It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN accuses Iran of working to build nuclear bomb

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

UN accuses Iran of working to build nuclear bomb

www.telegraph.co.uk

A damning report to be issued by the International Atomic Energy Agency next week will say Tehran has processed a substantial quantity of uranium to a point where it could be used to trigger a nuclear explosion.

The document provides direct evidence of Iran's efforts to assemble a nuclear weapon which could provide a compelling justification for new UN sanctions against the country's regime
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Just announced on CNN as well..more links coming soon.

This is bad folks. Real bad.

I knew this is what they were heading for with their "celebration of the revolution".

Here is more from the article:

A second departure in the report, which will be submitted to the IAEA's governing board on Mar 1, was an endorsement of intelligence passed on by Western governments, including CIA and MI6.

It said: "The information available to the agency is broadly consistent and credible in terms of the technical detail, the time frame in which the activities were conducted and the people and organisations involved."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
More from CNN just posted on their website

Iran may currently be working on secretly developing a nuclear warhead for a missile, the IAEA director general said Thursday in a draft report.

It's the first time that the United Nations' nuclear watchdog agency has issued such a strong warning about current Iranian nuclear activities.

The statement comes in a draft report obtained by CNN. The report, dated Thursday, has not yet been approved by the board of governors of the International Atomic Energy Agency.

The report also said Tehran began enriching uranium to a level at which it can sustain a nuclear reaction before United Nations inspectors arrived to monitor the process, and in defiance of a specific request that it not so do.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Also,

The report also confirmed Iran had produced a small batch of uranium enriched to the higher 20% level.

Until now, Iran has produced uranium enriched to 3.5% for power stations.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So Iran, now why do you need uranium for peacful purposes enriched to 20%?

Nothing good...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is very unlike the UN.

They know by annoucing this that the Israelis are going to be having fits.

Its now only a matter of time before strikes will be carried out.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke
Also,

The report also confirmed Iran had produced a small batch of uranium enriched to the higher 20% level.

Until now, Iran has produced uranium enriched to 3.5% for power stations.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So Iran, now why do you need uranium for peacful purposes enriched to 20%?

Nothing good...

20% is used for medical Isotopes.
For medical purposes, treating cancer patients etc.....

or are Iranians with cancer meant to die?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It seems as tho many things are converging.. and it does not look a pleasant out come for anyone.

I am deeply surprised the UN would release such damming information, and wonder who is pulling the UN strings at the moment.

Not good..not good at all.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

There are some very odd maneuverings going on.

The Nimitz in Hong Kong while Obama meets with the Dalai Lama.
China selling much of its US treasuries back to Japan making Japan the largest holder of US Debt again.
The IMF selling gold reserves.
Argentina's threats over the Falklands and UK naval deployment to the Falklands.
Chavez supporting Argentina.

Now this mess with the UN and Iran.

What is Russia doing right now?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is definitely not good. I thought this was just fear mongering by the West, but now it seems that our fears are being realized. I wonder how many more things are going to happen today it's already adding up to alot. I think we may be looking at a serious confrontation with China very soon because China will retaliate for Obama meeting the Dalai Lama so they will support Iran and stop sanctions, this will seriously piss off the west since they now know for a fact what Iran intends to do.

I would like to quote the -New York Dolls- in saying, "There's gonna be a showdown!".

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

There are some many odd things going on.. and so many of them could be cover for other things.. it does not bode well.. I am still surprised the UN would push this type of stance.. Who is trying to push who into action first? it'll certainly ratchet up tensions.

Why is Britain all of a sudden having issues with Israel (it seems to have been timed well, SOCA has an office in Dubai and fake passports would have been sorted out in the first few days of the assassination) so is this to cover for something?? or distancing.. while getting the fleet ready..

[edit on 18/2/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

There are some very odd maneuverings going on.

The Nimitz in Hong Kong while Obama meets with the Dalai Lama.

I would like to add this to the Nimitz "Since the 1970s, Nimitz-class carriers have participated in many conflicts and operations across the world, including Operation Eagle Claw in Iran, the Gulf War and more recently in Iraq and Afghanistan"
en.wikipedia.org...

