It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding the pilot that crashed his plane in Austin...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
What if it was a set up? That he did not do it? What if?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeBrew
What if instead we saw it go smack dab into the middle of a Bilderberg meeting; you know, the ones responsible for engineering your economic slavery. A fine group of humanity that is. Would any views be different?

I think crashing an airplane into the building would have been just as bad no matter who was inside it. You're still endangering the lives of some who had nothing to do with it. Wouldn't it be better to just somehow take their power away and find someone better to take their place? This could be accomplished legally, or through large, impossible-to-ignore protests. Or should we just break into the buildings mob-style and drag them out by their ears?

Of course this is starting to sound more and more like the Communist revolution. When Communism came about, people of the lower classes walked straight into the mansions of the aristocrats (guilty or not) and kicked them out of their homes. They allowed them to take one bag of their belongings and shipped them out of the country. They then proceeded to loot their homes of all valuables and turned them either into chicken shacks, or destroyed them as much as they could with their bare hands. Everything (land, fields, forests and homes) was then turned over to "the people", and everything belonged to everybody. No more private property, so that no one could be any better than the next guy. Eventually everything belonged to the government, and the lower classes practically became their slaves. Some farmers who used to own their own land lost it to the Government, who then forced those same farmers to work on that same land. The Government then placed strict laws and regulations onto the population, and forced people to snoop on each other in order to prevent an uprising that would strip them of their newly-acquired powers.

Oh the good ole days.
Is that what my family has to relive here in the U.S.? Although I wouldn't mind kicking a few guilty individuals out of this country, I hope people learn from each others mistakes and don't take it too far. We don't need violence or overly-emotional destruction, we need to retain control of our emotions and go about this logically and systematically.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
Today I paid off my back taxes from 2008 and I did so with much resentment. I owed $1800 and they came after me like I'm Al Capone. Why? Because I'm the little guy. They knew that they could garnish my wages, which they threatened to do, or just raid my bank account, and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. There are people in NC that owe a hundred times that much but they will not pay because they can afford the attorneys (or attornies) that can find the loopholes and tie the hands of the tax collectors. My wife and I live from paycheck to paycheck. My wife is a full time student (in her 40s) and we have no insurance for her because we can't afford it. Yet there are illegal aliens in my state that have no problem getting health care, unemployment benefits, food stamps, etc.
Do I understand the guy that flew his plane into the IRS office? Damn right I do. I wish it were the second shot heard around the world. I wish it had caused a chain reaction of similar acts of protest that spurned us all into action to take our country back. But, it didn't and it want. We remain asleep waiting for the next guy to do something. Hoping against hope that things will get better.
I'm sick of this government, I'm sick of myself, and I'm sick of all of us that just bump our gums together, tippitytap on our laptops and never do anything else. I wonder if it will ever change.
Seeashrink

Excellent point - well stated.

Originally posted by Blaine91555
13 victims so far. Two in critical condition. They don't yet know if there are others still in the rubble. Latest I could find. It was straight from the FBI briefer at the news conference.

This was a cowardly act by a person clearly over the edge of sanity. No regard for anyone but himself. Even his reasons ring hollow. Left his family homeless to boot.

Anyone even remotely attempting to justify this scares me. Not even a word of regret in his note or a worry about those he tried to kill or his own family.

Couldn't disagree more. There's something bigger going on here than one disgruntled engineer and a 'senseless act of violence'.

Only the small-minded think otherwise.

[edit on 2/18/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If the government uses 'terrorism' in different forms against it's citizens (financial, scare tactics, taking of liberties, robbery, poisoning, murder, social engineering, genocide, etc.).....

And a man commits and overt act against said government....only to be called a 'terrorist'....then who is the real TERRORIST?

When a Government because oppressive, are you a terrorist for doing what you can to strike at them? I guess the Founders were "terrorists" in that sense?

I dunno, it seems that when violence is involved the word 'terrorism' comes right out.
Words like 'freedom fighter' or 'revolutionary' don't get heard that often anymore.

My point is that there are all different forms of "terror". What this nation has endured for the last 10 years, seems to me like terror, from the Government. Some is violent, some is passive, some is overt, some is covert.....

I tend to think the INITIATORS of violence or suffering or chaos are the real 'terrorists'....and any act to combat it is reactionary.

I dunno , maybe I'm an idiot, maybe not.

2c

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Of course this is starting to sound more and more like the Communist revolution. When Communism came about, people of the lower classes walked straight into the mansions of the aristocrats (guilty or not) and kicked them out of their homes.

And Bourgeoisie Revolution, how did it start?

