It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth, the moon, and something VERY odd...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I really didn't want to put this in the UFO/alien forum, but I didn't know where else to put it. I'm not making any claims as to what I think it is or could be. I'm simply going to point out some extremely odd issues about the photos I saved from Google Earth today. I tried to enhance them via a photo program, but none of the filters worked the way I wanted them too, so I basically left them as is. Feel free to find this image on Google Earth yourself if your photo enhancing abilities are better than mine.

Two points I want to make before you look at these photos....

1. Look closely, and you will see a very clear circular line around the fuzzy center that extends out a bit further than what you think.

2. Don't be so quick to pass it off as a satellite imagery anomaly. THIS REASON ALONE is what made me post this here. Look carefully at the directions of all the shadows around this fuzzy center. It is very clear that there is a light source emanating from the direct center of this circle. Not only is it a light source, but a MASSIVE light source.

Take a look.....there are three photos, each one pulling out a little further. In this first one, you can clearly see the circle and a line. I have my speculations, but I'll let you form your own opinions first.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4cb805e083fb.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9fb5e1b144e4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69c1b0ed9689.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well arrrrrgh....apparently, the photos are too large. Let me see if I can edit them and reload them. My apologies.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't know how to describe it properly but that's just the point where all the "images" merge, you can see the same thing in the poles of the Earth. It's just the way they paste together all the images into the 3d model.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wow,
Gee I wonder if they're trying to hide something in that giant crater? What possible explanation could they have? Although the skeptics list of possibilities is like a lidless river with ten thousand ways to enter.
Can't wait to hear them.
I do love these moon blunders though. Good catch

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Stop wasting your time its just a Pole merge graphic anomaly and nothing strange about it.

check out the Poles on the earth, mars etc.

[edit on 19/2/10 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8272cd80e5d5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/678a6646aa13.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b81102ac468f.jpg[/atsimg]

OK, again, sorry for the sizing issues.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Shadows...

Shadows...

SHADOWS! LOOK AT THE SHADOW DIRECTIONS...they all go in a circle!!

These are not created by satellite imaging!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

G'day emeraldzeus

Sorry.....

All I see is an image anomaly / error.

Perhaps one of the ATS moon image "heavyweights" can offer a better, alternative view of that area.

Perhaps if you U2U'd Armap he could help with that.

BTW.....I understand your point regarding the shadows....I can see what you mean.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by emeraldzeus
Shadows...

Shadows...

SHADOWS! LOOK AT THE SHADOW DIRECTIONS...they all go in a circle!!

These are not created by satellite imaging!

Yes look at the shadows, if there was an object or a light source there then the shadows would be on the other side of the craters. The shadows aren't all directed to the same angle because capturing imagery from a celestial body that size with high detail isn't just like taking a super high resolution picture, they need to do it progressively so obviously the sun isn't going to lit the craters in the same direction always.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Slih_09]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm willing to accept a GOOD explanation of the shadow issue from someone who might know. It should be noted that this spot is on the north pole of the moon. And yes, I've seen this circular type thing on the Google image of Earth, but I've not seen the shadow issues. Where is the light source coming from?? Not the sun, that I can tell!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I'm willing to accept a GOOD explanation of the shadow issue from someone who might know. It should be noted that this spot is on the north pole of the moon. And yes, I've seen this circular type thing on the Google image of Earth, but I've not seen the shadow issues. Where is the light source coming from?? Not the sun, that I can tell!

G'day emeraldzeus

I think Slih_09 may have explained it in is post (above).

That's where I was starting to head in my thinking.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Google Earth uses different images taken at different times. That is why the shadows are in different directions. Being the north pole of the Moon, at any given time, half of it is in shadow.

[edit on 2/19/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
These pictures are not single pictures. They are a composite of several pictures put together, when they are put together they look odd. They are not trying to hide anything. Try taking pictures of a globe from 6 feet away then take your 2d pictures and try to put them together to make it look 3d. It is harder to do than you think and you will come up with some strange looking spots.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

So you're basically saying that some magical object is projecting magical light on the wrong side of the craters? Have you seen the direction of the light in those craters? It is the exact opposite than what you're telling.

If there was an object in that exact location the shadows would be on the inside of the craters is it that hard to understand?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Slih_09

Yes, but the shadows are extending far below where the sun would shine...it doesn't make sense, if you think about how the moon rotates in regards to the sun. Think about it everyone, before you comment, and then look at the pictures again. The sun cannot shine to the other side of the moon, even IF it were possible that the satellite were passing over the north pole progressively as the moon orbited in relation to the sun. It would not cause shadows on the dark sides. The light is emanating from the top and projecting down the sides of the moon.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Do you really think that they just took one picture? It's several pictures taken at different times merged together, of course the light is gonna be different then. I swear people on this forum don't think at all anymore.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slih_09

So you're basically saying that some magical object is projecting magical light on the wrong side of the craters? Have you seen the direction of the light in those craters? It is the exact opposite than what you're telling.

If there was an object in that exact location the shadows would be on the inside of the craters is it that hard to understand?

That's assuming that they are all craters....I don't think they all are, and you can tell which ones are craters and which ones are projections above the ground by where the shadows are located.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

No it isn't. The light is originating from "outside" the radius of the Moon. The Shadows are being cast on the insides of the craters by the crater walls. For example, in the image I linked the sunlight is coming from the bottom of the frame.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Slih_09

Yes, but the shadows are extending far below where the sun would shine...it doesn't make sense, if you think about how the moon rotates in regards to the sun. Think about it everyone, before you comment, and then look at the pictures again. The sun cannot shine to the other side of the moon, even IF it were possible that the satellite were passing over the north pole progressively as the moon orbited in relation to the sun. It would not cause shadows on the dark sides. The light is emanating from the top and projecting down the sides of the moon.

No you think about it if there was a light source on top of the pole the shadows would be in the exact opposite side of the craters. It seems like your basic knowledge of light and shadow got mixed up.

Everyone explained already that this is just the product of the way the images are taken and pasted why don't you want to understand it?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Think about it for a little.

You want to take photos of the whole Moon, but there is always half hidden in shadows, so what should you do?

You would take a month to take all the photos, timing the flying of the photographing satellite in a way that would make it be always over the brightest area of the Moon, so when someone would look at the photos, in all photos it would have been noon (for example), and you would get a nice coverage of the whole Moon under strong noon light.

Or you would use a different time and you would get a whole coverage with the Sun lower over the Moon's horizon, it would be less bright but the shadows would give a better idea of the heights and depths.

Trust the word of the people that have been looking at Moon photos for several years (I have been doing it for just five years), you need to get acquainted with the methods used before trying to interpret what you see.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join