It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why hasn't the UN placed sanctions on the United States of America?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

If you seriously need to know more about atrocities within the American justice system, I urge you folks to pay a visit to this website....

WWW.JUSTICEFORMAX.COM

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
...Considering the US is occupying countries against their will...

Care to enlighten me as to what countries are being occupied against their will?

Second line.

Regards

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The UN values it's ethics a great deal, but it values the resources America brings to the table just a little bit more.

If Iran had the GDP of America, they could have daily public hangings in the town square, produce thousands of nuclear weapons and become a permanent sitting member in NATO

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
If things ever went badly enough, I find it hard to believe that the UN would prove any more effective than its esteemed predecessor, the League of Nations.

International law has always bothered me a bit. I don't like the idea of admitting to the validity of some law between nations have greater precedent because like any treaty, it's just rooted between those entities and not in a larger principle. The expansion of international law is a danger to the principle of popular sovereignty.

They used to say nations had governments that ruled with the consent of the governed. For all its flaws, we elect our officials in democratic nations. But the UN is rule by bureaucrat, and even if it is a democracy in the sense that each nation is represented, so many of these nations have such heinous regimes.

I don't expect much from any of them, nor do I think the US or any nation should find itself subject to international law. Not because the US is always right, but because the premise that an agreement between institutions will be helpful to the people is seriously flawed.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Originally posted by jrod
...Considering the US is occupying countries against their will...

Care to enlighten me as to what countries are being occupied against their will?

America itself may very soon qualify for that rather well, once martial law has been declared.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I'v read all the answers and none of them touch the main reason. first off i would like to ask you a question. 1. Speaken der deutchz?--- - No?...Well, you can thank an American for that little gift!!!Why the u.n. doesn't do anything is because America wont let any foriegn institution have supremacy over it's own constitution (i hope it never does either).

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
silly little rabbit...dont you know....the united states is the head honcho.No one in the UN has the balls to go against the big bad daddy.

face it....you europeans will roll over and take it up the butt to us americans..like you ALWAYS do.

i would like to see you try to sanction the united states...really please make the USA day.

you WILL regret it.

next time a disastor strikes your country...dont call on us.

oh lets also quit sending food and water to third world nations...who else will pick up the slack...you feminized europeans?

dont make me laugh...as much as you hate us...you NEED us.

my fellow americans....i propose that we return to our isolationist policies for a period of 5-10 years....we will then return to the world stages.....and see how 'well' the europeans and asian countries our doing.....that is if they have not blown each other up...or all the crazy dictators have not conquered them...or the muslims conquering europe,etc.

its obvious the europeans dont appreciate us or our contribution to the world and there society.....we know when we are not wanted...so i say LETS GIVE THE WORLD WHAT THEY WANT!!

NO MORE UNITED STATES.......lets see how good you are in 10 yrs time without us running the show and helping you euros out

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
besides sanctioning does not work...period.

we cant even sanction iran...how do you expect to sanction the most powerful nation the world HAS EVER KNOWN?

please enlighten me?

the united states has global hegemony....you cant 'sanction' the greatest empire on the face of the earth.

one last word of 'warning'...one you europeans will take good to remember....dont BITE the HAND that FEEDS you.

if you do you just might get hit with a rolled up newspaper.

down boy down!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join