[edit on 18-2-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

Originally posted by silentthought38
We need to make this man's manifesto viral to the degree that even the federal government can't stop its dissemination.

Regardless of his questionable method of delivery of his point, he still echoes a great number of the same woes that we Americans feel as well.

Don't worry about that. CNN is disseminating it already...

www.cnn.com...

And the link provided there:

www.cnn.com...

So, it is officially welcome. (My conclusion.)

That is even scarier. Look out for WWW shutdown soon. The EO is already in place!

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
how can you agree with his views but not his actions when his views espouse his actions???? its hypocritical. what the hell do you people expect? you agree that violence is the only way and that the american people should wake up, phuck the government and greed and big money and all that and yet you dont think what he did was justified? what the hell side are you on, make up your mind? either you think its a heroic act against the monster capitalist bankocratic greed that is our government and sends a BIG WAKE UP! message to the ignorant masses ORRRRRRR you side with the media moguls. i think history proves that peaceful change doesnt exist (i.s. see the so called peaceful "revolutions" of georgia, ukraine and lebanon). you cant agree with what the guy says and not condone what he did.. its ignorant. if your afraid to say how you really feel then that just goes to show you how much big government has thier greedy hands in our daily lives and how much FEAR theyve instilled in the common american. is this not a free country anymore?? can we not say how we feel without fearing a response from the police state??

" What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure. " -Thomas Jefferson

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd6e9dde73c1.png[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Then please tell me you don't own any weapons, explosives or an airplane since you have no regard for innocent lives.

Those victims did him no harm. He and those like him are suffering from psychopathy and this is how it manifests itself.

Imagine what life will now be like for his child. He obviously did not care. A few days from now he will be forgotten and the victims will be left with their scars and his child with hidden emotional scars. To not have empathy for that is to not even have normal human emotions.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Only the small-minded think otherwise.
[edit on 2/18/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

Oops, missed that.

Grandiosity is chiefly associated with narcissistic personality disorder, but also commonly features in manic or hypomanic episodes of bipolar disorder.[1]

It refers to an unrealistic sense of superiority, a sustained view of oneself as better than others that causes the narcissist to view other with disdain or as inferior. It also refers to a sense of uniqueness, the belief that few others have in common with oneself and that one can only be understood by a few or very special people.[2]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Of course this is starting to sound more and more like the Communist revolution. When Communism came about, people of the lower classes walked straight into the mansions of the aristocrats (guilty or not) and kicked them out of their homes.

And Bourgeoisie Revolution, how did it start?

I think I like ideas behind the Bourgeois Revolution much better, but since I keep hearing people talk about how "evil" capitalism and religion is, it reminds me more of the Communists.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Then please tell me you don't own any weapons, explosives or an airplane since you have no regard for innocent lives.

Those victims did him no harm. He and those like him are suffering from psychopathy and this is how it manifests itself.

Imagine what life will now be like for his child. He obviously did not care. A few days from now he will be forgotten and the victims will be left with their scars and his child with hidden emotional scars. To not have empathy for that is to not even have normal human emotions.

Oh, c'mon. It's clear that he just pops up now and again to just stir things up. He'll accuse everyone of being a coward, won't do anything himself, then just dissapear till the next random time he decides to stir things up. At the very least, it's fairly amusing. He's the guy that yells "CHARGE!" then takes two steps back, and starts to whistle innocently.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by SpacePunk]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

You make an awful lot of assumptions, there:

- That if I own weapons, I am more likely to perpetrate a similar act? WTF is that?
- That I have no regard for innocent human life? Again, please point to me where that is even implied!
- No victims (collateral damage) of wars ever did anything, either - but, it happens Every. Day.
- You know nothing of this guy. Did you even read his manifest? Does it sound like the rantings of a lunatic? No, it is a lucid thoughts of a VERY intelligent individual who's been screwed over his entire life, by a government that continues to screw me and you and you don't even realize it.
- No empathy? No emotion? Who says?! Just focusing on the bigger picture here.

This happened 2 miles from where I am RIGHT now - in a building I've taken classes in, and I drive by every day - scary #. This will not be forgotten anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So many things to weigh in a situation like this.

1) A Government installation or building does not equal "the Government'...there's that.

Many workers inside are just that...workers...therefor "innocent". Could have been a janitor, could have been someone who was brainwashed to think the IRS is totally awesome and necessary. Ignorance isn't a cause for death.

2) While I think this act today is MAJOR, it lacks a certain luster. Innocent lives being taken for a protest act is...well...not that awesome.

