It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feb. 18 New spiral over Norway but this one...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There is another way that you can tell that it's the aurora bourealis if you don't know what one looks like.

If you click on the 3rd Link To External Image, in the original poster's initial post, and look below the mysterious pictures, there is a quote in red that says,

"At the moment we stay in Nord-Norway for the aurora!
Polarlight-Tour of 17.Feb. 2010"

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yeah, but its totally different from the perfect spiral december, the above feb 2010 are surora borealis. Swirling patterns.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Northern lights much? Seems like someone needs to go back and look at the spiral an then look at this side by side and see CLEARLY they are totally different phenomenons

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yes it appears to be the aurora borealis but it is as if it has locked into the memory of the blue man made spiral memory from Dec. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Guys, HELLOOO!!!???

Nobody had noticed the huge stick like object stopped towards to aurora???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e2335449c6e.jpg[/atsimg]

Compare with the object caught by the Rover Spirit, on martian skies...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c3341d00f43.jpg[/atsimg]

Link to original NASA image

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

OMG! Did no one notice the stick like object in this photograph?!?

Oh wait, its just the ISS and space shuttle. Nevermind...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruxshadows

Oh wait, its just the ISS and space shuttle. Nevermind...

The Rover Spirit also caught the ISS and space shuttle in martian skies.... Btw, these pics of Norway and Finland aurora, were took in Feb. 18. The ISS was visible above Orange County, California in Feb. 20. I doubt it would visible from Finland, in these last two days, specially with the lights of Aurora Borealis... Nevermind....

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

It was the Aurora Borealis, there have been Solar storms recently.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zara_bow
reply to post by free_spirit

It was the Aurora Borealis, there have been Solar storms recently.

Only a fool would argue it is not Aurora.

The Debate is between whether this Aurora pattern is Natural in it's origins, or whether this spiral pattern has been created through man-made manipulation.

Is it natural or manipulated by humans? This is the question.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by leo123

Originally posted by ventian
Just looks like the Aurora Borealis to me.

LOL - right.

You have obviously never experienced the northern lights real time.

Is this image in real time?

Who knew!

Hey I saw the norway spiral in my toilet this morning... I swear.. It was a spiral... How odd, and the strangest part is Im no where near norway!!

Or it was the blue loo... But no, it was def. something worth mentioning. God damned spirals...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

I'm not talking about what was photographed in the martian sky's. I'm talking about the picture you posted. Now to say that the ISS was spotted in cali on Feb 18th and not spotted 2 days later in another part of the world is just ridicules. Do you know how many times the ISS circles earth each day? Well lets see...it takes 90 mins for one earth pass....soooo roughly 15-16 times. 15 to 16 times daily for it to circle earth. If it didn't pass over Finland then that's just weird. Not to mention there are 100's of satellites that circle earth every day as well.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Awesome...yes it is an Aurora Borealis but I've never seen them in a spiral like that.

Well then we know natural phenomena can create perfect spirals now.
I wonder how common it is to see an Aurora Borealis in a spiral shape...I've never seen that before either...

I'm not a man who believes in coincidences...and if a spiral shaped Aurora is as uncommon as I suspect it is, I'm just betting the "failed missile test" had something to do with this...

Do you really think it's a coincidence that two hectic crazy looking spirals have appeared in the same place in such a small period of time? I don't believe so.

The sky will show signs before the coming
- Nostradamus

[edit on 21/2/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

If you read my post on page 3 i posted several different pictures from the last 10 years of aurora that were in a spiral shape. They may not be as well defined as the one that was originally posted but i suspect that is because of camera technology getting better and not anything weird with the aurora.

A simple google search of the worlds "swirling aurora" will return a ton of image results and also an explanation as to why the aurora does make that spiral shape.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Actually this has already been debunked. The spiral is the remnants of a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of pics of the A.B. and have never seen a spiral formation. The fact it is two months since the event in December is very strange.

Regarding the December event, I'm a big fan of the idea that is was both a missile and HAARP (or ESCIAT). Either testing this upper atmosphere manipulation with Russian cooperation or with out their knowing. There is the theory that Russia did indeed test a missile, but it was intercepted by this upper atmosphere technology.

If this technology does exist, it makes perfect sense that they would be able to use some form of it to manipulate the Aurora. I would imagine this technology would have several different applications. Many different combinations of frequencies, concentration and location could be what this technology is all about. It would be really interesting (or scary) to know what all the applications are!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I looked at the picture and my first though was... This looks Photoshopped.

Seriously, it looks to me as if a picture of the aurora was "enhanced" to look like a spiral. Any others see that?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It is more than strange, and everyone so quick to dismiss what we are looking at really lack any understanding of how much bigger the world is, and how tiny their knowledge of the world is.

While the first Norway spiral, with its corkscrew shape, looks like an ICBM, it certainly was no ordinary missile failure.

This does not look like any ordinary, normal display of the aurora borealis.

Could we be seeing some new technological development?

Is that the the ISS high above this photo? If it is, what an amazing coincidence that it would be in the picture with this very unusual presentation of the aurora borealis, if in fact that is what we are seeing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join