It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't know how conspiracy theorists can criticize everything exept RP. Especially when they give the illuminati such powers, why wouldn't they take over Ron Paul?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Basically he thinks for himself. He has what you would call a soul, and he hasn't sold it, he hasn't sold out. His message has stayed the same for decades! The powers that be create people like Obama and Palin. These are media sensations with no substance. Overnight they become famous and have nothing behind them to give them value, as if they sold their soul to satan (so to speak). Ron Paul spent 20 years on his message before the public began to pay attention. That's not "Good business" if you are looking at any sort of "behind the scenes" dictation of these events. He simply does not follow the formula.

His pro-life stance is not good politics. Having said that, the PTB could make him unelectable on that alone. Don't even get me started on the egoic and superficial reaction most have to the pro-life stance. But the PTB can use that, and they will. They didn't even bother with that in 2008, if he runs in 2012 they will pull out the big guns, as some on here have mentioned. But that's very powerful and unfortunately our egos can be manipulated to make us hurt only oursleves in the end.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I dont agree with Ron Paul on many policies and I think most of his goals for the presidency are unrealistic. There have been some things where his views have aligned with mine such as withdrawal of bases abroad, strengthening borders, decriminalization of marijuana and afew other things I cannot pin point at the moment. But then again I have been turned off by his idea of an unrestrained market, his views on privatizing the education system and his previous votes such as opposition against the 1964 voting rights act where I dont think theres any excuse.

I also believe he is just a front meant to draw in a segment of the voting population to the Republican party. People refer to him as an alternative to the Democrats and Republicans but how so? He complains about how both these parties are stepping over the constitution yet his remained apart of the republican party establishment during that time. When the patriot act passed, he complained but remained in the Republican party. When the lie of a war was waged, pushed by republicans, he was vocal but remained in the republican party. This year he is insisting that other voters support his fellow Texan republicans defending their seats this 2010 elections, the same ones who rallied behind the patriot act and the Iraq war. So I dont buy what his offering.

I do not deny that he has made many points that have aligned with my views dead on. I do find it frightening that this man recieves almost no objectivity on this forum. I really doubt it would be the same attitude after two years with this man in office. In anycase I actually do hope he gets voted in so we can atleast give the policies many conservative ATSers had been nagging about here for years.

On a further note I must express my utter disgust at the reports some members are giving that Ron Paul was taken off the ballot. I mean if we are just talking about the primaries, not the general elections, I think you guys really have a case. I may not agree much with the man but anybody denied their constitutional right to vote who they feel should be given justice. I didnt know it was legal for candidates to just be removed from the ballot like that..... has anybody reported this??

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

i see your point, i mean afterall RP is a republican, he is a congressman... and who knows, maybe he is but, he is by far the loudest voice the people have in government.. obama is a tool, always has been, groomed to be thee manchurian candidate, 1/2 black 1/2 white etc etc

ron pauls opinons and stances seem to be consistant with what the people r thinking right now, even the ignorant ones who dont know much about whats goin know things are really f*cked up right now. RP is consitant about his views on debt and the fed and very limited government and ending the wars and you know the guy says everything right... my hope is that he is takin seriously this time around and even if he isnt i think the only peaceful way that we have a shot at our (the peoples) voice being heard in 2012 is by voting ron paul in the white house wether he is on the republican ticket or not. hes the only voice we have in the halls of congress, if he dont work... as i said before... if not RP, then there is nobody.. he is the last representitive of the people in congress... not even his fellow republicans like the guy, all of them r trying to hop on the populist bandwagon by hijacking the tea party "movement" (which started out so promising but is now nothing more than a mouthpiece for trash like sarah palin) so, RON PAUL 2012 either as a republican (i prefer not) or an INDEPENDENT...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ron Paul is just what this country needs, an honest politician that speaks the truth and doesn't owe anybody any special interest favors.......Ahahahahahaha you think THAT guy is going to get into office? Oh please, if voting mattered they wouldn't let you do it.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bonaire

Originally posted by TwilightMage
If he does get to run for president, I'm definitely going to vote for him. He knows what the people need, and would fight for that, rather than for his own needs.

Vote anyway. I did in 2008 - for RP for Pres. skipping the other "two" parties. Always vote for who you want - not the lesser of two evils.

Isn't that the truth. You can't vote for the lesser of two evils because both parties are equally evil.I didn't vote for Ron Paul, actually I couldn't, he wasn't on the ballot, but I dismissed him because he advocated ending income taxes. I thought, that was way out! How could the country run without income taxes? But it turns out you don't need them. The income taxes only go to the banking cabal to pay the interest on our national debt, which they made up out of thin air and loaned to us. Now our entire banking system is backed, not by gold, but by the national debt because it is listed as an asset and with fractional banking the banks can loan 900% of it which causes another tax, inflation that reduced the value of the dollar over the years to three cents

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Coffinman, just stopping in after having another coffin nail and to say S&F.

I think the booing that went on at the CPAC conference was staged.

The degradation already started in my eyes. We are so screwed!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hopefully America will move even further towards Libertarianism. This may be an indicator.

Overall, I was way too distracted by the mislabeling of Oklahoma in the map graphic. It was labeled LA..... lol.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Ron Paul.

Actually I like this guy. I don't think a Ron Paul will ever happen for the U.S., though. Just a gut feeling.

I thought he made a lot of sense when he actually got to debate during the last presidential primaries. I recall that Fox News had a debate and did not include him. Instead they had Fred Thompson, heh, there, and Rudy Giulliani, yikes! but no Ron Paul, who at the time, I think he actually had more supporters than those other two idiots.

