It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed probe urged on cancer chemical in Marine water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Fed probe urged on cancer chemical in Marine water

apnews.myway.com

WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP) - A North Carolina congressman said Thursday that he wants an investigation into reports that levels of a cancer-causing chemical in tap water at a Marine Corps base were downplayed and then omitted from official documents.
Democratic Rep. Brad Miller called for the probe by his House science subcommittee Thursday - a day after The Associated Press reported on new documents that indicate massive fuel leaks at Camp Lejeune and high concentrations of benzene found in a water
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is an outrage and a criminal act. It is one thing to discover that there are dangerous chemicals in drinking water. OK, that happens. Tell folks the deal, fix the problem and provide the necessary medical treatment.

If you want to be a low-life, don't tell anyone and fix the problem. At least you are solving the problem. Its not right, but at least you are taking action.

It is quite another to doctor reports, both in lowering the levels of benzene found in the water and then in a later report removing benzene from the report all together.

There 1,000,000 folks affected by this over 30 years.

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It is not without precident. It seems that once you put on a uniform you are not entitled to expect basics.

Marines are some of the best fighting forces I know, and they will most always prevail when they can see the foe. (Understand that this comes from ex-Army.) When they can't see the foe in their water though it is imperative that those who can act!

I too would like to see the inquiry made, and would support all appropriate criminal charges being brought. I am however concerned that there is not much precident for that!

Certainly there are some uniformed Marines involved in the cover-up, along with some civilian politicians and contractors. I would be more than happy to fly the insertion missions to take them all (if guilty) into extreme harms way.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by rotorwing]

join