It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Stack IRS Suicide Pilot Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I authored this article on Fascist Soup:

Oddities I notice:
How did anyone find out who the pilot was so quickly? - and how did the media find his obscure web site rant so quickly?

Then there’s this weirdness, how do you get stories this conflicting?

Stack, who moved to Austin from California a few years ago, complained he could not make a living with his software company, Embedded Arts.

Around 8 a.m., Stack's house in North Austin was set ablaze, officials said.

A neighbor rescued his wife, classical pianist Sheryl Housh Stack, a teaching assistant at the University of Texas, and her 12-year-old daughter, Margaux, according to KXAN-TV.

Other reports said the wife and daughter arrived home after spending the night in a hotel to find the house burning.

More weirdness:

Update: CNN reports that a federal official claims the pilot had set his house on fire beforehand, stole the plane and crashed it intentionally. The FAA said the plane departed Georgetown Municipal Airport, north of Austin, about 9:40 a.m., and that the pilot did not file a flight plan.

Opposed to:

Joe Stack, who owned a small plane, was missing…

The four-seat single-engine Piper Cherokee came in low, nearly hitting power lines, and was roaring at full throttle on impact, the witnesses said.

The tail number matched Stack’s plane, officials said.

Remarkably, though the plane hit a seven-story office building just before 10 a.m., sparking a 50-foot fireball and breaking most of the windows, only two people were injured.

Opposed to:

AUSTIN, Texas (CNN) – Austin fire officials say one person’s unaccounted for after a small plane crashed into an building that houses offices of the Internal Revenue Service. According to CNN, The pilot of the plane had set his house on fire beforehand, stole the plane and crashed it intentionally, a federal official told CNN.

The Federal Aviation Administration is reporting to CNN that the plane departed Georgetown airport north of Austin about 9:40 a.m. and was a Cirrus SR 22. The pilot evidently did not file a flight plan, according to reports. No flight plan is required because it is a VFR (visual flight rules) day, meaning clear weather.

Opposed to:

An Austin, Texas, resident with an apparent grudge against the Internal Revenue Service set his house on fire Thursday and then crashed [no mention of stole] a small plane into a building housing an IRS office with nearly 200 employees, officials said.

Federal authorities identified the pilot of the Piper Cherokee PA-28 as Joseph Andrew Stack, 53.

Now remember, this is a VITALLY important detail.

If Stack stole the plane, then there is no way to tie Stack to the crime.

It would be impossible to know who was flying that plane if the tail number didn’t tie back to Stack, at least until the rubble was searched and his burned body was identified.

There is also no way the press could have found and tied the suicide web note back to Stack so quickly unless he was identified by the tail number.

If the Fed’s go with the “stolen plane” route, then the entire thing is wildly suspect.

In his rant, Stack never mentions what exactly his plan was, so if someone just randomly found the web page and reported it to the media, there’s still no way to tie it back to Stack without knowing who the pilot was, being identified by the tail number.

Also, if Stack was under financial duress, how could he afford a plane? A seriously old beat up Cherokee will run you around 30K, not including maintenance, storage, and gas which are fairly outrageous. If the plane was a Cirrus SR 22, you're looking at a cool 250K for a used one. Thus, it makes the type of plane important.

Stack says he was wiped out and forced to dip into retirement savings before moving to TX, if you’re wiped out, typically you don’t keep a plane around.

Stack then says presently he had a boatload of undocumented income which caused him trouble with the IRS when he tried to report it. If its causing trouble with the IRS, then its not undocumented. And he must not have kept it in a bank or it would have been discovered. How did he pay for the plane, which he must have bought after moving out to TX, in order for his rant to make any sense?

Did he pay cash?

How long did he have the plane and when did he get his pilots license?

[edit on 18-2-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
All excellent points. I will star and flag this just for the effort, and the sleight of hand possibility. I will keep an eye on this thread to see what "evidence" is uncovered to explain these possiblities away.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You know what else stinks?

Why did this guy set his house on fire?

1. Were his wife and kid at a hotel? Why where they there?
2. If they were in the house, why would he want to kill them?

If they were broke, what possible benefit to his family would it be to burn his house down?

Also, if you were going to kill yourself, would you bother to take any identifying information with you like a wallet? Wouldn't you leave your wallet where your wife would find it so she could keep the credit cards and money?

Why burn that house down?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Why burn that house down?

Kinda weird how he would want to hurt his family by burning that house down.

