It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An amazing experience with Reiki

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What's the difference btw remote healing with Reiki and praying?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Qigong excerises are designed to stimulate the flow and replenish resident CHi in a person..those who can harrness and control Chi energy need to replenish "spent " Chi energy. Chi energy can also be channel from person to another and back again. Its applications can me Martial or medical. The story of the Rieki master going into isolation is the same discipline the Toaist use as they progress toward enlightenment. Chi energy healing can be applied to those not even conscience I used it for post surgical agitation ..side effects of the anesthetic medications... used for intubation. Chi energy no doubt the same as Rieki just has a different name for the same phenomia...actually it can be traced back to the Hindu..Vedic culture of India. However even Native Americans have practiced a form of internal healing much like Chi or Rieki.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Sounds like an absolutely amazing story. Two beautiful children. There are thousands of stories out there like this. Doctors who have made a diagnosis and come back to see something has healed miraculously. There are even surgeons who have been trained in reiki because they have seen the positive effects demonstrated. Reiki is being used in over 50 hospitals in the united states with a permanent reiki staff for anyone who requests it. My skepticism took a big left turn after I did some research.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by infobrazil
What's the difference btw remote healing with Reiki and praying?

I guess you could say it is more focused. Consider praying like a flashlight, and reiki like a laser beam. Through the attunements, reiki healers are able to channel greater amounts of energy and focus them. For example, after my reiki II attunement, the next healing I did, I could literally feel my hands instantly heat up upon contact with my patient. There was no denying it.

When it comes to distance, this energy we channel is not bound by space or time. It is universal, it is everywhere, it is all connected. Once I can feel the energy start flowing, i KNOW it is being sent out. And in knowing, its power is increased. The Intention Experiment by Lissette Larkins was what really made me go back to learn reiki after my healing experience. It proved to me on a scientific basis that this method of healing worked. It is in knowing and feeling where I think this stuff really works.

When I used to pray it was kind of like an empty hope, leaving it up to someone else. With reiki I can feel it working and know its happening. All it takes is for the receivers body to take this energy and use it which most of the time it does and miraculous healing occours.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
If you or anyone you know has had an experience with Reiki I would love to hear it.

When my father was in the hospital dying my sister hired a reiki practitioner for help. Why not? Not much else was helping. What I saw was someone facing different directions and making bizarre hand gestures with the overall effect being nothing, but with a very real monetary cost. This was one of the pivotal moments in my life in which I began questioning "alternative medicine" and began to become skeptical of quite a number of things; ultimately shifting my paradigm away from belief in all mystical horsehockey. I guess I should thank the reiki practitioner.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

When my father was in the hospital dying my sister hired a reiki practitioner for help. Why not? Not much else was helping. What I saw was someone facing different directions and making bizarre hand gestures with the overall effect being nothing, but with a very real monetary cost. This was one of the pivotal moments in my life in which I began questioning "alternative medicine" and began to become skeptical of quite a number of things; ultimately shifting my paradigm away from belief in all mystical horsehockey. I guess I should thank the reiki practitioner.

There are good and bad doctors out there as well. Ive never heard of any bizarre hand gestures. I keep my plams out straight and just place them on different parts of the body.

As for terminally ill patients, reiki is used to ease suffering and make the transition easier on the patient and his family. I recently read a story of an AIDS patiend with a 107 fever having halluicination fits who was told he wouldent live through the night. Two experienced practitioners worked on him through the night and brought down his fever. He was able to regain consciousness and say his final farewells to his family.

Reiki can do some amazing things but if it is someones time, it is their time. I am sorry about your father and I wish you well.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Thank you, sir. Very kind of you to say.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Thanks for the offer and info. I'm in Toronto. While there are countless of spas and naturopathic clinics that offer reiki, I'm afraid that because it's such an intangible service, many people just claim they are doing something because that's the trendy thing to do at the moment.

