It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Sending 7 Carrier Strike Groups to sea; Destination Unknown

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
NK can't use the missile, if they did most of NK would become a smooth sea of glass, Kims crazy but not that crazy.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
NK can't use the missile, if they did most of NK would become a smooth sea of glass, Kims crazy but not that crazy.

In saying that Phoenix you are in a way putting your trust in an insane, paranoid man with nuclear weapons. I do not believe that the U.S. government and military/Pentagon are so willing to think that Kim Jong Ill will just sit on these weapons. Something must be done and very SOON!

But maybe Kim Jong Ill and his military leaders will see this show of force and back down, let in an international team of inspectors to supervise the destruction of these missiles, nuclear bombs and a reactors. That would be the best possible outcome from all of this.

If you have not seen my last post in this thread you may want to have a look.

Gazz

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I believe this threat (N. Korea) should have been dealt with before Iraq. Iran even fits in there. Has anyone looked up any info concerning fleet week in the past? Has there been any other 'rapid' deployments during this time, or even exercises being done? As far as someone mentioning the costs of this exercise, I think the safety of our troops already at war should come first. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't most servicepeoples (gotta try to be PC) have to buy their OWN body armor, and there is a huge shortage in Ammo and such.

The only thing I can see is that going into Iraq, Afghanistan, and I think eventually Bailing Saudi Arabia out, we serve as staging grounds for a Large Scale attack on N. Korea, and or Iran. Who do you go after first? If you hit one, the other may attack, if you hit both, The World needs to be behind this, not just the US and Britian.

and Nerdling, You always bring comedy in truth. I know I have been a sucker for connecting dots.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I am actually starting to believe this deployment is more to fight terrorism in another country than just a military exercise.

" NORFOLK, Va. (NNS) -- Sailors and Marines embarked in USS Kearsarge (LHD 3) departed June 7 on an eight-week deployment to the Central Command area of responsibility in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) and the global war on terrorism."

Excerpted from.
www.news.navy.mil...

As i have said before, whoever thought the war on terrorism ended in Iraq was kidding themselves.

[edit on 10-6-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well, last year NK shot a missle over Japan to prove that they could reach the mainland of Japan. North Korea has abducted hundreds of Japanese mostly in the 80`s. They admited to abducting around 15 and have returned 5. The rest they said died. But, according to others, they are alive now. NK let those 5 come back to Japan, but forbid their kids and spouses to return unless Japan gave something. Japan agreed to supply 50 tons of relief supplies for the release of the other family members. But, N Korea refused to discuss the hundreds of others that have been reported missing and are thought to be held in North Korea. This is not a sane government. They are going through tough times with food and their economy, they will not hesitate to send a nuc to Japan, they despise Japan immensly. And yes... N Korea is 100 times more dangerous than Iraq was.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If this CBG deployment ends up to be more than training my opinion is that it may have its purpose in preventing a war between Israel and Iran - just a gut feeling of mine but worth mentioning.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I read an article about how the Iranians were even spooked by the aussi bloke scare. If they thought it was real, along with the carrier groups putting out to sea, maybe they moved their secret nuclear labs and such into a safe place and all the while we were watching them. Maybe it was a ruse to flush them out?

On the other hand, what could be better then moving the ships into position durring fleet week, when everyone is expecting these movements.

I think by the time the target figures it all out they will have just a few days/hours to prepare. I realize the middle east is an important target, but all this time Bush delaying the NK issue, maybe they were just buying time. Maybe this end of Iraq control was part of the time scale. With all the movement of troops around the world who can keep track.

There are now something like 4,000 air craft in service. The bombers used in Iraq just one year ago can now drop not 20 but 80 payloads at the same time and all will hit a target.

One more thing, After 9-11 didn't our alies come to our aid when we were going into afganastan to fly over the USA and protect our skys and shore line because the US military had a job to do? Maybe all this talk of forein navy's drilling off our coast is the same thing only it's being done before not after.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
EW, where do you get your info from, I still have that duck thing in the back of my head, I'm trying to be open minded, but most of your stuff I have seen lately has a story, but you cant find a link. I'm getting a little confused. Please do not take this the wrong way, just tryin to see where yer comin from.

Trick

Heres an intresting Link
www.chinfo.navy.mil...

[edit on 10-6-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I thought I'd post this here not in ATSNN

ABCNEWS.com

WASHINGTON June 10, 2004 � Top U.S., Japanese and South Korean officials will meet here next week to coordinate strategy in advance of possible six-party discussions on the impasse over North Korea's nuclear weapons program.