I heard mention of a fight with his wife, could this have been the event that sparked his rage?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yeah something stinks about this to high heaven.

If the guy was broke, it makes no sense for him to have a plane.

If the guy stole it, then how did the press find out who he was and tie him to his suicide rant so quickly?

Why did he burn his house down? He makes no mention of hating his family in the suicide note.

If he had a ton of excess "undocumented" cash, how did he pay for the plane, which he must have purchased very recently in order for his rant to make any sense at all.

You don't go from broke to having "boatloads" of undocumented cash in just a few years as a software engineer. Especially if you wipe out your retirement accounts during a job change. And you don't go buying planes in that situation.

This crap stinks to high heaven.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Smart thinking, S&F. You described a lot of things that don't add up.

I was thinking some of the same things; whatever happens, legislation of more loss of liberties will be exploited by the usual suspects. Watch your 6 bro.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I am going to keep saying it in each of these threads.

One of the witnesses Megan Riley say firetrucks and haz mats across the street from echelon bldg, at the time of the crash. She made a point to tell the reporter this fact, and as soon as she did, he ended the interview.

Why were they there?

How did the miracle of no one dead but the pilot occur?

Link to my thread with the Megan Riley video:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Too many unanswered questions. I caught this story AT THE START.

The conclusions and information and IDs came way too fast.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Yeah, doesn't surprise me.

This whole thing stinks.

Nothing is adding up to me.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
All excellent questions that I hadn't thought of, I simply bought the OS like most people. Maybe I'm not bright enought for ATS

Just how fast did they ID the suspect?
Indeed, why on God's earth would he burn down his house if he has a wife and daughter?
It only starts to smell when you think about it. You got me thinking Mnemeth1, my thanks to you.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
In the OP link, my site has screenshots and links to the original rant document Joe Stack put on his website if researchers want to look at it.

I downloaded the web page through Google Chrome before the FBI took it off line, then uploaded the entire page un-edited as an htm file to my site for download.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I am not one to dismiss the possibility of anything being suspicious. But i had some of these questions myself, and feel I should address them here, as they may prove to be actual reasons, or reasons given.

1. He may have had the plane for some time. He may have held on to it as an asset-- just in case.

2. Perhaps after this recent issue with the audit, he found out his assets would be seized. House, plane, vehicles, everything.

That would be reason to snap. Add to that his prior issues with ...well, everything- and that could add up to someone thinking

" You're gonna take my house? Here, come get the ashes. You're gonna take my plane? Here ya go, it's yours."

At least, that would be how I would self rationalize it.

ETA:

I personally believe the reports given earlier re: fighting with his wife the night before, and she and the daughter went to a motel.

I think he lit up the house as a "take that b**ches" move, not an intent to harm his family.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by cjcord]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is just horrible..... however you see this. In these depressive economic times I could say that many of us are "living on peanut butter and crackers" while our debt pulls us back. It is a sad fact, but to target the innocent is not acceptable. Like the IRS or not, the folks working in there, many of them, are just doing their job. And in these dear economic times they dont have much more of a choice as us. To target these workers, and not work politically against the government is cowardly in my opinion. I am pritty sure somebodies mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter was working in that building. Many of those workers probably are suffering just as much, and I know some IRS workers who dont necessarily agree with the government. So this guy went about it the wrong way.

Apparently according to this guys letter, the start of his anger over taxes and inevitably the IRS was with this:

www.ssa.gov...
The 1986 tax reform act.

It lowered the top tax rate from 50% to 28% and increaed the lower tax rates from 11% to 15%. So this really benefitted many corporations like Enron as he mentioned and the politicians. It also as he singled out, benefitted Senator Patrick Monihyan of New York.

While I can agree with him on some counts, this was not the way to go about it.

This message of his got me to raise my eyebrows:

The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed.

i2.cdn.turner.com...

It is still early so hopefully more information will come out.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjcord
I am not one to dismiss the possibility of anything being suspicious. But i had some of these questions myself, and feel I should address them here, as they may prove to be actual reasons, or reasons given.

1. He may have had the plane for some time. He may have held on to it as an asset-- just in case.

2. Perhaps after this recent issue with the audit, he found out his assets would be seized. House, plane, vehicles, everything.

That would be reason to snap. Add to that his prior issues with ...well, everything- and that could add up to someone thinking

" You're gonna take my house? Here, come get the ashes. You're gonna take my plane? Here ya go, it's yours."

