It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Stack suicide note

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel
reply to post by DaMod

I don't tell my life story (it always sounds like lies) so but please may I baldly assert, nothing that Mr. Stack seems to have been through would make me fed up.

He has the unsuccessful convict attitude, there is always some reason why the world is bad and you don't got a chance and it's not your fault...
The world is bad, but if I require external-world changes that are outside of my immediate control (versus adapting my approach, which is indeed under my immediate control) then I am being childish and I ain't thinking right.

There is story about one guy, Jan Palach who committed suicide by burning himself as protest against Soviet occupation of Czechoslovakia back in late sixties. His act was childish. But had great effect on society. Collaboration with regime was then profanation of his sacrifice. I do not want compare this cases, I just show that other views are possible.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kojack

He clearly states what he is attempting to accomplish as a result of his actions in the second to last paragraph of his note. To summarize his intentions as I interpret it;

He expects his actions to result in some sort of over-exaggerated government policy that will not sit well with the average American citizen so much so that it will cause us to stand up and say "I won't take this anymore."

To quote him;

"I would only hope that by striking a nerve that stimulates the inevitable, double-standard knee-jerk government reaction that results in more stupid draconian people wake up and begin to see...etc"

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Cat food is often better then many sousages and other "meet" products. I'm almost vegetarian and if I eat meet than it is "quality" meet and it is ... expensive. Cat/dog food as base of menu of elderly people is no urban legend. I know personally one guy who eat dog cans on daily basis - with salt for sure

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If that's a real suicide note, I don't read it as "right-wing" in the least.

If anything, I read it as an indictment of greed and the "vile rich cronies" and the "vile incompetent cronies" that Stack says the government serves.

Finally, Stack sardonically compares Capitalism to Communism, casting Communism in the more favorable light.

This guy Stack was a Marxist-minded Left winger.

Pardon, I mean he was just another Marxist-minded Left winger who decided to lash out against "The System" in the most violent means he could imagine. Can anyone say Ted Kaczynski?

The one thing that doesn't ring true about Stack's "suicide note" was his apology for his "gross inability to articulate" his frustration.

Whereupon he goes on to articulate his frustration with great ability.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/18/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rotorwing
While his suicide manifesto raises some concerns he has with our government, what he forgot is that it is still OUR government. It is up to us "we the people" to change what distresses us.

It isn't our government anymore. Politicians do what they want, they pass bills that have no support, they rig votes, they steal, they ALL LIE.

Our government was hijacked, and there is a fraud government sitting in its place. A government that makes you get permission to protest, makes you pay for your paid for property, takes at least 30 percent of your income, sends you or your family to war for their greed, kills its own people, demands permission to do anything.

The only way this will be our government again, is if the people actually take it. You can't vote these people out, they are dug in deep.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel
reply to post by DaMod

I don't tell my life story (it always sounds like lies) so but please may I baldly assert, nothing that Mr. Stack seems to have been through would make me fed up.

He has the unsuccessful convict attitude, there is always some reason why the world is bad and you don't got a chance and it's not your fault...
The world is bad, but if I require external-world changes that are outside of my immediate control (versus adapting my approach, which is indeed under my immediate control) then I am being childish and I ain't thinking right.

You sir, live in a fantasy land. I suggest you wake up and see the evil around you. You're incredibly naive. Some day, they'll come for you too.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Ear-Responsible]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by FiatLux

Life is about getting stepped on.....

I totaly understand where your coming from... and you have an ignorant perspective. There are to many idiots in the world.... many of these idiots dont udnerstand why the world is changing and idiots are no longer allowed to roam the streets.

We have advanced artificial intelligence, nano bots, and home nuclear powered generators just around the corner. Some of the most powerfull technology will be in the hands of a normal citizen. People who desire to remain stupid are a burden to the progress of the world....

Educating a stupid person is always so evil and horrid.... how dare you force a parent to take parenting classes run by the replilian overlords. How dare you force ignorant people into debt to force them to learn. How dare you attack the pitifull beliefs of the religious nut. How dare you force children to be taught about other religions.

OT:
First of all, let`s get one thing straight before you go off on another tangent like you just did. Not everyone in this world is perfect, THAT was the meaning behind what I was saying. Not everyone thinks the same or reacts to everything in the same way. Many have a low tolerance to abuse, and sometimes they fight back in the only way they know how.
Second, what`s with the name calling? And you have the right to call others idiots, or even call what others think ignorant? Who died and made you judge and jury over others like that? Use a little more respect when you debate someone else and cut the name calling.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I read the note and thought that this guy intentionally sought bad legal advice, and is now upset that the bad legal advice came back to bite him.

If somebody went to a doctor that was know for telling people they can eat all the junk food, smoke, use drugs, and drink lots of alcohol and still be healthy, you would not feel sad for this person if he followed this doctor's advice and ended up getting sick. This guy deliberately sought people with "alternative" interpretations of the tax law, and is somehow upset that he got slapped with a heavy tax bill he could have avoided if he went with "traditional" legal advice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join