It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Girl: 22 Broken Ribs. Fractured Skull & Thigh. Bitten on Nose & Both Hands

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

An illegal immigrant who murdered the daughter he had to avoid deportation was jailed for life today.

Olusola Akinrele, 34, was told he must serve at least 16 years in prison for killing six-week-old baby girl Leeya in December 2006.

Leeya died from brain damage 12 days after her apparently lifeless body was found at her home in Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire. She had 22 broken ribs, a fractured skull, a fractured thigh, and had also been bitten on the nose and both hands, the Old Bailey heard.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

These atrocious attacks on the world's most vulnerable must make police and juries literally weep in despair. It must make some people lose their faith

It's difficult not to feel emotional, even enraged

I honestly see no reason to keep the animal 'father' in jail at taxpayer expense for 16 years. He even BIT his own 6 week old baby on the nose and hands !

If I could, I'd inject him with death chemicals this instant. And send him packing, back to his maker

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Sometimes an eye for an eye is totally appropriate.

There is absolutely no reason for this 'thing' to enjoy breathing any longer.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thankfully often in these cases, "prison justice" takes over.

Guards let it leak what an inmate is in for, fathers who will never see their children again take action. Somehow, the guards never seem to catch who does the deed. If they do, it's someone who has nothing else to lose anyway.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Thankfully often in these cases, "prison justice" takes over.

Guards let it leak what an inmate is in for, fathers who will never see their children again take action. Somehow, the guards never seem to catch who does the deed. If they do, it's someone who has nothing else to lose anyway.

Huge waste of money and ILLEGAL! HELLO!

Ever heard of "cruel and unusual punishments???" I guess not because you support it.

Sickening. And super expensive on the tax-payer for no purpose.

Anyone with a heart and brain knows the solution is only a few cents in cost. It's called a bullet.

And that bullet is for sure the most cost effective AND JUST form of punishment for killing a baby in such a way, OBVIOUSLY.

Just shoot the punk in the head and call it a day. Case Closed.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hi,

There have been numerous instances like this reported recently and I have tried projecting myself into the horrendous and uncomprehending life those poor mites must have had - for them starvation, pain, filth and a total lack of support and love...

Whilst I almost agree with the bullet solution also feel that might be too quick and merciful. That said, 16 years - sorry a life sentence must be a life sentence with all it brings.

There was recently a thread on the most attrocious deeds - in by book this is the one.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I would have no problem offing this animal.... totally disgusting, perhaps there will be some prison justice some where down the line.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's pretty sick what people have done to children and it is even sicker what those have said about what has been done and how it affects more.

People need to control their rage and just state the facts without interpretation.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
God was just testing the babies faith.

I'm not sure what a horrible death means... i think it passed the test?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The attacks apparently had been commited over 2-3 weeks before the final attack that killed the baby!

Now he gets his wish of not being deported, at least for another 16 years. I wish there was a system where they could've deport him back to Nigeria and he would serve his sentence there. Their prison system is more appropriate for the crime.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

Hi!

I'm intigued by your post. Not quite sure what you are saying? That we should have no feelings? Wouldn't that make us all open to acting as the person under discussion?

Peace!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Wave

I'm intigued by your post. Not quite sure what you are saying? That we should have no feelings? Wouldn't that make us all open to acting as the person under discussion?

I hate it when a conspiracy site turns into a bandwagon site.

The news is posted, so it should be debunked. If everybody only bandwagons, then the problem is obviously worse then the report, as nobody thought to question it.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Hi!

I agree about the bandwagon part - look at last night and the threads on the pilot.... but I digress.

My daughter works in probation in the UK and these stories are real... unfortunately.

Equally unfortunately is the fact that someone has (yet again) taken the life of an innocent child, beaten it to death and will (if they survive) get only 16 years in jail....

Sorry but still not quite sure where you are coming from on this?

Peace!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf
I would have no problem offing this animal.... totally disgusting, perhaps there will be some prison justice some where down the line.

Where I tend to agree with you on the "offing" part, calling him an animal is an injustice to the animal kingdom..they dont even treat their young as terrible as these types of humans do..these are monsters..

