It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Obama Declares Martial Law, Will The Military Follow Him?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

From talking to my friends that are still active to various "Oath Keepers" , It's pretty safe to say we're all on the same team. As for "reaffirmation" "in light of recent events" I don't know of any events that have occurred recently that would have changed my view. Our military members sacrifice A LOT. Isn't that affirmation enough? We've all taken an oath to defend a certain document. I guess I can see how paranoia can get the best of you without having 1st hand knowledge of how it all works. Just remember our men and women in uniform are someone's Aunt , brother , mother , father , etc...

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

the problem with that is the country would have already been at war with it self for some time, the population would be decemated, people may or may not care at that point in time... Most of our population live in cities, some would be lost once the grocery store runs out of money... If I was an elitist, thats what I would do.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
nvm

[edit on 19-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This discussion concern has been around for a while among veterans and among those that are still serving the nation. While there are those that will no doubt comply with any insane orders, there are those that will not. I will now expand my thoughts on the subject and I hope it serves as one veterans opinion of a given scenario for discussing martial law and whether or not orders are going to be carried out on such a fateful day. I have had many personal discussions over many a beer regarding this scenario and I feel qualified to share some thoughts.

I started my enlisted military career in 1969 in Viet Nam and ended my military career after the first Gulf War in 1993 as a Ranger, Commissioned Infantry Officer and (3) successive Commands. I have been in combat and as they say in certain parts of Arkansas, I have been to the Rodeo more than once and I fully understand what "Killing the Hog" requires in it's most colorful detail.

I believe that if any orders coming out of Washington clearly show an unconstitutional intent to go after American freedoms in a manner consistent with dictatorship and or mass wanton killing of so called American resistors, that there will be those that will kill the order givers from the moment they become aware of the governments murderous intent. To really understand this position would require you to place yourself in the shoes of the military.

While an internal type civil war battle for compliance to presidential orders will no doubt slowly be settled once it begins, it can be said with great confidence, that on the day any despotic and criminal president decides to go for martial law, that if the circumstances for martial law are contrived or blatantly false flag, that the actions of those in the military and those in the public will act independently, collectively and lethally once and for all to stop the furtherance of our nation into some despotic Hugo Chavez style, third world dictatorship filled with a genocidal or Messianic leader.

At that very point, most military soldiers are going to realize it's not about the salary or rank, it's about a future survival for them and their families in a society gone mad, where the powerful and rich kill those deemed unworthy to live because of political reasons. Serving others for fear of death, is no way for a soldier to live or die and this salient point will be crystal clear to many military combat types. It is the defining moment of any combat soldier's skill set to really know whether to kill or be killed. You either do it or you don't. It gets personal but this type of conflict gets even more complex as you layer the possibilities.

The first days of any martial law effort will be most revealing because it will be when I believe most of the internal killing and dying will occur from both those giving such orders and from those taking such orders. How much infrastructure critical to our nations security will be affected during such an internal conflict is unknown, but any critical damage to our nation could introduce starvation and public anarchy of the masses along with many unknown social possibilities.

As such, I for one truly hope that no president is so despotic, egotistic or so arrogant to think that he could draw massive unconstitutional "First Blood" on Americans without a massive insane like response from those so instructed to kill their fellow Americans or fellow military members "just because."

When the military and the American public realizes that the beer party is really over, it wont be a peaceful motivation by any stretch of the imagination to withstand. It will be the tip of the proverbial iceberg and it will be the beginning of much blood shed that will only end when one side or the other capitulates their position or until one side kills the other. Whomever surrenders will die. Then, I thought of a third possibility that could befall us while we are distracted killing each other.

It is at this dramatic juncture that when we are busy killing each other to gain a hand, that the rest of the world could be deciding to go for the gold and destroy American cities and infrastructure with select technological weapons in one big sweep from East to West and North to South. This is where the idea of a civil war with the threat of a massive nuclear attack is cause enough to hope this scenario never occurs.

Lastly, I would add that if someone is telling you to kill someone you don't want to kill, there is a critical judgment point where one side or the other is going to have to defend their position to do or not do something with their lives. When that day happens, I know there are those in the military that will understand the meaning of self sacrifice because I know without a doubt that there are those in the military that took an oath of allegiance to this once great nation and will fight to the death if needed to defend that pledge for the sake of the nation and for what remains of their families if they do nothing.

The military is going to understand full well that doing nothing when such an order comes is going to get their families killed if indeed they don't do something, anything that might give their fellow soldiers and family members a chance to survive. That concern for family and fellow soldiers will serve the nation in ways that will echo in history forever. We just have to hope we don't get sold out to China Russia or some World Tag Team from the git go by politicians and military officers that have no regard for humanity or for freedom and a way of life protected by a U.S. Constitution filled with the elements of freedom and justice for all. Of course the corruption is going to have to go "Ricky Tick."

This is one mans opinion and I hope I have provided some food for thought. Munch on that. I'm going back to working on my bunkers and shopping for fat squirrels at Wild-Mart. I saw some fat older keepers this morning and as they say, "Seek and ye shall find", it's dinner time. Thanks for your posting.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
These are soldiers sworn to their countries etc. But theres one simple thing that they have forgotten. These soldiers will have or at least most of them will have friends and family at home. Would you, if you were in there position follow this through? They will probably use regiments from different areas and hope that this will smoke screen whats going on. Their regiment wont be sent to their home area because no one will obey orders to do this to their friends and family. This gets me to what i really believe, the real reasons behind robotic soldiers.
The governments are desperate to get the ultimate weapons to have the advantage in wars. The taliban for instance is probably the most devastating weapon and also the most dangerous. These people are not afraid to die. No other Army in the world can compete, well unless theres any that aint afraid to be a suicide bomber. No one with half a brain would do this. Thats where no one can compete. Unles, you have a bad ass robotic soldier. No emotions, no fear, no ties, no complications. We could even see them introduced into society. Emergency services, workers, at home. Then we reach a fork in the road. Are we actually valuable? are we or are we going to become a complication to the world elite?
Who knows?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

A star and I hope you get an applause.
Well said, very well said.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join