It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of 'Ghost' taken in an abandoned Castle.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab517c50c8b6.jpg[/atsimg]
Here is the translated article:

Rome, 16 feb. (Ign) - A woman behind the window of a castle that has been deserted for 25 years. Is a ghost? Paranormal fans are already advancing hypothesis on the identity of that mysterious figure which appeared in the photo taken from Kevin Horkin at the castle of Gwrych, in the north of Wales. The English newspaper `The Sun' explains - of Winifred, the contessa of Dundonald, that he had inherited the castle - known as one of the more haunted places of the United Kingdom - in 1984. Others, instead, support features of a domestic servant who died inside falling from a horse of the property.

Kevin Horkin, 48 years old, who released the photo , is shrewed of the alarming “single detail” the moment, after he unloaded the images on his PC. The man has told `the Sun' that while he was there he felt “a strange presence in that place. The day was cold, but it seemed warm near the building” said the photographer.

The castle, constructed in 1819 and abandoned from 1985, does not allow - because of the landslide of the pavement - a verification thus feeding the mystery. `The North Wales Paranormal Research Group' asserts that this is not the first sight to the castle of Gwrych, but only one of a long series.

Original Article

Roma, 16 feb. (Ign) – Una donna dietro la finestra di un castello disabitato da 25 anni. E’ un fantasma? Gli appassionati del paranormale stanno già avanzando ipotesi sull’identità di quella misteriosa figura apparsa nella foto scattata da Kevin Horkin al castello di Gwrych, nel nord del Galles. C’è chi pensa si tratti - spiega il giornale inglese ‘The Sun’ - di Winifred, la contessa di Dundonald, che aveva ereditato il castello - conosciuto come uno dei posti più stregati del Regno Unito – nel 1984. Altri, invece, sostengono si tratti di una domestica che morì cadendo da cavallo all'interno della proprietà.

Kevin Horkin, 48enne che ha scattato la foto qualche tempo fa, si è accorto dell’inquietante “particolare” solo in un secondo momento, dopo aver scaricato le immagini sul suo pc. L’uomo ha raccontato al ‘Sun’ che mentre era lì aveva avvertito “una strana presenza in quel luogo. Era una fredda giornata, ma sembrava facesse caldo vicino all’edificio” ha detto il fotografo.

Il castello, costruito nel 1819 e abbandonato dal 1985, non permette - a causa del crollo del pavimento - una verifica alimentando così il mistero. La ‘North Wales Paranormal Research Group’ afferma che questo non è il primo avvistamento al castello di Gwrych, ma solo l’ultimo di una lunga serie.

Wonder if it is a ghost?

edited for photo

[edit on 19-2-2010 by TimothyMartin]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Here is the article from 'The Sun'

The spooky snap was taken at a building hailed as one of Britain's most haunted.

The floor in that room crumbled away years ago, meaning there is nothing for a person to stand on.

Company boss Kevin Horkin took the photo at Gwrych Castle in Abergele, North Wales, but only saw the ghostly figure when he downloaded his pictures later.

Kevin, 48, said: "I did feel a presence there. It was a cold day when I visited, but it seemed warm near the building.

"There seems to be a sense of tragedy there."

Kevin, believes the figure is someone who once lived at the castle. He plans to investigate further with a ghost-hunting team.

The North Wales Paranormal Research Group says many sightings have already been recorded at Gwrych.

The castle, built in 1819, has been derelict since 1985.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Looks just like Winona Ryder peeking out a window.

No worries, everybody gets ghosts and winona ryder confused, she has tremendous ghost like qualities.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Exactly why she's one of my favorite actresses. But can she float in mid air? There was no floor beneath the apperent 'ghost girl' or Winona Ryder...

By the way, awesome song in your signature.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by TimothyMartin]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
To be honest, it looks more like a painting than an actual photo considering the rough edges and such. Was the guy using a color camera from the 60's or 70's?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
That would make a great painting. I would have had to have been there to form an opinion of wether or not it was a ghost. Nice picture though.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by psyko45]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It doesn't say what camera he used, but it was digital. Probably a cheap Japanese camera from eBay. I had one that made photos with rough edges like that before...
Anyway, the girl only appeared on the photo, the guy claims he didn't see her until he put it on his PC.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

lmao, looks more like the chick from Harry Potter to me
... the picture looks like a painting? am I wrong?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by groomlake9

Major case of Deja vu right before reading your post... what brought that on? Weird...

Anyway, yeah, she does look like that Harry Potter girl. Maybe they filmed Harry Potter there once?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TimothyMartin

Why I think this photo is a chop job.

Notice the distance of the shoulders? The ghosts left shoulder is not proportionate to the body, nor is the arm, it appears longer.

Believable at first glance perhaps, but when you start looking at the body in reference to the window, the left side of the body would have been mostly covered by the dividers in the window. It looks as though they took a pic of a thin woman and widened her as to show what appears to be her in full view.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Wow, Uberl33t, your like, really elite at this sort of thing.
Anyway, yeah, looks like your right. Unless the ghost girl was some fat disproportional girl...

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
When was this photo taken? Is it the original or has it been cropped?

Looks pretty fake to me, i work with Cameras, from point and shoots to DSLR, never seen a camera take a pic that bad, even in low light.

Women does look a little bent out of shape, Slayer could've done a better job apparently

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I don't believe or disbelieve ghosts. The house I was raised in is thought to be haunted and a lot of strange things happened there. On the other hand, I can think of no logical reason for ghosts to exist. Maybe I'm ghostnostic?

IMO the photo looks fake. The ghost looks like a modern model and very pretty. The source outlet The Sun genuinely makes stuff up. They print anything they like. Last summer was aliens, the year before was Great White sharks off the English coast. It's like they go to work in the morning and just prank the people who pay for their paper.

Another reason (IMO) is that it looks like no other 'ghost' photos out there. In all honesty, if there really are ghosts (whatever they may be), I don't think they CAN be photographed. My favourite ever ghost photo got debunked in my own thread last year. I haven't seen once since that convinces.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by huntin4fact

Slayer did do a better job.
Check out his touched up version.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

lol i like wut u did with the pic i am not a skeptic and i do belive in ghosts but i just dont know about this one i think that it might be a fake as an artist the first thing i noticed was the disproportion of the shoulder and arm with the neck not to mention how easiley you photo shopped that image into it beside the girl

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'm no expert but I just have a feeling that it's fake.

Either that or it's Bella from Twilight. It looks just like her.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
If its not a painting and is actually a photo, it looks like its been run through a photo program to give it that "painting look". Seriously, save it and zoom in you'll see what I mean.

top topics

join