It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Ambassador to the US Booed off Stage at USI

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by john124

They behaved rudely? This was one of the least provocative protests I have seen. They said their peace and went peacefully when the cops showed them the door. One by one or en masse. THAT'S how you protest.

Possibly outside, but indoors you should expect to be thrown out for interrupting speeches. Why not put up banners and make noise before and then leave before he speaks, and then protest outside? Anger & hatred only breeds more anger & hatred, and these protesters were angry because of Israel's actions, and so the staff at the university were angry and then behaved inappropriately towards the protestors whilst they were being kicked out. Where does this all end??? If we all behaved like this, we'd end up killing each other in one day!

Although if they don't mind being kicked out, then I do agree it's their own choice, even if I disagree with the way they went about it.

And I doubt they'll fail their exams because of this.... unless they're locked up indefinitely as terrorists, and thus are unable to revise for their exams. Hmmm...

[edit on 20-2-2010 by john124]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Freedom of speech is a thing of the past, the rights that were once protected by the Constitution are no more. However, with that being said, what the students did was inappropriate, if you want true change, defamation of character isn't the way to do it, disrupting a speech isn't the way to do it. In this video, I saw what appeared to be several students of middle eastern descent, screaming out against American political figures. What do you think that this is going to do? Do you think by screaming, that you're going to change the average Americans mind that the majority of middle eastern people are terrorists?!?! Absolutely not, you add fuel to the fire. Resolution can be made through means of non-violence, and peaceful protesting. This was shown to be true, through the efforts of Martin Luther King Jr, and millions of others, and now today we are celebrating black history month. Wrongs can not be hidden forever, and the right thing, does truly happen, but the individuals demanding change, must be ready to take it upon themselves to be role models, and not be instigators of violence. What does violence prove, that you meet aggression with aggression, and that's it. But when you meet aggression, with the truth and ultimately what is right, people from both sides of the argument will realize the wrongs that have been committed, and change will truly begin.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Berserker01

So you are saying that the 1st Amendment only applies when it suits ones wishes then. Gotcha.

Say whatever it is you want to say Mr. Moderator. I refuse to get into a debate with you. I have heard that you are somewhat eager to ban those who disagree with you.

Gotcha pt. 2. You can't support your point of view without throwing out the Constitution. As to the second part, you heard wrong. People aren't banned for disagreeing. There are many staff here that do not share my views on this matter. Come back and try again.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Anger & hatred breeds anger & hatred, and these protesters were angry because of Israel's actions, and so the staff at the university were angry and then behaved inappropriately towards the protestors whilst they were being kicked out.

Exactly. Note that the protesters were angry because of Israels actions, your words. So where did it start then?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yes sir Mr. Moderator I completely agree with you.

Now I expect this to be the end of our little back and forth. I wouldn't want you to get to upset with me, I enjoy reading some of the threads here.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Berserker01

Let the door slam you on your way out!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c30c9c692d3.png[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Exactly. Note that the protesters were angry because of Israels actions, your words. So where did it start then?

A long long time ago before any of us were born.

Anyway good for them for using their right to speak, even if I disagree with their method, it's their right as long as they don't mind the consequences of getting thrown out of private property.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by john124]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nickendres

Didn't want to quote your entire post .

The over lying message you said was ... Why do this ? What did it accomplish?

This thread is why, probably threads elsewhere , on the Campus.

It Got People Talking.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

blah, blah, trash, support subjugation, support genocide, support Israel and die, blah...

Well, I will see you guys next week. I have gotten my fill of ATS hypocricy.

No, I meant what I said!

third time lucky:

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Jinni]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

You sir are the perfect spokesman for your side of the arguement.

You make a mistake and pretend it was on purpose and then make a bigger idiot out of yourself.

From the clip of and the majority of the post in this thread, it would seem that common decency isn't what you guys will be known for.

Have fun with the rest of the thread, I don't want to end up being banned for not agreeing with the consensus.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Was it only Muslim students complaining or was it white folks too? If the case was that Muslims were complaining then their adgenda is to disrupt freedom of speech and their inbuilt religious texts that have a genuine hate for Jews because Muhammad says so.

