It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Is this what Europe wants?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What exactly are you saying the government of the US screwed up?

The war on terror? The connection between Saddam/Iraq and Al Qaeda has come up and people are slowly seeing it.

Anyway, last time I checked things, at least in France and maybe Germany, aren't going better than the US. Recently I posted a link on the crimes that are happening in France and the French police keep releasing repeated offenders even when they have robbed, and killed in the past. Another member also posted links on the corruption in France and Germany.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Didn't say that French or Germans are better when it comes to morals/corruption etc than Americans, just said that we don't have any real reason to go demonstrating against our governments.

The other point is something we two will never have the same opinion. Mine is that your current government did the worst it could do to the whole world(I consider nuking everything - unrealistic).
You think they did pretty right.

So let us leave it like that, else we turn this topic into another "who is better thread", hehe.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
We nuked everything? i don't think so.

This war has a body count at an estimate between 5,000 and 10,000. When Clinton was in office and he agreed with the UN resolutions in Iraq instead of going there, like we did this time around, 500,000 children under the age of 5 died.....

I wish that death could be avoided, but it is what happens. We were attacked, downplaying 9/11 like Clinton would have done and puting another UN sanction would have killed 500,000 or more children once more. Which is more humanitarian?

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
We nuked everything? i don't think so.

Sorry, it wasn't totally clear what I was trying to say.

I think that your government did nearly the most worse it could do - of course the worst would have been to nuke a country but I consider "nuking" an unrealistic scenario.

So being more scientific
- in it's given political, militarical and economic "borders" the US government did nearly the most worse it could do, to it's own reputation and to others countries.

Anyway, as you stated, the war was pretty useful(no joke now) but who could have known that Iraqis aren't capable of living in freedom

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo

I think that your government did nearly the most worse it could do - of course the worst would have been to nuke a country but I consider "nuking" an unrealistic scenario.

So, then you think we should have let the UN put another sanction in Iraq, or done nothing at all? Sorry, but that's not an option. The link between Saddam/Iraq, terrorism, and even Russia has been presented and can be found throughout the forums. If you are interested do a search on the forums.

Here is one of my links to this information.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
He supported terrorism - true. But not 9/11 and didn't have any ties with Al-Quaida and now don't tell me any links about that topic that lead me to wanna-be pro's on the topic "Iraq & Al-Quaida".
Two different groups, two different aims.
And Saddam could have been shot earlier but the CIA didn't for some reason but don't ask me why.

The military operation to free Iraq was completly useless and just for economical reasons. If it was just meant to remove Saddam Hussein - they could have it easier.

But that's something we can never agree on. You take your whole knowledge out of newspapers while I have first hand experience with those people. If it is just for the newspapers - yes, sure, the war in Iraq made very much sense. I can agree with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join