It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth, the moon, and something VERY odd...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
its as if light was directed directly towards the center

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Yes, they aren't ALL recent photos! -This would be exactly my point. Only certain patches are. Why are only the CERTAIN patches recent photos? Why can't the whole darn thing be recent? Is there a 'recent photo' shortage in the archives? They really did a very shoddy job if you ask me. Patches leave a lot of places where detail, revealing oddities such as alien structures on the surface of either the Moon or Mars, would be needed to find anything questionable.

Another thing is this: The moon is much, much bigger than Google Earth seems to make it. The 3D object might be correct mathematically, if you're basing everything upon it's digital measurements and its proportionality. But the detail of the images make it a MUCH smaller place. The moon is big. Even if there were towers a mile tall protruding from its surface, which is quite tall, there would be no way to either locate nor view it because the detail is poor. The only other possibility would be to see if google earth made the structure part of the 3D object... which I highly doubt.

I'm sorry. I'm not convinced by Google Earth's display. It has NOT proven that there ARE alien structures. Nor has it proven that there AREN'T alien structures. As a resource for study, Google Earth is somewhat unreliable for people who need reassurance that these structures don't exist.

-Thanks.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RationalThinker
Is there a 'recent photo' shortage in the archives?
Yes, there's a shortage, if you want a full photo coverage of the Moon's surface. As far as I know Clementine was the last mission that made a full coverage.

Patches leave a lot of places where detail, revealing oddities such as alien structures on the surface of either the Moon or Mars, would be needed to find anything questionable.
In some places you have enough detail, but, as I said before, Google Earth is not the best, if you want full resolution, uncompressed images.

Another thing, Google Earth has an option to lower the quality of the images to download them faster, see if you don't have that option selected.

Another thing is this: The moon is much, much bigger than Google Earth seems to make it.
I think that is just an illusion, it doesn't look small to me.

The moon is big. Even if there were towers a mile tall protruding from its surface, which is quite tall, there would be no way to either locate nor view it because the detail is poor.
A mile tall tower would be visible at that resolution if:
1. it was wide enough (just being tall doesn't mean it would be visible)
2. it exists

I'm sorry. I'm not convinced by Google Earth's display. It has NOT proven that there ARE alien structures. Nor has it proven that there AREN'T alien structures. As a resource for study, Google Earth is somewhat unreliable for people who need reassurance that these structures don't exist.
I don't think Google intended Google Earth to be used to find alien structures on the Moon or Mars, but you can always look at the same source Google uses, because unlike Earth images (that are from commercial satellite services), the images used for Google Moon and Google Mars are public domain images.

Here you have some sources.

Moon
Clementine
Lunar Orbiter II, III and IV
More Lunar Orbiter II, III and IV
Apollo 15, 16 and 17 metric photos(more photos should be added, they started with the metric photos)
Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera
Kaguya/SELENE(a little confusing and you need to register to download images)

Mars
Mars Global Data Access (includes Viking, Mars Global Surveyor MOC, THEMIS, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter CTX and HiRISE and Mars Express HRSC photos)
Mars Exploration Rovers and Phoenix (and some Apollo)(not as up to date as the one below, but with better images)
Mars Exploration Rovers

There are more, but these are the ones I use the most.

PS: for many of those sites you will need a program to view the IMG files, you can use NASAView (free, but you need to register) or an old version of The Gimp (sorry for the Windows version page, but that's the one I use) with this plugin.

PPS: Google Earth is good to find the general area you want to see in detail and get that area's coordinates.

<< 1  2   >>

join