This is about religion also, they say Temple Mount is the third holiest place for Muslims, yet no where in the Koran is Palestine, Jerusalem or Temple Mount mentioned, just a place in a form of a dream which is described dubiously.

So the Satanically inspired nature of this is to wipeout the Jews, if they don't stick up for their history and their race then you are all guilty of their genocide aswell.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Guys, stop with the personal posts. The staff is looking into this now. I can do nothing as I'm involved in this thread. Actions will probably be coming though went the staff reviews this. Stay above the crap guys.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Was it only Muslim students complaining or was it white folks too? If the case was that Muslims were complaining then their adgenda is to disrupt freedom of speech and their inbuilt religious texts that have a genuin hate for Jews because Muhammad says so.
This is about religion also, they say Temple Mount is the third holiest place for Muslims, yet no where in the Koran is Palestine or Temple Mount mentioned, just a place in a form of a dream which is described dubiously.

So the Satanically inspired nature of this is to wipeout the Jews, if they don't stick up for their history and their race then you are all guilty of their genocide aswell.

NO JEWS WERE HARMED IN THE FILMING OF THIS MOVIE

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

So you are saying that the 1st Amendment only applies when it suits ones wishes then. Gotcha.

Say whatever it is you want to say Mr. Moderator. I refuse to get into a debate with you. I have heard that you are somewhat eager to ban those who disagree with you.

From the looks of it, you just chime in to run to Jew defense ignorantly. And get warnings.

Let's break this down.

Hey students everyone is welcomed to attend this propoganda campaign! Cool let's go see what the propoganda is about, so people attend. As people see it's just going to be propoganda they disagree with they stand up, yell and leave.

WHAT SEEMS SO ILLEGAL AND SO OUT OF THE ORDINARY. People do this at movies all the time.

When you take away the ethnic/racial wording and break it down as Humans vs Humans. There's nothing wrong with what happened at all.

But suddenly a 'Jew' (YHWH I love that word) sees it's a Muslim and the Jew gets defensive.

Then a Muslim sees a Jew and gets defensive. And suddenly it's not someone lawfully exercising a 1st Amendment right. Then suddenly it's ethnic and racial discrimination.

Jews argument is that it was uncalled for, very rude! Yawn grow up.

Muslims argument is that. Israel commits genocide (and it does), that the Ambassador is a puppet (and he is). That their constitutional rights were violated (and they were). And they they were unlawfully arrested (and they were). And lastly that they were illegally threatened by a professor (and they were).

So who is discriminating against who here?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Was it only Muslim students complaining or was it white folks too?

EXCUSE ME.

MUSLIMS ARE CHINESE, INDIAN, AMERICAN, AFRICAN, BOSNIAN.

IT HAS NO BOUNDARIES TO RACE.

WHITE FOLKS IN BOSNIA ARE BY BIRTH MUSLIM AND THEY HAVE Blonde hair and blue eyes.

You have a very stereotypical view.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b561637822e8.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8c66429fbf1.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b76d86e45c76.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb9b96b241cf.jpg[/atsimg]

www.flickr.com...
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Was it only Muslim students complaining or was it white folks too? If the case was that Muslims were complaining then their adgenda is to disrupt freedom of speech and their inbuilt religious texts that have a genuine hate for Jews because Muhammad says so.

This is about religion also, they say Temple Mount is the third holiest place for Muslims, yet no where in the Koran is Palestine, Jerusalem or Temple Mount mentioned, just a place in a form of a dream which is described dubiously.

Did this guy just call Islam satanic?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni

EXCUSE ME.

MUSLIMS ARE CHINESE, INDIAN, AMERICAN, AFRICAN, BOSNIAN.

IT HAS NO BOUNDARIES TO RACE.

WHITE FOLKS IN BOSNIA ARE BY BIRTH MUSLIM AND THEY HAVE Blonde hair and blue eyes.

You have a very stereotypical view.

So were those complaining in the Video Muslim only? Where did I say anything about what race Muslims were where are those white Muslims complaining in the video? Or where in the video do we see white Americans getting up to complain?

I think the wires got crossed.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I'm quoting your post!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c30c9c692d3.png[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join