At least, that would be how I would self rationalize it.

ETA:

I personally believe the reports given earlier re: fighting with his wife the night before, and she and the daughter went to a motel.

I think he lit up the house as a "take that b**ches" move, not an intent to harm his family.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by cjcord]

Plausible explanations dependent upon the fact that he did indeed use his own plane and he really did have a fight with his wife which caused her to leave for the night.

It's important to note that he never mentioned hating his family in his suicide note. If he hated them enough to want them dead, I'm sure he would have brought them up.

If he didn't want them dead, but just wanted to screw them out of the house, that's still a lot of hate - something you'd think would be expressed in his suicide note.

Just following Occam's razor here, I don't think those arguments stand up.

Remember, the edit timestamp on his note says he last edited the note at 12:42 AM today central time.

Which means he would have had all that hate fresh on his mind.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Of course the story doesn't exactly add up right now. This crash is only 8 hours old. You can't get the same story from any single person because everyone see's things with a different perspective. I'm really hoping were not going down the "government did this; inside job" route.

If the government does every crazy act, are there no actual crazy people? No we all know there are. Of course information will be withheld due to the fact that there is now an active investigation going on.

I'm sorry, I understand certain things right now don't add up, and I also understand that this story will be spun by the news agencies in this country, but please do not think for one second this is a conspiracy. This man did this alone. Did the government anger him. Yes. Does the government purposefuly drive certain people to do things like this. Yes. But in the end it all rests on the individual.

What's the difference between you, me, and Joe Stack. No it's not that he was set up, it's that he let his crazy get the best of him and we all keep ours in check.

While I understand the wanting to know what happened and the questioning, it in no way means that the government set this man up.

Please people do not fall into this paranoid trap. The government, while they do false
flag, is not out to produce every single crazy event from top to bottom. They do know however that all some of us need is a little indirect push. This man obviosuly felt that push, while most of us are able to sanely brush it off.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by GeechQuestInfo]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

Perhaps everything will shake out to make sense, but right now it sure as hell doesn't.

Conflicting reports on the type of plane
Conflicting reports on where his wife was.
Conflicting reports on stolen or not stolen plane
Conflicting reports on how he was identified

No reason for him to burn his house down
No reason for him to have a plane in the first place given his financial situation

No mention of hating his family in his suicide note

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
He finished the note at 12:42 am but in the first paragraph he talks how this has been going on fr months. I took this as he has been writing the note for months. Doesn't mean he posted it right away.

The occam's razor arguement would seem to me that he acted alone and news reports are contradicting each other because of mass shock an confusion going on since this is pretty recent. As in 8 hours ago.

I will beleive inside job if the building collapses in it's own footprint, until then it's wild speculation.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo
He finished the note at 12:42 am but in the first paragraph he talks how this has been going on fr months. I took this as he has been writing the note for months. Doesn't mean he posted it right away.

The occam's razor arguement would seem to me that he acted alone and news reports are contradicting each other because of mass shock an confusion going on since this is pretty recent. As in 8 hours ago.

I will beleive inside job if the building collapses in it's own footprint, until then it's wild speculation.

He wasn't writing this note for months.

The create date is 2010-02-16T19:2400Z

2 days ago.

And its not wild speculation.

Wild speculation would be saying this is an FBI cover up and the Feds were involved.

I'm not saying that.

I'm asking valid questions about information that is conflicting and makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I agree with the op something does stink to high heaven here they may have intentionally pushed a guy they knew was unstable to begin with what better way to garner sympathy for the IRS and justify a crackdown on the tax protesters not to mention the tea party although they effectively compromised them with getting Sara Palin involved.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
"If you’re reading this, you’re no doubt asking yourself, “Why did this have to happen?” The simple truth is that it is complicated and has been coming for a long time. The writing process, started many months ago, was intended to be therapy in the face of the looming realization that there isn’t enough therapy in the world that can fix what is really broken. Needless to say, this rant could fill volumes with example after example if I would let it. I find the process of writing it frustrating, tedious, and probably pointless… especially given my gross inability to gracefully articulate my thoughts in light of the storm raging in my head. Exactly what is therapeutic about that I’m not sure, but desperate times call for desperate measures."

Third line: "the writing process, started many months ago"

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

We have another conflict.

The creation date of the note CLEARLY states it was created 2 days ago, not several months ago.

That note was edited and saved 27 times in 2 days.

Rather than clarify, that only adds fuel to the fire.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join