. However, the ATS is being watched. One should never even use a computer unless they understand that the internet is a rather large place and nothing is ever private.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Fromabove]

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

No but it sure has been infiltrated by a lot of Israelis posing as American Patriots!

There version of American patriotism is just a wee bit different in that they place their primary concern on Israel even when it's too America's detriment.

I sure would keep your eyes out for one of those guys OP...seen one lately by chance?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I disagree this is something more. I hope you are right but my gut tells me your not.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You can actually check all the threads I post in. Did you know that go and check it for yourself. If I am a agent they are going to be pissed I am off the clock so much.

I am talking about a overall pattern. We used to see a couple threads now it is like 5 a day or more? It is like a assembly line of propaganda.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I agree. If something happens, we shouldn't talk about it. If we do talk about it, it's because we're anti-topic.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I hope you are right. Both sides should have a voice on any issue and that voice should be able to be heard. And I also like you points about the Internet not being a little place but a big place. But I have noticed a shift in the power base it is like a machine sometimes if you get my drift.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think some people are either terminally thickheaded or purposefully twist reality to suit their particular agenda.

Listen closely - One may criticize a government and its policies without including the general population of that country in the criticism.
One may criticize "America's" foreign policy and not be criticizing Americans as a whole.

I realize that this is a tough concept for some of you, but do try to understand.

Many Israelis do no like their government's policies. I wonder if some of you have ever read Israeli newspapers. To suggest that criticizing Israel is anti-Semitic is an insult to intelligence and to Israelis. Please stop doing it.

Zionism = an ideology
Judaism = a religion
A Jew = a religious person that follows the Mosaic law regardless of race.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I'll ask a question, be honest. How long have you been reading ATS? By reading, I mean everyday?

I've been a lurker since about 2003 and there's always been the same ammount of anti-Israel, pro-Israel whenever they are in the news as much as they are right now.

Look at all the MSM stories about Iran, Israel and other countries, which are centered around arguments which include Israel?

There are a lot these days, more so than usual. This is why I don't think there is an actual "effort" to make or break Israel on this site, from either side.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I am really starting to wonder if I am seeing just the average persons hatred of Israel or something else.

I think you are friend. No offence.

I'm just a normal guy and I can't really say I like the idea of Israel or Zionism. Quite frankly it frightens me and I feel kinda threatened by it.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

No offence taken and thank you for your post. I do side more with Israel but I also find them a inclusive people I side with them because they are a democracy and have also been a good supporter of the US. I think everyone should have there own opinion and it should be heard but when you see the machine the anti-Israel movement has become it makes me wonder just a little bit. That is why I started this thread.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
No, I don't think for a second that ATS has been infiltrated by anti-Israeli agents anymore than its infiltrated by anti-Muslim, or anti-christian, or anti official story to 911, anti-science, anti-medicine, anti-China, Russia, Iran, anti-Obama, anti-NWO, anti-aliens and or whatever, take your pick.

The answer is no, but if you still do, then it might be personal to you alone and not of Global importance. Also if it just that you're looking for someone to agree with you, I wont bite.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I believe that the majority of negative feelings are directed at the Israeli government and war machine, rather than the "nation" as a whole.

It is true that anger towards the government in Tel Aviv has been growing in recent years. However I personally attribute this to the growth of the internet and the continued acceleration of our information networks. It has become more difficult to control information flow, and perform PR damage control. Is there a conspiracy to defame Israel? I don't think so, however I will say that I think public opinion is mounting increasingly against them.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Shark_Feeder]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Yes there has been a very strong anti-israel lobby in here over the last several years that I have been coming here anyway.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack

Many Israelis do no like their government's policies. I wonder if some of you have ever read Israeli newspapers. To suggest that criticizing Israel is anti-Semitic is an insult to intelligence and to Israelis. Please stop doing it.

Agreed sir, very well put.

Your eloquence and simplicity force me to star your post, for the truth is being spoken.

If only more people would just listen to that message, perhaps our Political Discourse on the subject would be more Mature, Friendly, and for once we may actually get Progress.

But maybe someone in power does not want Progress. So that is why we have the hate speech vs both parties so much.

I think we should approach from a Neutral position. That way we treat all sides fairly and with respect.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder

It is true that anger towards the government in Tel Aviv has been growing in recent years. However I personally attribute this to the growth of the internet and the continued acceleration of our information networks.

Not to mention that the last several times Israle has been provoked that they have been down right fearsome in their responce.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Well let's use your logic if we started to see pro-swine flu vaccination threads by the dozen would it make you wonder? Also I don't need you to agree with me that is the beauty of personal truth. This is personal truth and personal truth is subjective. The facts are not.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Yes there has been a very strong anti-israel lobby in here over the last several years that I have been coming here anyway.

I disagree. It is not organized like this. It's not a lobby.

It is just random internet people who read the tons and tons of lies spread around the internet and lack the education necessary to understand the depth of the issues.

They then come onto ATS and repeat the convincing half-truths and misinformation that they were convinced of by others. It is actually a somewhat innocent mistake. For the most part.

I am totally skeptical about it being "organized". I think it's random.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

It is just the sign of the times,

Anti Jewish propaganda is rampant on the internet, and there will be another holocaust.

I have seen this on other forums too.

That is just the point, they will not answer, they disguise it as anti Zionism, but they cannot define the average Jew from the Zionist,

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join