It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Troll or Enemy of Ignorance?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Why do I need to debunk it
being skeptic does not mean I do not believe in unknown animals.

Can you prove it is not a man in a suit ?

I will point out, It was in bright daylight, it did not run when it looked back to the man recording him, and still has never been seen since.

Something that does not run/hide from humans would be seen more often then once ever 80 years.

Now you explain how it cannot be a man in a suit. I know the claims about its movement and I just don't see it sorry.

UFO best evidence
even if there is evidence that cannot/has not been debunked does not ....

1. Make visiting UFOs are real
2. Vilify skeptics/debunkers

I am fair you to have that last claim as well.
Just because some videos are debunked does not mean there has never been a visiting UFO (recorded even). Your all not crazy obviously
we just think different.

9/11
Of course I can

I am emotionally attached to it as are other people, as you may have noticed I can come of mean or abrasive. something I would rather not be on this subject.

You know how some people believe you should not talk about someone religious beliefs ? well I think of this the same way I guess.
(fire away of religion imo
)

As you can see in this post I am rushed atm (working) so sorry for this messy/quick reply.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by nophun]

[edit on 19-2-2010 by nophun]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
I don't want to p*** on your parade there OP but a while ago I was privy to some information which proved that this site was teaming with contracted members. This is one of the reasons, many of the experienced members left this site.

Holy Pandora's Box!!!

I'd ask you to post the information you're referring to but the staff would never allow it I'm sure.

Disinfo agents / cointelpro whatever the you want to call them patrol these sites no questions asked,

Yeah. It's even worse when you get a big huge biker guy following you right to your front door uttering threats of violence, or you come up out of the subway and some guys start shouting down at you from the rooftop of a building, etc etc.

So. Due to the many extremely sinister things I've experienced over the past few years, I think I have decided to stop championing the Free Energy cause on here. I guess I'll just be a good boy and blow my big pile of money on Hookers'n'Coke instead.

Oh well.......

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I can't resist it, whenever I think of sceptics I think of this man.

A UFO sceptic was left terrified and running away so quickly he twisted his ankle, after seeing a mysterious craft and an otherworldly figure in Exmouth’s aptly-named Phear Park.

Mr Shaw said he remained a sceptic and was at a loss to explain Saturday’s incident

The reason I find it funny is that this man witnessed a UFO unidentified flying object, a figure coming out of it towards him, he ran away twisted his ankle and still denies that nothing out of the ordinary happened.You got to laugh.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Being skeptical thread by thread makes sense. It's the blanket skeptics that just astound me. They're always against the subject matter, so they go for easy prey.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
someone whom simply dismisses and ridicules something because it doesn't fit the current mainstream explanation of anything

You mean just like the the OPer does in a good chunk of his own posts. . . .

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I have to say there is a vast difference between a troll and a skeptic.

Feel free to agree or disagree as each and every one of you see fit.

I find my own thoughts on how the world works and how it should work and rely upon no one for assisting me, de-bunking me, nor accrediting me for anything.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Skepticism

Contemporary skepticism (or scepticism) is loosely used to denote any questioning attitude, or some degree of doubt regarding claims that are elsewhere taken for granted.

The word skepticism can characterize a position on a single claim, but in scholastic circles more frequently describes a lasting mind-set.

Skepticism is an approach to accepting, rejecting, or suspending judgment on new information that requires the new information to be well supported by argument or evidence.

Individuals who proclaim to have a skeptical outlook are frequently called skeptics, often without regard to whether it is philosophical skepticism or empirical skepticism that they profess.

In religion, skepticism refers to 'doubt concerning basic religious principles (such as immortality, providence, and revelation).'

(Merriam–Webster)

In classical philosophy, skepticism (or scepticism) is the teachings and the traits of the 'Skeptikoi', a school of philosophers of whom it was said that they 'asserted nothing but only opined.'

(Liddell and Scott)

In this sense, philosophical skepticism, or Pyrrhonism, is the philosophical position that one should suspend judgment in investigations.

A skeptic is someone to me who questions the status quo, period.

A skeptic is someone to me who questions authority, period.

A skeptic is someone to me who questions the Official Story, period.

A skeptic is someone to me who questions the Truther Movement, period.

A skeptic is someone to me who questions the stated facts over and over, period.

Any person who wholeheartedly buys into anything without questioning it, is wholeheartedly, an idiot.

I question the validity of Mr Mask's thread and posts herein, not questioning necessarily his intent, but his definition, because that is his and not mine, I choose for me.

I choose for no one else but me and I ask none to follow me because I hate followers.

I've been stalked far too many times that I seek not followers, I seek equals instead.

And I do not follow, will not follow, and never will follow anyone else other than my own self.

To thine own self be true.

Nosce Te Ipsum, my family motto, on my family crest, Know Thyself.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8437e212b888.jpg[/atsimg]

I find it is one of those things in life where people are threatened by those who question them.

I thoroughly encourage people to question me and if people do not I wonder why.

