It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Obama Declares Martial Law, Will The Military Follow Him?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Heaven forbid if this ever happens!
But do you think the military would follow his orders?
Those who have taken Oath of Enlistment have talked amongst themselves what they would if this ever transpired. Many say they would not.
Do you think 50% would and the other half resign?
Or more?
Please Star and Flag if you find my thread thought provoking.
Thank you,
Violater1 out.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
No matter what rank you are in the military an order is an order to be taken seriously and not lightly.

For those who choose to opt out COULD go to Guard House to be punished if not worse be locked in a prison cell for 28 days without being payed.

It might work differently over in the United States of America but that's how it works in the UK.

I'd imagine that if the personnel from the military refused there order's for Martial Law they COULD also have there families targeted as failure to comply.

But in all fairness I left the Army many years ago because of one of those reason's. I will not be taken down lightly and will fight for our freedom.

Stand up to the bullies of government agencies and stand-out. Show no fear and respect eachother. Take back whats ours!

[edit on 19-2-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I think some will, I think some wont... It depends on the Circumstances, more then anything else...

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
As has been discussed here before, I think about 10% would blindly follow those orders. The other 90% would simply say kiss my a@@. What would the government do? Nothing, there is NOTHING to do when a vast majority says no. Who is in control of the munitions, tanks, and other tools of the fight? The troops. So if they say no, its simply calling a bluff...unless the government then asked other countries to come raid our boarders and start a WAR.

This is why the traditional definiton of Martial Law will never happen. And for the 10% who decide to follow ANY orders and try to confine someones family, friends, etc...will simply pay with their life. After that who's going to take us on. The suits in DC...lol...so I for one will not worry about ML...just isn't worth the stress!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think we've all gone over this many times , use the search function and read the replies on the other dozen threads dating back to when bush was in office.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think most will simply follow orders, even if they disagree with them. Just look at what's happening in Iraq. Look what happened in Vietnam. Don't understimate their willingness to follow orders, regardless of what those orders might be.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivorywire
I think most will simply follow orders, even if they disagree with them. Just look at what's happening in Iraq. Look what happened in Vietnam. Don't understimate their willingness to follow orders, regardless of what those orders might be.

On different soil I will agree...here at home...never happen.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClairvoyant
No matter what rank you are in the military an order is an order to be taken seriously and not lightly.

For those who choose to opt out COULD go to Guard House to be punished if not worse be locked in a prison cell for 28 days without being payed.

It might work differently over in the United States of America but that's how it works in the UK.

I'd imagine that if the personnel from the military refused there order's for Martial Law they COULD also have there families targeted as failure to comply.

But in all fairness I left the Army many years ago because of one of those reason's. I will not be taken down lightly and will fight for our freedom.

Stand up to the bullies of government agencies and stand-out. Show no fear and respect eachother. Take back whats ours!

The Nuremberg Defense will not apply here
The London Charter of the International Military Tribunal states that following an unlawful order is not a valid defense…
Many soldiers are educated in this during basic training, and many do not forget it.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yes they would. Human psychology is a funny thing and can be played and manipulated quite well if you know what you are doing. Americans are no different, there would obviously be a small percentage who wouldn't...but the vast majority would follow their orders. Most people won't believe that until/if it happens of course...many folks throughout history probably had that same outlook until reality smacked them in the face.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Civilians don't understand RC , to them there is some sort of mysticism associated with the military. Too much Hollywood in my opinion , we're just regular folks.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by EyesWideShut]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I would say it depends on the reasons for declaring martial law.

If the soldiers think it is being done for the good of the country...I see them following orders.

I'm sure everyone here is thinking of a scenario where Obama declares martial law because of some outrageous situation...like he is going to declare himself dictator and abolish all elections.

That is a unlikely scenario. But a likely scenario is something like the failure of the entire power grid (EMP, solar flare, etc.). In this case...I think a martial law order would be followed by all soldiers. And I actually think it may be needed to restore order in a case like this.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Civilians don't understand RC , to them there is some sort of mysticism associated with the military. Too much Hollywood in my opinion , we're just regular folks.

Agreed....its not their fault. I can see their view at times. Our government tends to suck a lot these days. Yes as soldiers we follow orders, but people need to actually consider what marshal law means...and once they do and once the realize what it would take, they will stop worrying.

As for soldiers, Eyes is dead on....soldiers wake up and go to bed like you. They pay bills, get married, have kids, deal with all the same stuff. They love, cry, laugh, smile, etc....yeah are there some crazy robotic like nuts who wear uniforms? Sure....but I bet the ratio to nut cases in the military is a lot less than the general population...so again, stop worrying!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
I think we've all gone over this many times , use the search function and read the replies on the other dozen threads dating back to when bush was in office.

Perhaps it has, but in light of the recent developments, it is fair that it be re-visited! Yes, even reaffirmed! The public not only deserves this reaffirmation, they need it, When the Fan starts, the citizens need to know where we all stand! And the Blue Hats, where they will fall!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yes OutKast, your right it definitly comes down to why is it being imposed, and that is why i mention the traditional sense of Marshal Law will never happen. If a Jehrico (awesome tv show..lol) incident occurs then I incline to agree it MAY be needed, unless we decide to let the place weed itself out.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

THis is my theory..... Many years ago we had a very large standing Army... It was slowy downgraded to what it is today a fighting force of nearly 2.2 Mil active,reserve, and National gaurd units.... To include airforce and Navy. Currently 2/3 of the active duty and nearly half of the Reserve/ Gaurd units are out of the country.

My thought process is this, in order to destroy America, you cause civil unrest, you spark something that tears this country down, which in effect cripples the American Public, the Military is helpless because they are overseas.... The American Goverment after a few weeks of death and destruction calls for help, And in comes EU, NATO, RUSSIA, CHINA, Soldiers all under the guise of law and order, under command of the UN... Bingo America is pacified and the last Bastion of freedom dies.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

The American Goverment after a few weeks of death and destruction calls for help, And in comes EU, NATO, RUSSIA, CHINA, Soldiers all under the guise of law and order, under command of the UN... Bingo America is pacified and the last Bastion of freedom dies.

And they better bring their own body bags! Because every Blue Hat will be a target. And behind every blade of grass, a patriot gun.
G_D Bless America!
Violater1 out.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Im sorry but if you look throughout history soldiers taking part in the act of martial law have all been "ordinary folks" just like soldiers today. All you have to do is convince those soldiers that what they are doing is for the good and they will follow. The egotistical view that the "average" American soldier is superior and less inclined to follow that path is laughable.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Please point out the marshal law incidents you speak of. Make sure to include the reasons behind the use of soldiers in that country.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Im sorry but if you look throughout history soldiers taking part in the act of martial law have all been "ordinary folks" just like soldiers today. All you have to do is convince those soldiers that what they are doing is for the good and they will follow. The egotistical view that the "average" American soldier is superior and less inclined to follow that path is laughable.

Have you sir, Taken The Oath?
Have you been in The Box?
If not, then where do you find your reason to laugh?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
#Deleted post# (I may have said too much) Peace out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join