It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2/19/10 Chemtrails over Portland, OR

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am in Portland Oregon and there is heavy chemtrail spraying going on all morning. The past few days have been beautiful clear days and now today due to the trails the whole sky has become a white haze.

If you live in the portland area and are witnessing these trails please call the local environmental health agency at 503-229-5696 and file a formal complaint. I did this already but hopefully if enough call today they will actually start asking questions to the higher ups.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by ascisco]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
As a native of Portland I can tell you that this is nothing new. Portland is a HEAVILY chemtrailed area.

Great pictures though!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I read somewhere that they had to truck in snow for the Winter Olympics because of little natural snowfall. If this is true, then maybe they are preparing to make it snow heavy with HAARP form of weather control. Maybe that is why there were so many winter storms and blizzard like conditions in the past few weeks. If they are not accurate with their weather changes, but rather have to figure out how to pull it off, they may be about to try another way to get it to snow with HAARP and chem trails which if a powdered metal could cause moisture to condensate on the particles and using HAARP to bulge the ionosphere outward changing the cold arctic jet stream further south and boom, a super snow storm just in time for the olympics. I live in Florida and we have hardly heard a peep from a hurricane after Katrina. Weather situations are very strange because if you are to believe the global warming folks we should have many more and more severe tropical cyclones and less cold air. We had snow in Southern Georgia along with cold record setting temperatures in Florida this Winter. Who knows, but just a thought. Let the flaming begin...

[edit on 19/2/10 by spirit_horse]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'll keep this short, because I try not to argue ignorance. But first off, I live in Portland Oregon, and we have had a few beautiful and amazing days of sun! Second, I work on airplanes, Turbine and Reciprocating Engines; and there is absolutely no where in the engine or on the aircraft to place chemicals to spray into the atmosphere. The worst that the aircraft might have are fuel dumps, which will dump hundreds of pounds of JET fuel into the air, to lighten the aircrafts weight for landing. Third, and finally, maybe your just confusing chem trails with contrails, since I know for a fact you haven't seen the Sun or the blue sky in the past 6 months if you have been stuck in Portland like I have. The big blue sky and the big bright yellow ball are a nice change though form our usual cloud cover. :-)

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HBCOG
I'll keep this short, because I try not to argue ignorance. But first off, I live in Portland Oregon, and we have had a few beautiful and amazing days of sun! Second, I work on airplanes, Turbine and Reciprocating Engines; and there is absolutely no where in the engine or on the aircraft to place chemicals to spray into the atmosphere. The worst that the aircraft might have are fuel dumps, which will dump hundreds of pounds of JET fuel into the air, to lighten the aircrafts weight for landing. Third, and finally, maybe your just confusing chem trails with contrails, since I know for a fact you haven't seen the Sun or the blue sky in the past 6 months if you have been stuck in Portland like I have. The big blue sky and the big bright yellow ball are a nice change though form our usual cloud cover. :-)

1)No one is claiming these to be standard planes.
2)Dumping jet fuel into my air is not something i consider acceptable.
3)Look up. It's right there for you to see. There are obvious differences between chem trails and contrails.
4)I have seen the sun in the last 6 months, and I live in portland.
5)Look at the pics. Those are not condensation.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ascisco

G'day ascisco

You really shouldn't worry about chemtrails.

There is no such thing as a chemtrail.

I once worried there might be such a thing, but I read extensively & came to understand all "chemtrails" are really nothing more than contrails, which are often precursors to cloud cover.

I recommend you read OzWeatherman's excellent material here on ATS.

It will give you a strong understanding of this topic.

Here are some OzWeatherman threads pertaining to this issue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

FYI, there is such a thing as chemtrails. The state of Oklahoma even has a Weather Modification Program that involves blanketing the sky with a grid of iodine released by flares. It is claimed to have an effect against drought.

This argument that regular plane contrails would hang in the sky long enough to form a grid pattern, that regular planes would fly in a grid pattern for no reason, or that there is no way to release particles into the air in such a fashion is based on ignorance.

North American Weather Consultants, Inc. even has photographs on their website showing their planes outfitted with such flares.

Here is one such photo.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by AmethystSD]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmethystSD
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

FYI, there is such a thing as chemtrails. The state of Oklahoma even has a Weather Modification Program that involves blanketing the sky with a grid of iodine released by flares. It is claimed to have an effect against drought.

This argument that regular plane contrails would hang in the sky long enough to form a grid pattern, that regular planes would fly in a grid pattern for no reason, or that there is no way to release particles into the air in such a fashion is based on ignorance.

G'day AmethystSD

I am not ignorant.....to the contrary, I took the time to educate myself about this issue.

It is a fact that "chemtrails" are contrails.

You will learn this if you read the info that is available.

I've supplied some links for that in my previous post, as a convenient starting point.

I've learned that it's generally not productive to discuss this issue with such strong "chemtrail" advocates.

However I can't help myself from jumping in with a comment & some info, with a view to pointing people in the right direction.

