It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austin Pilot buries Epic Beard Man meme, self doubt is back in fashion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Austin Pilot buries Epic Beard Man meme, self doubt is back in fashion.

Hello,

I'm a lurker here. Great source of news. ATS is ahead of everyone I know as a breaking souce, and skeptical analysis. It's a scary place to defend a post sometimes. < Gulp > From what I can see. So uh... Some about me first, for the sharks and attackers out there. I've read over 8k conspiracy theories. Been on teh interwebs since 1984, weight too much, walk my dog, play FPS and WoW.

The approach I've been using since conspiracy theories have gone mainstream is to only analyze those that come in pairs or more. Sometimes with three in a row a trend can be defined. Sometimes what separates a pair is interesting. In this case, though, it appears we have a classic case of "trample the pedestrian" where one sends out a fast rider to overtake some other voice. In this case the contrast is most starkly portrayed under a political light.

Compare the two meme's politically. What is each one's value to TPTB. In the older meme I would say it had zero, maybe even negative political value. The Austin incident is a three cherry jackpot of the need for strong leadership, accountability, and policing. Consider what would have happened, on the other hand, had the public reactions been reversed.

What if

In the area of public transportation the public outcry for strong leadership, accountability, and policing resulted in representatives being forced to take public transit if they wanted to actually keep an office. No matter how much money.

And in regard to the FAA people just laughed it off and only wanted to know "who's going to pay the taxes on the plane, now?"

Are we too busy looking for Kamakazi pilots to remember the real world?

David Grouchy

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
note sure what a meme is but I would suggest you go back to lurking

Seriously though - the EBM - while entertaining, is just that - entertainment. Some guy cracking and flying a plane into a building is reality - != entertainment.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
...?

take it to a blog or BTS. this thread reeks of insecurity, don't make me dismember it. no pun intended.

or was there?

or was there.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Just when I thought I have

seen it all on ATS, we get

THIS! Stick to WOW!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'm still on the bus trying to stop the fight from happening. My sympathies are with the old lady, decrying the lack of decorum. Hell even the public lybrary is a difficult place to study these days. I merely suggest that Politicians will not be interested in our lives, if they are not involved ... in our lives. The same for Corporate Execs.

David Grouchy

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

you have been a memberfor over 18 months.
what exactly have you learned?
you said you've read 8000 conspiracies but only take notice of pairs????
what exactly does that mean?
where are you going with this?

can i have what your having?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
reply to post by davidgrouchy

you have been a memberfor over 18 months.
what exactly have you learned?
you said you've read 8000 conspiracies but only take notice of pairs????
what exactly does that mean?
where are you going with this?

can i have what your having?

Yes.

No, wait. You just tried to trick me into giving a one line answer.

Fortunately I have read the stickies and know that is discouraged.

Also I find it is best to read a forum for at least three months before posting. Many times all the major issues have been discussed years ago.

My chances of actually contributing to a discussion are greatly diminished if I don't take the time to actually listen to all the voices that have gone before, and are currently speaking. ATs has a wide range of voices. One of it's strengths really.

David Grouchy

top topics

join