It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors say coma victim (Rom Houben) was not really communicating after all.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Doctors say coma victim (Rom Houben) was not really communicating after all.

www.telegraph.co.uk< br />

The case of Mr Houben, 46, who was involved in an accident in 1983, made headlines around the world last November when his speech therapist said he was able to guide her hand around a keyboard.

Dr Steven Laureys, a neurologist at Liege University Hospital in Belgium, concluded the claims were false after conducting experiments in which Mr Houben was presented with words and objects while the therapist was out of the room. When the facilitator returned, the patient was asked what he had been sh
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I remember when this story came out late last year and I was amazed at how someone can be conscious of everything around them and not being able to do a thing for 23 years! Everyone I told was also amazed at the story and now it seems he wasn't showing signs of being conscious or being able to communicate. I don't understand the reasoning his family even keeps him alive. I know I wouldn't want to be subject to that misery and if I was aware of everything going on that would be like my own personal hell. I hope the family the best.

www.telegraph.co.uk< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join