One thing about Ron Paul, though, that I wonder about, his denial that the U.S. government, or the agents of said government, could have had anything at all to do with the 9/11 crap. He just won't take the leap. It's pure political suicide if he did. Probably actual suicide if he did.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I'm shocked Ron Paul toppled Romney those boos may have been old mitt's supporters there or plants from the GOP establishment.If RP runs in 2012 we will have the mother of all election battles between Obama and Paul I would love to see a Libertarian vs. Democratic presidential campaign with the GOP on the sidelines and rightly so.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by minute2midnight
reply to post by Carseller4

Kinda makes it hard to get votes when you're not on the ballot and most states don't allow write-ins don't you think? Nah, just ignore that fact and sweep it under the rug.

You don't seriously run for President unless you make sure you are on all of the states ballots. If Sarah Palin did this, people would call her an idiot for not getting qualified in all 50 states. (57 if you are Obama).

So the question is...was Ron Paul serious about running or was he just doing it to raise MONEY?

Let's get this straight.

There can only be one person nominated from the Republican party for President. It was John McCain, NOT Ron Paul.

Ron Paul dropped out of the race.

Therefore, he wasn't on the damned ballot. Your argument is not valid.

You don't like the guy? Fine. Say why, don't spout off with junk that is blatantly false. This was only two years ago, it's not like this is ancient history and everyone forgot about it. So please, stop with this Orwellian attempt to rewrite history. Not going to happen.

Again, if you don't like the guy, then give reasons why, don't try and bring lies into this. There's enough of that in our politics as it is, we don't need more.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hate to admit it, but Ron Paul won't be around forever. Guy is getting up there. Hopefully we can get a Ron Paul protege soon. Maybe to run with him in 2012 and take over when he's gone?

But like others here have said, TPTB won't let old Ronny get too far without smearing him as much as possible. But the one thing they can't change is all the videos floating around from YEARS and years ago predicting everything that has happened economically and warning us a long time ago. They laughed at him then and look what happened. No other candidate will have the credibility in that regard.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

ron paul looks to be the fronturnner for the republican nomination right now... of course its waaaay too early to tell but i can honestly say if the republicans did elect ron paul to be thier candidate for president and it was him against obama i would vote ron paul. ron paul is the only man in touch with the common american in congress period. if he dont work, or doesnt get a chance to work, this country is done for.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Or maybe he is the only one there to support ideas which individuals like us support so that we can support him and win and then we can be happy for 1 year like the Obama supporters were, then back to same old business.

I was hoping a black man would change the country lol, oh god they all lie, how do you know he doesn't? Revolution is the only way.. Sorry to say it.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
and his previous votes such as opposition against the 1964 voting rights act where I dont think theres any excuse.

Whoa.

Ron Paul was in office in 1964?

I cannot find any info on that. Could you please share?

Wikipedia claims he did not even enter the political arena until 1971. I guess you dispute them or am I misunderstanding?

"" He came to believe that what the Austrian school economists wrote was coming true on August 15, 1971, when President Richard Nixon closed the "gold window" by implementing the U.S. dollar's complete departure from the gold standard.[8]That same day, the young physician decided to enter politics, saying later, "After that day, all money would be political money rather than money of real value. I was astounded.""
en.wikipedia.org...

It even says he did not win an election until April of 1976.

Anyways, maybe I am misreading something or missing something here.

Either that or you have totally got things mixed up and are against Dr Paul for totally made up fictitious reasons.

If I am wrong please correct me.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Way to go Dr. Pau!l

As much as I think he would do a great job as President I think he Might be a tad too old.

Here's copies of his voting history ans stance on issues; he's been consistant all the way:

Representative Ronald Ernest 'Ron' Paul (TX)
Current Office: U.S. House
Current District: 14
Office Seeking: U.S. House
District Seeking: 14
First Elected: 11/05/1996
Last Elected: 11/04/2008
Next Election: 2010
Party: Republican

!votesmart.org...

Ron Paul
On the issues>>

www.ontheissues.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'd absolute register and vote for Ron Paul. I hope some day I get that privilege, as well as he.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I watched the Ron Paul speech. I like the guy, BUT he's not a very good orator and I can't help but wonder, given his age, if he will even make it to the next election, let alone a term in office...IF he were elected.

The guy did make some good points and have some interesting observations, BUT what's his plan to fix the "broken"? More finger pointing? Getting pushed around by big business? Sitting idly and getting nothing done like our current situation? I just don't see him being a force to reckon with in the next election.

EDIT: for someone that so adamantly supports term limits, he sure has been in Washington for a long time....

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What amazes me is that Paul is perhaps most demonized individual in politics (aside from the dems) right now. He wins, yet is booed?!

Do the repubs realize that this whole Tea Party movement was spawned from the Ron Paul Revolution? Do they realize that the momentum that conservatives are enjoying right now are a direct result of the views Paul espoused in his 2008 Presidential Campaign?

Way to shoot the messenger guys.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Would you rather have him or someone else in his seat?

You want term limits, ammend the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sickle_And_Hammer

I think his son Rand, if he can get elected as Senator in Kentucky, would stand a better chance. Paul's message is spot on but even he wondered if he was the one to deliver the message or if this was even the right time for his message.

I think it is the right time and you see this with the outpouring from the Tea Party activists. Many of them were Paul supporters.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join