It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Loss experience

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

What CD was it ? What brand of cigarettes were they? What sort of car were you in? Exactly where do you suppose you were by the time you began the CD ? Do you remember where it was you stopped ? Which town or at what service area ?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
we must first remember that time is a figment of our reality, but aside from the physics, i too have experienced time loss. the most perculilar event was awaking naked on my lounge floor (sounds corny i know) the clothes have never been found, but i never felt asleep if you get me, as if i were in tonic state and all my experiences were outside this reality,my toddler had nightmare that night too, since then ive become hyper sensitive to x-ray,total loss of 8 hours approx.

ive had other time loss experiences too and just put down to the quirks of reality that its not continuous nor linear, i'd say over the average lifetime we probably loss about a week in time loss, maybe a suspension of time, the odd thing is everything around us is in line with thye time loss, other words its likely we all experience it simultainously,but few register or feel the time loss, where as others notice the oddity.

some of use are neurally more receptive i.e invisible friends as kids, see ghosts and UFO's,feel time shifts and feel tidal effects and generally more excepting of the paranormal. whereas others will reject all nuances of these feelings and thus never feel the experiences.

ask yourself this, its maths, if we all experienced the same time loss, how many of us looked at the time immediately after? how many of us experienced time loss but were silenced socially from registering the experience, how many of us felt they had just lost some time,most of us would not be aware of any change. if this were maths, it would be a very small number of people all over the world seperated by great distance,the chances of those same people bumping into one another and speaking of the experience narrows the number further.

its the awareness that time does not travel the way we percieve it to, to us our clocks read the same time as our friends,most feel that its impossible that all had the same time loss and if they did why dont they feel the way you do about the experience~?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Thank you for this post. One of the reasons that I joined this community was to find an explanation for a "lost time" experience. I don't have enough posts to start a thread so again, thank you.

My experience is from 1996. I have moved to Tulsa from L.A. for business reasons. The building that I worked in was three stories and our operation was in the basement. I entered the elevator to go to the 1st floor.

Have you ever been on an elevator and the door starts closing but a person is running to catch it and you hit the "open door" button and the door opens even though it is almost closed? I entered elevator, hit the first floor button and when the door was closed it immediately opened and I was looking at the 3rd floor offices. Between the time the door closed and opened if seemed to take one second.

There was a call for the car from the basement and it started back down. My son was working for the company at the time and was waiting for the elevator in the basement. When the door opened he looked at me and asked "Jesus dad, what's wrong"? He said that I was white as a ghost. When I explained it to him he asked if I had happened to look at my watch at any time during my experience. I had not.

I realize that this sounds like puppy-doo compared to the experiences of others but it has consumed me since then. Every time that I relate it I can't put it into the words to do it justice.

Peace...........yak055h

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I am delighted to come upon this thread. I've been experiencing time loss for years, and it has seemed to increase in frequency as I've gotten older. Usually it's small amounts... five minutes here, forty there. Rarely more than an hour. I think my individual perception of time may have something to do with it, although I know that can't be the whole picture. At 15 I had a realization that time was an illusion, and almost in the same moment came to the idea that perhaps everything is actually happening all at once, yet we as humans are "geographically" bound to individual moments, like points on a map. Ever since that moment, the passage of time has ceased to be even remotely linear for me.

I know that perception of time is supposed to "speed up" as we get older, but I've spoken to a great many people about this and have come to believe that my experience is not the same as the common one. I have a strange feeling, often, of existing slightly outside of time, or "floating" above it, as though with just a slight adjustment in thinking I might be able to somehow control it. I may seem mad, but I have a feeling that some of the people reading this thread will understand what I am talking about.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Noticed it 5 times just within last month. Talked about the last two times in a post in my thread "SELF dead can resurrect/WILL alive can reincarnate" in the skunk works somewhere. For my time missing the bible backs me up as having been back to back in my paradise. The WILL you are can leave the SELF (the human body of your's) for another SELF in some other realm, and leave behind a porter to watch till the WILL you are gets back. The porter is a comuterized soul that stands in place and takes over till you return.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I like others pay attention to what I am doing and for the most part, I have come to know just how long it takes to do certain things. Let me explain. Smoking a cigarette and drinking a cup of hot coffee takes me about 7-8 minutes to smoke a single cigarette and about the same amount of time for drinking the single cup of coffee.

That makes about 7-8 minutes of what I have come to expect if I actually smoke and drink at the same time. Well, if you have two cigarettes and two cups of coffee then you would suppose logically that it would be twice the time of what a single cup of coffee and a single cigarette would take to consume.

Well, if I smoke two cigarettes and drink two cups of coffee and yet only 5-6 minutes has passed, I would take notice that something is not right. I would suspect some kind of time loss but even after looking at everything I was doing, I still cannot explain how I could smoke two cigarettes and drink two cups of hot coffee in less than it takes to drink and smoke one cup and on cigarette.

Well, I for one and others have experienced such time anomalies and while I do not have a believable explanation for why this is happening, I do believe that the phenomena is occurring and with great regularity.

I for one don't think you are crazy, so in that regard, thanks for the posting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join