It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The glory of the two party system!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
That's a good point about all the issues and the time to become educated.
I did a little more research on the REAL meaning of republic and I can see your point about initiatives -- leading towards mob rule.
I guess it's just a sad thing for me that we went from a republic to a democracy, where the gov. is not above law of the people.
It would be nice to have something to restore this sovereign right to the people.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
There is something Jamuhn, the gun and faith in State Rights. With those, there is no power on the earth to shackle the American people.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Your sarcasm makes you look like an ignoramous, considering the low voter turn-out is only for national elections. Local elections receive very high voter turn outs.

And in America, it is the States that matter more and thus receive the most attention.

We aren't like your other nations where everything is controlled from Berlin or London or Paris or Moscow.

I am quite aware of how the American political system works. Why is a centralized government bad? The President is still a very important position that more Americans should care about. It seems I care more then most Americans and I can't vote (I have American citizenship, but have never lived there, I had plans once to work there but they fell through). He is after all "the most powerful man on earth" Do You have any numbers to back up the statement that local elections receive higher turn out rates?

www.state.nj.us...
www.michigan.gov...
www.lwvct.org...

These aren't numbers I'd call "very high" for the Gubernatorial Elections

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join