It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Name Is Khan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
My Name is Khan, is a movie I advise many of you to watch. It shows 9/11 from an autistic Muslim’s point of view. I know quite a lot of people whose perspectives have changed once watching this movie. The key message to this, which is a repeated quote in the film: "My name is Khan and I'm not a terrorist."

Anyone want to take a look, here’s the trailer, it gets quite good after 2.00:

It very early on provides the following concept:

How can you tell who is giving the lollipop and who is hitting you with a stick? You can’t tell the difference because they look the same; each race is the same but there are only 2 types of people in the world; those who do good deeds and those who do bad deeds.

It has broken US box office record It’s done the same in the UK.

I’m not going to give away the plot but I think it was quite a good movie. It was emotional indeed, I cried a lot. But...any reviews from the people that have seen it?

[edit on 19/2/2010 by BlackPoison94]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The film of course crushes the most popular post-9/11 prejudices of our times. The case isn’t new. Which is that while the most talked about global terrorists may be Muslims - all Muslims aren’t terrorists. And that no religion, including Islam, preaches violence against the innocent.

The lead actor, Rizwan, a devoted believer, quotes the Prophet from the Koran, “With the loss of one innocent life, dies humanity alongside

This is a very good film and I would urge everyone to watch it.

new topics

join