I apologise if my reply sounds rude.....that is not my intention.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD

Weather modification (cloud seeding) does not involve "blanketing the sky with a grid". It involves flying into existing cumulus clouds (rain clouds) and dispersing materials like silver iodide (not iodine), dry ice, or salt. It's purpose is to induce precipitation in these clouds. It is done at much lower altitudes than those at which contrails form.

The seeding materials are applied to the clouds (sometimes targeted very carefully into very specific portions of clouds) so that the material has adequate time to affect the precipitation process, so the effect will be focused over the intended geographic area.

www.nawcinc.com...

Contrails can and do last for hours under the right atmospheric conditions.

The gridlike patterns are a result of normal airline traffic patterns. Have a look here. Zoom in a bit. Grids are normal in the sky just like they are with city streets.
www.aaronkoblin.com...

[edit on 2/19/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I like that there are people on here that have taken the time to research the subject.

That being said, there is ABSOLUTELY NO definitive proof that chemtrails do or do not exist. Claiming to be fact either way is a falsity.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ascisco

Mmm, the western US, like most of the US and many parts of the world, is chuck full of contrail haze:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f59bd05ca201.jpg[/atsimg]

This post is not to refute the existence of 'chemtrails' but simply to point out that unless one has in their possession chemical analysis of what they are observing it is rather presumptuous to offer it as evidence of 'chemtrail' activity.

PS. To the poster who mentioned weather modification evidence, as I understand it, 'chemtrail' spraying as generally suggested by conspiracy theorists (for nafarious purposes) is not the same as weather modification projects which for the most part are not secret, leading to causal and associative fallacies.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

G'day Phage

That post was more informative than my own.....thanks

BTW.....

If each hour takes approx 2 sec's on that video.....

That's what it would look like if each plane was flying at approx 1,600,000 kilometers per hour.

That's NY to London in 19 sec's.....

That would be nice.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Of course it cannot be "proven" that "chemtrails" do not exist. To do that one would have to sample every contrail produced in order to determine its makeup. It can't be proven anymore than it cannot be proven that some contrails are not produced by flying horses with digestive problems. At some point rationality has to come into play.

There is much evidence (data and research) that contrails can form, persist, and spread through known meteorological mechanisms. It is a proven phenomenon. There has been and continues to be a great deal of research about it and what effects it may have on climate.

There is no evidence of any ongoing program to intentionally disperse chemicals from aircraft at high altitudes on a worldwide basis.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I completely dsagree with your assertion that there is NO evidence for a chemtrail program. Every taken samples to be tested out of a local birdbath?

I have. Titanium oxide, among other heavy metals, are not something that should be occurring in large amounts.

Not that this is definitive proof of anything, but evidence is there.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

There is no such chemical as titanium oxide. Titanium dioxide (sometimes referred to as titanium oxide) is the naturally occurring form of titanium from which titanium metal is refined. It is found in many different products; cosmetics, sunscreen, toothpaste.

I would be interested in seeing the lab analysis from your birdbath but it would be pretty difficult to connect anything found in it to something that occurs 6 miles overhead. To be considered evidence there would have to be a solid connection.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ascisco

Dude, Where I live, the skies used to be every bit as blue as what you have and the chemtrails just as heavy as your photos for years now and no one seems to give a rat's behind. I cannot imagine what could happen to change this. Maybe we should write and ask Jesse Ventura's show to take it on. Right now the majority of people don't "see" what we do.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I love the weather right now! I missed the blue sky and the Sun.

Anyways, those could just be contrails.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
I once worried there might be such a thing, but I read extensively & came to understand all "chemtrails" are really nothing more than contrails, which are often precursors to cloud cover.

You are living in Oz as you declare on your avatar.
So, don't tell us to "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain", 'cause we know he's there.
Chemtrails are NOT contrails.
Don't try to kid the kidders.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

There is no such chemical as titanium oxide. Titanium dioxide (sometimes referred to as titanium oxide) is the naturally occurring form of titanium from which titanium metal is refined. It is found in many different products; cosmetics, sunscreen, toothpaste.

I would be interested in seeing the lab analysis from your birdbath but it would be pretty difficult to connect anything found in it to something that occurs 6 miles overhead. To be considered evidence there would have to be a solid connection.

Excuse me, the thing 'referred to' as titanium oxide

I make no claim to be a chemist. What I do know is that the lab that analyzed my samples was shocked at the high level of that, and other heavy metals in the sample.

As I said, this is by no means definitive evidence. But it IS something. And it goes against the idea that there is NOTHING to back up claims.

When i get home from work I will do my best to dig up the analysis (assuming it's still around). All it shows is high levels of heavy metals. There is no conclusion.

Edit to add: after re-reading my previous post, I never said it was a chemical. For the record.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by captaintyinknots]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pumpkinorange

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

You are living in Oz as you declare on your avatar.
So, don't tell us to "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain", 'cause we know he's there.
Chemtrails are NOT contrails.
Don't try to kid the kidders.

G'day pumpkinorange

Sorry.....I'm not quite understanding your reply.

If you can clarify that for me, I will be happy to reply

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<<   2 >>

join