Kind of like how 99% of psychics are truly for entertainment purposes only and you have seek out the 1%, but that 1% doesn't promote themselves because they don't need to.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSdelurker

Whats great about reiki is that everyone is capable of doing it on some level. Human touch or the laying of hands has been a healing method since the beginning of time. When your child has a headache you reach out and touch his head, when someone is feeling bad you give them a rub or pat on the back, when two lovers are first connecting the hand hold is usually the first move. The only difference with a reiki healer is that they can channel greater amounts of energy to passed through the hands.

If someone is certified (ask to see their certification and their lineage), 99% of the time they are doing it because they know it works and it has touched them on some level. There are a lot of scams out there today, but go with your instinct. Try searching around and go with whatever feels right to you. No harm can be done from reiki. If nothing happens other than you getting to relax and quiet your mind for an hour, then no harm done.

Honestly I would be very surprised to hear of someone trying to scam people with reiki. If you want I could send you a distance treatments and maybe you would be more inclined to give it a shot.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Does anyone know if Reiki is always done with the coordinating crystals layed on the different chakras or do some practitioners do it without the crystals?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I am 2nd attuned (sp?) to Reiki. Right after my 2nd attunement I started to have severe migraines on a pretty regular basis. I had occassional headaches before but nothing like what I have been getting now. Have you heard of anything like that before? Is opening up your chakras, during your attunements, can cause migraines? Not sure if they are connected but it sure was strange that they started almost immediately afterward and still after 3 years.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
A few things. As far as i know, none of the attuned reiki performers i know use crystals.

As to placebo effect.... while some people write placebo effect off, what it truly means is that there is an energetic principle to healing that western doctors dont understand, and so they disregard it as a healing practice. Consciousness IS an essential part of healing, as medicine is all a mind body practice, and all medicine is energetic medicine in some form.

This does not necessarily apply to trauma medicine, which western medicine, i will readily admit, is the most effective for generally. However, western medicine is one of the WORST for healthcare, maintenance, and prevention. Sadly, what is considered evidence based medicine today is largely dictated by the largest pocket book, as is evidenced by the fact that plenty "evidence based" treatments of today go on to prove dangerous and ineffective, such as viox, thalidomide, etc. Its important to remember that in our society the term "evidence based" means "we are evidently going to make alot of money off of this".

There are many incredible natural treatments used by the prestigious universities in oregon and arizona that teach naturopathy that will never be allowed nationally for two reasons. One, they are not patentable for billions of dollars, and two, no one will pay for the hundreds of millions worth of research to get the FDA to approve something which cannot be patented and which they already know works through hundreds of years of use. Thats not adding in the fact that it conflicts with profits from pharmacology, which puts all the weight of BIG Pharma and the AMA against it.

Finally, Reiki is another method of learning to channel chi, in fact "ki" in reiki is the japanese form of the word "chi". Both have been shown many thousands of times to be effective treatment, as chinese medicine is almost totally based upon the philosophy of chi, its what accupuncture is all about, and its been around for over 2000 years, far longer than any other medicine, and continues to cure many ailments and diseases on a regular basis that western medicine demands there are no cures for.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lavenderlake

Crystals are not part of Reiki. They are not included in the original teachings. Some people choose to use them with reiki to aid in healing, like my teacher, but she kept crystals out of all of her teachings. Consider them supplemental, thats all.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by illusioned2

I cant say that I have ever heard of reiki inducing migraines. I did start to feel intense pressure and tingling in my 3rd eye (slightly above my eyebrows in the center of my forehead) after my first attunement but I wouldn't call it a migraine. I know people who have them and what they describe is far more intense. Have you seen a doctor about this? If you like I can send you some reiki, let me know and I would be happy to,

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Hello Dock9! I am very happy that I helped you and thank you for sharing your awesome journey with us. It makes me want to do it again asap.

Thanks again!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I love hearing all the stories! Reiki can heal not only physical wounds but emotional ones. I have had people start to cry because of the emotional release that comes from energy blockages being released. It continues to surprise me how amazing this technique really is.

Again if anyone feels like they need some reiki sent to them dont be afraid to ask!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join