It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Troll or Enemy of Ignorance?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The world is sceptic enough that is why believers are here to share their views and experiences. Maybe sceptics are closet believers or they are in denial to believe but are about to take the first step to accepting.

Maybe we all believe in something but we can not all believe in everything, which just makes us war with each other without knowing it.

If you believe in one thing supernatural or a conspiracy you can relate to all things people say here, it does not mean I say to them they are a complete loon or you are wrong it means we have something in common.

I am more worried that sceptics want to make out people are crazy, some I hope try and help others if they are in trouble with them selves and experience the conspiracies and paranormal.

The good thing about the believers are that once they get the shivers we won't ridicule them for it but we are here to help expand knowledge not take it away.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by articulus
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

I wish people would learn that when one recruits Hitler into an argument for or against anything in particular, one will no longer be taken seriously. At best, it's disingenuous, offensive and intellectually lazy.

Uh yeah...because Hitler was just a figment of our imaginations. A conspiracy. Something that didn't actually happen and had no merit.

I understand. That seems to be the problem these days, everyone ignores the lessons of history.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Crikey, Point of No Return, I have been reading some of your posts tonight and I have to ask...........have you ever been labelled a troll? you seem to write with some conviction.

If you have something to say to me, just say it.

How are my posts more off topic than the ones I responded to?

How was your own post not in search of an emotional response from me?

Damn straight I write with conviction. I just call it how I see it.

Don't like it, jammer maat.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Without them, every video of a plane flying overhead, every bug flying past a camera and every filmed bird would be a verified alien craft.

lol, I'm sure all the footage of a plane flying (at night), every bug flying past a camera and every bird filmed that has been posted on the web, has started a thread here on ATS, with the title UNDENIABLE PROOF.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

I have given examples of the absurdity of the Hitler analogy. If you feel I have actually accused anybody of being similar to Hitler, please be specific. I think it is fairly clear that I have not drawn any such comparisons, although I have given two examples which demonstrate that such statements do not hold water. There are better ways of making one's point.

It would seem that you are attempting to redirect the course of discussion in this thread. If you are not, then perhaps I have misunderstood you as you have misunderstood me. If you would like to debate this further with me, please feel free to use the U2U function.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I'm sorry if you were offended by my response to your argument. I used an example from your post to illustrate a larger point, which I think is part of the problem that is discussed in the OP. I've read some of your other posts and I think that you are probably capable of delivering your message in a more logical and rational fashion. Hitler was indeed a monster, which is at the heart of my point: not everything that contradicts you is equivalent to Nazism.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by articulus

And that's five, edit: six posts in a row where you:

recruit Hitler into an argument for or against anything in particular

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Point of No Return

I have given examples of the absurdity of the Hitler analogy. If you feel I have actually accused anybody of being similar to Hitler, please be specific. I think it is fairly clear that I have not drawn any such comparisons, although I have given two examples which demonstrate that such statements do not hold water. There are better ways of making one's point.

It would seem that you are attempting to redirect the course of discussion in this thread. If you are not, then perhaps I have misunderstood you as you have misunderstood me. If you would like to debate this further with me, please feel free to use the U2U function.

Actually the comparison was justified quite well in my post. Hitler tried to create a uniformed system of thought and action (Fascism). My post illuminated the idea that not all of us are going to think the same way, hence, creating the spice of life that we currently enjoy. If we all thought the same on these forums, there would be no need for the forums themselves.

So, if you didn't get the analogy, then I apologize...But, I thought it was pretty cut and dry.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I'm sorry if you were offended by my response to your argument. I used an example from your post to illustrate a larger point, which I think is part of the problem that is discussed in the OP. I've read some of your other posts and I think that you are probably capable of delivering your message in a more logical and rational fashion. Hitler was indeed a monster, which is at the heart of my point: not everything that contradicts you is equivalent to Nazism.

I am not offended, but, I used the best historical evidence to illuminate my point. All is well between us.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Fair enough, I do not want to turn this thread into a debate about how to debate, as there is an important discussion to be had here. Thanks for your explanation, I do now understand better what you were trying to communicate; I agree that asking everyone to think the same way is counter to the spirit of ATS and generally bad for human progress. My position remains the same: I feel there are far better ways of illustrating a point, as the Hitler analogy tends to move the argument from cerebral to emotional, and is overused by people who would rather appeal to emotion than intellect. But I understand your point.

/edit to add: I composed this prior to your second reply. Thanks for being reasonable.

[edit on 2/19/10 by articulus]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What a lame thread - ATS has really gone bad with this kind of caca.

Waste of bandwidth.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Lame thread is lame.

The thread is very lame for the second line.

Thank you, over & out.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This thread is approved by Signals.

You're Welcome.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I thought my reply was good, even though I just changed it a bit due to being a first draft. But if you want to stop arguing and start a fresh chapter then reply to my post above.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by InfaRedMan

well something approaching (but not quite there yet,) quantum computers, was created like 20 years ago, using a photosensitive algae for transistors.
when the light hit it, the molecule flipped like a logic gate.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by undo]

I don't want to stray off topic here, but I though t I would correct you...

...what you are describing is still a binary computer (albeit a biological-based one) in which there is either a "0" or "1" (or "off"/"on"; gate flipped/gate not flipped).

A quantum computer is very, very different. In a quantum computer, the logic is not "0" or "1" but rather it's simultaneously both "0" and "1", while at the same time being neither "0" nor "1" -- i.e., the logic is simultaneously every possibility between "0" and "1". It's all very weird stuff indeed.

However, quantum computing has nothing to do with biological computing.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I really don't like threads that start flame wars =\.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

This is so stupid, did you know every one can be a skeptic/debunker, and everyone at least once in their life time has been a skeptic or a debunker.

For you to say that ATS is ATS because of the skeptics/debunkers, is far from the truth. I came to ATS because people were discussing issues in ease which would be regarded as ludacris in a centralized world.

The first story which caught my attention wasn't a debunker thread. It was a thread which made the claim that 'earth being flat is actually plausible', and he tried to prove it mathematically/physically.

People who came to debunk his thread were there, but the interesting part was the OP, not the skeptics/debunker.

So think again, you're not that interesting..

BORING!!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I joined ATS in 07 (the time of John Lear), right before it blew up and turned a little commercial.
But even then ATS was a different place than when our master experts and moderators were stirring things up.

I learned a lot through this site, and went through some awful hoaxes and greetings to a front page chalk full of reptilian threads and videos.
But even then, ATS was a better place than it has become.

My member activity has dropped drastically over the past 6-10 months, and it has a large part to do with how popular ATS has become.
With this many people and more joining every day, the potential for sh*tty threads and topics increase.
Whats worse than just the topics, are the members attitudes as of late. very uncaring and just plain mean. As if were in a game of high school popularity.

But perhaps its just me. Perhaps I've just learned so much that most of the important threads pertaing to my interests have been read and now I'm left with all the sucky ones.

Either way, ATS is certainly no longer my favorite place to seek knowledge and truth... its outside, in nature and the people around us.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Nice post. I'm new to this site and I love investigating some of the things proposed here. Some of the things I investigate like the link between the New World Order and the Global warming hoax is scary. I used to be very skeptical of conspiracy theorists and the such. Now I guess I am one.

I hope that this site keeps the people that are labeled as "way out there" to keep us more more grounded on our toes!
At the very least, there is much to think about on this site!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join