It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helping those who can't help themselves!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hello ATS. With all the funding that we get from the war economy, hardly most of it goes to the actual local nationals of Iraq. With this said I felt that my crew and I should give the people some handouts for bearing the burden of us still occupying their country. I feel like this is some atonement for what I have done to this country in the past and I know that this wont solve everyones problems but its a start to improving our relationship with these Iraqis.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3876aa3fffc6.jpg[/atsimg]

We give them the basics epecially for the kids. We give them paper, pens, bags, candy, soccer balls and the most important of all for walking in these filthy streets...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d0bc5d43c5d.jpg[/atsimg]

Shoes is what these people really need the most and its hard to give it to them all when other villages also flock towards us. The smiles of these little kids almost makes me forget the numerous times that they have thrown rocks at us but I would do the same thing if I was mad at the invaders.

The messege im trying to spread here is to do some good in your ghetto. Help those that are less fortunate then you and volunteer in some charity work for the poor victims of this recession. If you were as poor as that little girl above would you not want someone to help you in your time of need? Changes can be made after all as long as you are willing to put some effort into it. Lets stop being selfish and give back to your community.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Does anyone think that this is enough to help these people or is there some other way that we can help them without much cash flow?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think what you are doing is great.

I donate to my local shelter all of the time. especially clothes. It means alot if you can keep warm, keep cool and be comfortable. The picture of the little girl with the shoes is precious.

Keep doing good work over there!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think you're definitely doing the right thing; physical necessities do so much more good to these people than cash. Thank you for this effort, as well as your service.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I was born in iraq and i moved to the UK 10 years ago, now we have a jar at home and we always put money in there, when we have more money we put more... then we send this money to help people in iraq. many people in my area now give us thier unwanted clothes, we collect them and every 6-9 months we send it to them... i wish we can do more, and i wish every soldier was like you... at they army their aim is to kill you're feelings and create a killing machine, but you have a big heart... god bless you sir!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thanks guys. I think there is more then just giving stuff to these local nationals that can be helpful. They need an education and support from the government. Too many people here are iliterate and cant even read their own language, but surely with all the government projects going on maybe residents will finally get some of that as well.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
I was born in iraq and i moved to the UK 10 years ago, now we have a jar at home and we always put money in there, when we have more money we put more... then we send this money to help people in iraq. many people in my area now give us thier unwanted clothes, we collect them and every 6-9 months we send it to them... i wish we can do more, and i wish every soldier was like you... at they army their aim is to kill you're feelings and create a killing machine, but you have a big heart... god bless you sir!

I wish there was more people like you where im from, but when you already live in a poor community its hard to help other ghetto's as well. Thanks for your selfless help.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

I like your signature Zero. There are more people in the world who are missing more then possesions. Hopefully people will understand someday that we can bring the poor out of poverty when we stop thinking of ourselves and start lending a hand.

new topics

top topics

join