It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftist Dutch Propose Gay Men Kiss Cycling Winners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Winner's kiss might come from gay men in Holland

A left-wing party in Amsterdam is proposing that gay men replace the miniskirted women who traditionally kiss the winner of the first leg of the Giro d'Italia, one of Europe's premier bicycle races, which begins May 8.

nbcsports.msnbc.com...

There will soon be beauty-contests to select two pretty girls to present flowers to the winner's of the Amderstam leg of the race

Most beauty-contest entrants are young women, but organisers have confirmed that three entrants are gay men

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Most beauty-contest entrants are young women, but organisers have confirmed that three entrants are gay men

Well, I hope the gay men are not more beautiful than the young women. If they are then I will have to re-evaluate my travel plans to Holland.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is kinda silly.

Mind you I'm glad they are allowing the gay men to participate, but this seems like somewhat of a tradition, so I doubt the outcome will change very much.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I suppose if the cyclists have no issue with this proposal... I'm fairly certain a few won't have an issue, but that the majority will, indeed, have an issue...

It'll be interesting to read some of the cycling blogs over the next few weeks...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
As long as people keep making these kinds of statements, it doesn't matter of they are positive or negative. Anyone who is underlining the differences still discriminates.

What I've noticed in life is that when someone finally is used to some other way of life. There are people sorry for what they did wrong and start making up for it. ( positive discrimination )

I think a lot of people only because of that start themselves feeling negative towards the aliens in their middle.

I do think it's hilarious tho !

Just also plane DUMB.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If cyclists dont already feel gay enough in those tight bike shorts, this should put the final nail in the coffin.
haha. I forsee someone getting KTFO.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
If cyclists dont already feel gay enough in those tight bike shorts, this should put the final nail in the coffin.
haha. I forsee someone getting KTFO.

HAHA.

Best thing I read all day, and a good point. You have to be real secure in yourself for to go about wearing something like that.

So they should not have a problem with this. Mind you I think they would cut out the kissing part.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

join