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
God was just testing the babies faith.

I'm not sure what a horrible death means... i think it passed the test?

sorry man... i do not buythat crap....

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Originally posted by lilwolf

Where I tend to agree with you on the "offing" part, calling him an animal is an injustice to the animal kingdom..they dont even treat their young as terrible as these types of humans do..these are monsters..

perhaps you are right there in my comparison.... this "thing" is lower than a maggot....

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This baby could have been saved. The mother should have taken the baby and run to the hospital at the very first instance of abuse. Yet she gets only a five year sentence.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It's happening too often, what is wrong with people? I vote we go with public stoning. It was suggested to me that we sell the stones and give the proceeds to the victims or next of kin. Sounds like a great idea. As some say, I have a problem with the death penalty, my problem is that we don't use it enough...

This is local to me, I commute over the bridge everyday and fish the waters below it as often as I can so it hit home.

Man tells police he tossed baby off bridge
Thursday, February 18, 2010
By Sharon Adarlo and Tom Haydon
The Star-Ledger

He was an aspiring lawyer, a college senior who won a prestigious internship last year with the Attorney General's Office in Washington, D.C. His father called him studious and devout.

But 21-year-old Shamsid-Din Abdur-Raheem, authorities say, also harbored a temper, one that led his estranged girlfriend to seek a restraining order against him Tuesday morning.

Less than eight hours after that order was granted, the Atlantic County man kidnapped the couple's 3-month-old daughter from an East Orange apartment and headed south on the Garden State Parkway. Abdur-Raheem would later tell police he pulled over on the Driscoll Bridge, high above the icy Raritan River, and held the baby over the railing.

Then he let go.

Wednesday, as divers searched the water and as the girl's mother prayed for her safe return, acting Attorney General Paula Dow called the incident a "horrific act of domestic violence" apparently sparked by "bad blood" between Abdur-Raheem and the ex-girlfriend, Venetta Benjamin, 29, a fellow student at the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey. Abdur-Raheem, who was arrested shortly after 8 p.m. Tuesday at his father's home in Sicklerville, was ordered held on $700,000 bail Wednesday in the Essex County Jail.

Dow said that while no physical evidence or eyewitnesses have corroborated Abdur-Raheem's account, investigators have developed "very credible" information indicating the baby, Zara Malani-Lin Abdur-Raheem, was thrown from the bridge into the river.

"We don't call on these resources unless we have a good reason to believe it's necessary," Dow said, noting that dozens of law enforcement officials from multiple agencies have been involved in the search since Tuesday night.

Dow appealed to the public for help, asking anyone who saw something on the bridge to call a State Police hotline at (732) 264-4150. The bridge, connecting Sayreville and Woodbridge, is one of the busiest in the state, and Abdur-Raheem is alleged to have thrown his daughter into the river some time during rush hour. Cameras on the bridge broadcast live images but are not made to record events, depriving investigators of a crucial tool in the case.

Dow said her office would look into why police did not immediately issue an Amber Alert after the abduction. State Police said they were preparing to release an alert when they received word of Abdur-Raheem's arrest.

Link

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I truly hate stories where little children are killed by their own parents, there really is no excuse for it, and IMO it should carry an automatic death penalty, not a short prison term at the tax payer expense.

It is truly wrong, I just don't know what else to say...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Wow I'm proud of you ATS somehow this thread hasn't turned into a generalization fest about how Illegal Immigrants are baby eaters and should be damned to hell!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeepBlueSeas
Dow said that while no physical evidence or eyewitnesses have corroborated Abdur-Raheem's account, investigators have developed "very credible" information indicating the baby, Zara Malani-Lin Abdur-Raheem, was thrown from the bridge into the river.

"We don't call on these resources unless we have a good reason to believe it's necessary," Dow said, noting that dozens of law enforcement officials from multiple agencies have been involved in the search since Tuesday night.
they received word of Abdur-Raheem's arrest.

Link

This lends me to believe that they called in the psychics to confirm the baby was thrown from the bridge. Thoughts?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join