It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It School Holidays This Week - Swearing and name calling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Is it school holidays this week?

The reason I ask is that there have been lots and lots of childish posts this week, you know with the words, loser,bra,gay, encoupled with the more than average swear words the sort that calls everyone names and kind of takes you back to the days in the playground? anyone else noticed it?

I am not against, children partaking in this site, far from it, but there has to be a line when it comes to swearing and name calling surely, swearing in context is acceptable for example, I am p***** off with society, the damn IRS have taken my home I am not happy! for the sake of swearing to massage the ego and gain attention is wrong in my book.

Anyone agree?

[edit on 19-2-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I agree.

For what its worth, I think the name-calling only comes into play when people are discussing things they find extremely painful or feel very strongly about. Emotions get in the way.....but we shoud be able to push emotions aside and focus on the task at hand.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I agree.

For what its worth, I think the name-calling only comes into play when people are discussing things they find extremely painful or feel very strongly about. Emotions get in the way.....but we shoud be able to push emotions aside and focus on the task at hand.

Don't get me wrong, ATS is known for its name calling and its heated mass debates its just that this week it seems to have gone up a notch. Maybe its all in my head.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Yes it is. I have only 3 days left until I go back to school.

Just ignore those and carry on. That's what I do.

[edit on 19/2/2010 by BlackPoison94]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
Yes it is. I have only 3 days left until I go back to school.

Just ignore those and carry on. That's what I do.

[edit on 19/2/2010 by BlackPoison94]

Well done you, ignore it and it goes away, I will have to remember that one. I will take your advice from now on and not be riled by a bunch of school children shouting their mouth of on a site that is supposed to be doing everything under the sun to win more adult sponsorship. Gracias

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Round here its the "half-term" holidays... a whole week off right between christmas and easter.

Needless to say, the city centre is just as dangerous in the day as the night this week...

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I guess it is just you.

The last month or so ATS has seemed really civil from my point of view.

Maybe I am just reading the good threads where the mature smart people discuss/debate?

It could just be totally random though.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I've noticed it a little bit too, the main thing is people's grammar seems to have recently gone down the pan!

Not much annoys me more than text speak on a forum! Especially when the regulars are so well articulated lol

top topics

join