China selling much of its US treasuries back to Japan making Japan the largest holder of US Debt again.

That deinitely does not sound good, Japan is in a serious bind and they are not very trustworthy right now.

The IMF selling gold reserves.

Yet again very scary situation.

Argentina's threats over the Falklands and UK naval deployment to the Falklands.
Chavez supporting Argentina.

Well I think I already said this on another post that this would happen, maybe I was just thinking it to myself IDK. But this does not sound very good either, there is alot of problems in the world right now.

What is Russia doing right now?

Well they just got done selling weapons to Iran so I'm quite sure they are gonna be in the cross fires when this info is finally confirmed. I bet Russia regrets that transaction now.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I think the Dalai Lama meeting may be retaliation towards China.

In Dec they sold off $34 billion in US treasuries and $45 billion total in the past few months. The Chinese are no longer buying US treasuries.

This means they are no longer our chief creditor. This changes everything.

If China will no longer function as our primary creditor we have problems with China.

This news about Iran may be part of a bigger picture involving China.

As long as China kept the credit flowing we could care less about what China did or interfere in its interests.

Now that the credit flow has been shut off, Korea, Taiwan, Tibet, and Iran are all fairgame.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
the first report from the Telegraph

"Iran has not provided the necessary co-operation to permit the agency to confirm that all nuclear material in Iran is in peaceful activities," a leaked copy of the report said yesterday.

A leaked document?

and then CNN

The statement comes in an IAEA draft report obtained by CNN. The report, dated Thursday, has not yet been approved by the board of governors of the IAEA.

so they get hold of a report that hasn't even been approved yet.

Is it me or can others smell the faint stench of Iraq's WMD's

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
We heard USrael, and other countries, state this... From Generals to spies to Defense ministers but never the IAEA directly...

What evidence, after many months of monitoring, led them to come to this conclusion? I'm sure in the next few days such reports will be released.. but with that I'm sure the IAEA will be released from Iranian nuclear sites as well....

Any thoughts on this? Or just more random stuttering rhetoric???

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

True, however it could just be "good jounalism" (whatever that is, really)...

Either way the whole thing is totally not a surprise so its hard to contest it.

Sadly enough, this is heading in such a militaristic direction...

Iran is being so beligerant (as usual) and thoughtless in this action...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Countries like Iran will eventually get the nuclear bomb. It's inevitable. Are we as a country going to continue to police the world while our country implodes from the inside? Oops.......I forgot......the people that run the US are globalists they don't care about sovereignty. Let the Iranians have all the nuclear weapons they want. But the minute they use them they are finished. Wiped off the face of the Earth.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I actually place China outside this mess looking in (perhaps puppet master is a better word
) but seriously they'll just let everyone else fight it out and sweep in afterwards to help out the needy
and protect what resources are left..

It does feel like everyone is pushing each others buttons to not be the first to strike.. the struggle is apparently to not strike first and be deemed the bad guys..

regardless of who is the bad guys if anything big does kick off it will be bad for humanity..

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

China may be in the position of puppet master, we don't really know.

On the other hand the US is applying real pressure to China. Selling 6.5 billion in arms to Taiwan, while meeting with the Dalai Lama and sitting a supercarrier in Hong Kong.

Thats a pretty big slap in the face. For all of our sakes lets hope that China is a paper tiger. If not this will blow up in a huge mess stretching from the Falklands, to Iran, and ending in Taiwan. Of course if China is the puppet master in this and pulling a Xanatos gambit, that huge mess may be exactly what China wants.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke
reply to post by munkey66

True, however it could just be "good jounalism" (whatever that is, really)...

Either way the whole thing is totally not a surprise so its hard to contest it.

Sadly enough, this is heading in such a militaristic direction...

Iran is being so beligerant (as usual) and thoughtless in this action...

What action is it that they are being thoughtless in?

Enriching up to 20% for medical needs?

standing up to the west?

The report apparently isn't even finalized and now Iran is being thoughtless in their actions.

I believe their will be a war, but that war will be based on lies just like all others.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
and nobody listend to me sigh

refer to my iran nuke thread for more info

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join