3) While I admire his spunk...he didn't really 'do' much accept alert government more to domestic threats, took out part of a building, and sent a message....what that message is, I'm not clear on. One thing is for sure, the Government is awake now

4) Now being that our Government LEADERS and MASTERS have turned into the real "terrorists" , if this guy walked up to a corrupt politician, or any government scumbag, pulled out the heater, and sent him to his next life, I would sip tea and smoke a cigarette smiling.

Yes I said that. Can I say I condone it or advocate it? Nope. Why? Well because of legalities.

But let's just say I wouldn't be upset. Do I like the fact I think this way? Nope

But sh** happens and life isn't a party.

ETA: If he walked up to three or more leaders and took them all with him, I'd put a poster of him on my wall. I'm a deranged or crazy? Nope....just that P.O.d and cynical at this point.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

Agree to all of that. *'d

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What this man did was wrong. He hurt innocent people to make a statement. This cannot be justified.

I understand his frustration with the government. But peaceful means exist to enact change.

Look back to the Civil Rights Movement in this country. Marches, protests, sit ins, rallies, speeches. This is how we affect change -- big and real change. Not by suicide attacks.

I don't care what his agenda was. There is a peaceful way to enact change within the framework of our country. This is not the way.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by articulus

when does it turn from "terrorism" to revolution? when 51% of the population does it? when an msnbc poll says the majority of americans agree with the act? exactly how much more of the government's bullcrap do we have to take before it's ok to act out against them? exactly how many more patriot acts or "for your own good" legislations do we have to put with before it's "too much"?

it's become quite obvious over the last ten years that, either due to apathy or criminal intent, the government can ignore the will of the people any time it feels like it. but that's ok right? because petitions will save us. and it's wrong to be violent. how did the colonies seperate from england again?
.....oh

link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
not everyone who works for the government is bad, quite the opposite

[edit on 2/18/2010 by l neXus l]

Not so. They are either accessories, or accomplices. Some very nice, tactful, cleancut, eloquent, much like our Pretender in Chief. And still a criminal. Satan was the most beautiful of angels.

link   
Its like I'm living in Alice in Wonderland or something. You people talk constantly about the need for protest or great change NOW. Its illegal to protest without a permit, and do you think anyone is going to give you one, especially after this. If you aren't ready to fight for your freedom, please move to a place where Fascism is okay. If you don't advocate violence then you don't live in reality, at all. I don't know how any of you have been living the past twenty years, but it is just getting worse all the time for me and mine. I can't say the IRS was the best target, or even that using a plane was the best method. But for once someone is standing up for their freedom and all the hypocrites on here do is call him crazy. I'm definitely leaving this fake site, where people are more concerned with Government censorship and watchdogs and what could happen if you do say what the Government is doing is wrong and that it maybe is time for violence. Ladies and gentlemen, how are we ever going to affect change sitting at a keyboard and staring at a screen.
And for the record the guy didn't try to kill his family, they weren't home. Also I wouldn't care about my family getting left behind either, because I wouldn't want my kids to grow up in this country, to be used and discarded by corrupt immoral globalist corporations and the Governments they own. Everything he did he did for his family, and for you, whether you think he's crazy or not. This guy was an IT guy for God sakes, some code nerd who finally had enough. Well let me tell you something, in an age where its clear who the "good guys" are and who the "bad guys" are, you better pick sides, because when it all does come down, you don't want to be standing with the "bad guys". Change will happen, regardless of if it takes violence or if the government magically changes their ways. It isn't idealistic to want a basic livelihood without the encroachment of corrupt companies that aren't even part of the government (like the IRS). Something has to give, either it will be your freedoms, or it will be their power, one or the other.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The OP is a troll. It's probably CIA operatives flagging his thread to make his riling you up popular. Don't buy into this garbage.

If you ask me, the guy who crashed into the building is another Mind Controlled asset of the CIA. They will do whatever it takes to get their new world order.

One of the eyewitnesses mentioned that the way the plane flew into the building seemed like you'd have to be a trained jet fighter pilot to do what he did.

There are more important post here than this troll post.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sibilance

I understand his frustration with the government. But peaceful means exist to enact change.
There is a peaceful way to enact change within the framework of our country.

Bullcrap. That is precisely what the Communists/Progressive digressives want you to think. It is amazing that blood is not running in the streets at this moment. We have been lied to and deceived for decades, stupid sheep. But some of these sheep are waking up, and have horns. And we far outnumber the Digressives. (Progressive is an oxymoron,much like Red states and Blue states, or Democrat when you mean communist or gullible ignoramus. Or Republican when you mean Progressive...)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join