It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Economic Crisis: Latvia’s Neoliberal Madness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
@ Mod's.
I'm not sure if I posting this on the right forum. It is my first on politics

So please move it if it's not the right place for.

I just yet read a piece on Latvia and as the author calls it 'Their neoliberal madness' and I think it's to important to ignore and not sharing it.

@ Mod's
I did the search first. No mention of it came up. If it's already posted, my apologies it can be deleted then. Please, don't forget to notify my to the other thread. I'm rather interested what others say about the matter.

First ! The Neoliberal madness of Latvia

I'm not really home in to political terms and how it's been forced on the public in any other country then my own. Europe has however recently become a super state IMO... and this why a growing understanding is a new goal of mine.
So.

The article comes from The market oracle. From the UK.
It Says while everybody looks the wrong way, Latvia is being treated ( and others ) as they are promised they would be, joining The EU.
As they are not assisted to grow to European standards. They are (what looks like) being colonized and used as an export market while their economic wealth is getting taken away from them.

As if this is not bad enough !

It becomes obviously clear to realise the European Union is controlled by the same idiot childish rule of " Who makes the biggest profit is the winner" ( IMO of course.) Just like in the US and so on.
What worries me the most is the the sovereignty of each member state in the EU is plausible to fade away. European law is already above nation law. European government is not chosen by the people !

We used to live in the illusion of a free continent. Now I'm afraid the illusionist has died but we wake up to late to see what took over.

My apologies if it is not ok to put some of my own thoughts with the post.
Let me know and I will not do it again.

I'm not aware of the source reliability. Please don't blame it on the messenger.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Latvia is in serious trouble. They had to go to the IMF back in 2008 and just recieved a third installment of these 'funds'. www.businessweek.com...

If your going to the IMF you know your screwed. Their help comes with massive strings attached, i.e. privitisation of state industry, massive tax cuts and contraction of social spending.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Yes ! I've recently been introduced with this.

I watched a lecture from Dr. Michael Parenti on "Lies, War, and Empire" He explained this behaviour perfectly. It really made my perspective on conspiracy and real life, a lot more logical making sense.

He should be well known here but when I posted it in a thread. No response.
The link didn't work either back then so this is the original.

I also saw a documentary about economic hit man. Very interesting but troubling IMO.

join