I quite thoroughly investigate each and every claim I make on ATS and I encourage others to question, because I may have missed something, so I do not see de-bunkers, I see people who assist me in Denying Ignorance.

I seek out knowledge and education, anyone assisting me in doing that is only helping me.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

i think if you watch the vid in my link, or the one in kandinsky's then it pretty much proves that it's not a guy in a suit, to still hang on to the skeptical viewpoint is unreasonable. It becomes the extreme point of view, don't you think? yet somehow presents itself as logical.

I'm not attempting to explain what UFO's are, no one knows and you can be skeptical of the theories out there, but come on....there is some form of highly unusual crafts or objects that does, without a doubt exist. I think people are crazy to deny that.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Great posts, illuminates perfectly what I'm trying to say.
Some of these skeptics are crazier than people who think hillary clinton is a reptilian.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

The pic in your OP shows what the real problem is here. You have a preconceived notion of what is "bunk", and only support "rational' views.

A trait common in a lot of the skeptics around here.

It also shows the MO of ridiculing those with theories that differ from "rational" explanations.

Nothing wrong with healthy skepticism, but some are just prisoners of their own paradigm.

I see the resident expert getting stuff wrong all the time, when you call him out for it, with arguments, he simply doesn't respond.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Buddha said it best

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

When it comes to 9/11 after studying ALL the facts I cannot see how any SANE human being can possibly say that the official version of events are indeed what happened.

As I have reiterated many many many times in the 9/11 forums, its not that people are sceptical, its not that they are debunkers or cointelpro its simply that they are sh** scared of the truth. What they thought was real all of their life suddenly becomes something very different indeed, and to be honest its one hell of a decision to make if your going to change your mind.

When it comes to trolls though, you can definately find them in that forum.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just what this forum needs another skeptic to rip the fun out of threads!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

well something approaching (but not quite there yet,) quantum computers, was created like 20 years ago, using a photosensitive algae for transistors.
when the light hit it, the molecule flipped like a logic gate.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by undo]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
IS THIS NOT THE REASON THAT WE HAVE FRIENDS AND ENEMIES HERE .a friend watches listens and learns ,AN enemy disagrees with me or my point of view -sorry about your luck but please label me as ENEMY as i love a good sparring match...prove me wrong if you can if not thank you for the friendly banter as sticks and stones will break my bones but your words will not harm anything ,as they are just words nothing more.
but then to your words are what keep me on my toes and up to snuff , challenge me and i will play the game of words ,tag your all it ,catch me if you can -the ENEMY TO END ALL ENEMIES ,me myself and i . are you all enemies or are you all friends who have yet to learn i have no enemies i only have those who i have never seen or met .
my true ENEMIES here are those who challenge me and test my knowledge in so doing they all fall into my trap and web , in time they will all learn the simplest of truths -that they are my friends that i never knew or met .
thank-you TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS .

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I will watch the full video in your post, as soon as I got time.
Even if I completely agree with your thoughts on the video, your attacks on skeptics here at ATS is unnecessary. One case of a unexplained animal does not mean big foot (w/all the stories) are true. It does not mean we should not look at every video with skepticism.

I have yet to see any UFO footage that made me go WOW!
There is footage I cannot explain or has not been explained. This adds up to something like the god argument, I cannot disprove 100% and you cannot prove anything but something is unexplained.

As I said above somewhere, We just think different.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Flagged and starred for the picture alone. I'm really indifferent to peoples opinions that differ from mine. My pet peeve are off topic posts, say when people start talking and arguing about non relative points for the orignal thread.

Bring on the skeptics, they make us all honest and are needed. Disagreement is good when done respectfully,

Dave

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

First off, I just said I don't want to talk about this.
Second, fyou for implying I am insane for believing the OS, I never said if I believe the OS or not.

Lastly, Why do you people think all skeptics agree 100% on every subject in the world ?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by davec0021

Flagged and starred for the picture alone. I'm really indifferent to peoples opinions that differ from mine.

Then why did you flag and star for that picture alone.

It didn't have anything to do with the fact that it ridicules peoples opinions that you disagree with?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

I think your emotions are getting the better of you, I wasn't implying YOU particularly and as for not talking about it, I apologise, I didn't read what you wrote. I have now though........ Moving on.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

As I said above somewhere, We just think different.

I disagree with you, that we disagree, I think we actually do agree, except on the point of us agreeing, in which case we actually do disagree.

One case of a unexplained animal does not mean big foot (w/all the stories) are true. It does not mean we should not look at every video with skepticism.

like i said case by case skepticism is fine, but at what point do you have to accept the phenomenon. Some people will admit to seeing a craft with alien coming out of it running away and twisting their ankle, but still remain a skeptic...LOL. So dumb

I have yet to see any UFO footage that made me go WOW!
There is footage I cannot explain or has not been explained. This adds up to something like the god argument, I cannot disprove 100% and you cannot prove anything but something is unexplained.

it's not always about footage, there's so much other evidence as well, anyone who's sat down objectively with this subject, and really taken in a lot of the evidence would have to logically conclude that there's something very strange amiss.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join