State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said Assistant Secretary of State James Kelly will meet separately Sunday and Monday with the visiting Japanese and South Korean delegations.

key points from the report:

There have been discussions among the three along with China, Russia and North Korea for a resumption of six-way talks in China before the end of the month. Lower-level meetings would be followed by talks among senior officials from all six countries.

There has been no agreement on a date for the next round. The United States favors talks during the week of June 21.

The U.S. goal is the "complete, verifiable and irreversible disarmament" of North Korea's nuclear weapons program. North Korea says it is willing to freeze its nuclear program in return for economic aid.

"United States favors talks during the week of June 21."

Things that make you go hmmmmm

Gazz

[edit on 10-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I just found this... I don't make this stuff up.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Besides that mystery, here is a piece of news for you. I just spoke with one of our people in Hawaii for over an hour as she described to me how the Pacific Fleet has been fully outfitted for war, and everything with an engine has been heading out to sea with sealed orders including those that were just beginning their six month shore rotation. Also, each little group of ships is headed out in many different directions. Could that be a clue or what?

See if this link works...

www.timebomb2000.com...

[edit on 11-6-2004 by energy_wave]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave

Where did you find this?

Link?

It is hard to accept that without some evidence to back it up.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Besides that mystery, here is a piece of news for you. I just spoke with one of our people in Hawaii for over an hour as she described to me how the Pacific Fleet has been fully outfitted for war, and everything with an engine has been heading out to sea with sealed orders including those that were just beginning their six month shore rotation. Also, each little group of ships is headed out in many different directions. Could that be a clue or what?

Interesting. Ive read the same thing in a couple of different places.

It would be great if you provided a link e_w so I can read the whole thing.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Besides that mystery, here is a piece of news for you. I just spoke with one of our people in Hawaii for over an hour as she described to me how the Pacific Fleet has been fully outfitted for war, and everything with an engine has been heading out to sea with sealed orders....

energy_wave,
Considering your sourcings of late, and history, I would seriously urge you to start providing links to and for your source information.

Your 'source' is frankly talking out "its" ass and when this particular source says something, you swallow it 'hook-line-and sinker', eh? The internet is a very huge domain and sources can be found to verify what another says....
You "source" stipulates and claims that:

....,and everything with an engine has been heading out to sea with sealed orders....

Which again, amounts to BS. Try this source, among others:
U.S. Pacific Fleet News

Or this:
US Pacific Command Local News Outlets and other sourcings

US Pacific Command Operations link:
Operations

US Pacific Command Exercises link:
Exercises

*shakes head*

seekerof

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave I just found this... I don't make this stuff up. quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Besides that mystery, here is a piece of news for you. I just spoke with one of our people in Hawaii for over an hour as she described to me how the Pacific Fleet has been fully outfitted for war, and everything with an engine has been heading out to sea with sealed orders including those that were just beginning their six month shore rotation. Also, each little group of ships is headed out in many different directions. Could that be a clue or what?
PROVIDE A SOURCE PLEASE [edit on 11-6-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i havent seen anyone in this thread post any links to the US navy website, it explains this exercise and where these carriers are going, its not some secret exercise or anything like that like a few of you make it out to be.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I defintiely choose not to link it/post it because it was so easily evident that it should have been looked for and at?

But I am sure, as with the one's provided above for the US Pacific Command, that it is government, and being government, can be manipulated to say anything along the lines of hiding deployments, etc.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I defintiely choose not to link it/post it because it was so easily evident that it should have been looked for and at?

But I am sure, as with the one's provided above for the US Pacific Command, that it is government, and being government, can be manipulated to say anything along the lines of hiding deployments, etc.

seekerof

well, i only said that because some people think its secret, that the carriers are hidden, etc when the navy names the specific carriers and their locations, the article i read on the navy site even gives a phone number for anyone who wants more info on this operation, im just saying its not some big secret that the navy is trying to hide.

whatever their really doing in the operation is anyones guess but its not in secret locations or whatever like some have stated.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

seekerof

I know it is a rule somewhere to not do this but I had to.

Seekerof, this post made my day! LMAO!
lol:

Gazz

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Live forces will conduct CJTFEX 04-2 throughout the southeastern United States, and along the Atlantic seaboard of the United States, while virtual participants will join the exercise from twenty different sites as far away as Naval Air Station Fallon, Nev., and Fort Bliss, Texas.

Participating in the exercise are forces from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, the Netherlands, Germany, Peru, Norway, Italy, Denmark, and France.

For more information on this exercise and media opportunites, contact Capt. Michael Armistead at (757) 686-7193.
DoD News

Anyone want to question this? Give a Call....

[edit on 11-6-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Why the hell was my post deleted?

I posted a perfectly rational set of questions asking for evidence.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join