It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding the pilot that crashed his plane in Austin...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by joeofthemountain

Umm, agree with Mao? How many millions of people was he responsible for killing?

Other than that side note, please feel free to rant on.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
well his manifesto is truthful at least all of it that they could find but i think it was his final act to get the people to listen to him good job and i respect your death and toward those who died may god decide your afterlife

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Its just lighter and more maneuverable. How can you label any weapon an 'asassination' weapon? All that is, is a variant of the secret sevice personal protection shotgun. Chill out, man. Its easier to carry at work, thats all. What are the ATF? The enforcement branch of the IRS. Kind of like Marines are naval infantry.

Now weve got IRS assasins

[edit on 18-2-2010 by psyko45]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

This system has worked great for a couple hundred years. There have been some kinks that occured along the way, but the ideals remain appealing to us all.

Please don't blame a corruption, or an infestation, on being a poorly built house. Our house may need renovation, but not a re-build from the foundation up.

And of course fewer contractors on site make the renovation quicker and cheaper. (To anyone that misses the analogy, it means less government is better)

Here's an idea: be responsible for your own home and be kind to your neighbors. (Again, for anyone that misses the analogy, be prepared for some hard times, without blame, and be nice.)

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Heros_son

The system only worked great for a select few. if you were a black slave being whipped in the south, an Indian being driven from your land or one of the many poor, destitute souls who lived in squalor then I'd say you probably didn't think the system was working too well.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I re-read some postings and I would like to add, humbly....

It is so easy to destroy. And the act of destruction may affect a number of people for an untold amount of time.

On the other hand, creating something is much more difficult, but may also affect people for an untold amount of time. In addition, more people are inspired by creation than destruction.

On a more conservative note, it would have been sad, but completely justified, to have the F-16's scramble earlier. At least the public would have had peace of mind that an attack was intercepted.

The guy (Stack) must have been on someone's radar. Maybe is neighbor's or someone, especially if he wrote as many letters as he had claimed to.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Has anyone in 15 pages thought that this may be ANOTHER false flag - looks like it's certainly working if this is the intent...

I think we owe it to the ATS community to study this theory.

Icke on Jones today about this scenario:

* QUESTION EVERYTHING * * MSM = AGENDA * * NO VIOLENCE * * NO FEAR *

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Ok. So do you prefer to live in trees and eat nuts and berries?

Should I feel the guilt for every preceding generation?

Didn't they just want a better life for us? Where can we draw the line, and be responsible for ourselves, and for each other?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This man was a patriot in every sense of the word. Although I would not ever go to those extremes to prove a point, I do admire him and believe he proved his point well. As for any "innocent people" harmed.... you are not innocent if you are on the government payroll... most of us working stiffs pay the government vs. being paid by them.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Prior thread discusses that there was an explosion in the house, as the wife and daughter drove up. A neighbor reported loud arguing. Perhaps the mother and daughter took off that night because Joe was becoming increasingly angry and irrational and paranoid too. This is the "picture" beginning to emerge; but more to come, I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Authorities keep saying this wasn't an act of terrorism. I guess they mean in the sense that it wasn't terrorism by Al Qaeda or other foreign entity. They don't want people to panic.

Stack's really was an act of domestic terrorism, in the same sense Timothy McVeigh's bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma was an act of domestic terrorism.

Beyond that, though, it was a profoundly political act. Much as the monks in Vietnam set themselves on fire in front of the American embassy, Stack was willing to die to make a political statement, which I assume he hoped would be shocking enough to command the attention of the country. His hope was fulfilled in that respect.

His message is clear -- the government was oppressing him and many others like him.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Sestias]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
May be just my cruel streak but thats great now we have to pay the taxes to repair the building...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
May be just my cruel streak but thats great now we have to pay the taxes to repair the building...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I SO understand this man's frustration. His actions were wrong in that innocents were involved but, how many here would have had the opportunity to read his manifesto had his actions not been so extreme?

With him having a daughter how many here think he did this lightly? This is a battle the man had been fighting for nearly 3 decades. Given what our "representatives" have done over the last couple of years, I can understand why he felt he had no representation. (Do you?)

How hopeless did he feel for him to choose this as his legacy?

While this act may have been wrong, I'm sure there will be more to follow as our government will not allow peaceful protest to impact our republic. Sadly, non-peaceful protest may be necessary at this stage in the game.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is but one man's experience and it is sad that he felt such desperation that he had to go to extremes. No one kills themselves on a whim. There have been other suicides and I'm sure there will be more to come.

If you have ever known anyone who has commited suicide, it is heart wrenching for the individual and all those he leaves behind.

Human beings have potential to be so much more than slaves to a system. That it has to come to people ending their lives so horrifically, saddens me greatly. It leaves me wondering...What may be next?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I don't understand why people are so quick to say

VIOLENCE IS NEVER THE ANSWER!!!

HUh? People that say that, do you study history at all?
Violence is OFTEN an answer. This country was founded on violent rebellion. Lots of revolutions started with the act of one or two really mad people that just didn't want to take it anymore, and went off the deep end and resorted to violence.

So it might not be the best answer at any particular time, and it might not be the only alternative, but it IS an answer. The question is, "What are you going to do about it?" The 'it' may very well be the line drawn in the sand.

When I had problems with the IRS, after 2 or 3 times going DOWN there and being told the same thing, "we'll take care of your problem after we figure out what we did with your money"....I started taking witnesses, recording conversations, and started calling and writing politicians and pleading for help.

But to take the ideation that "Violence never solves anything" I think that's just a bit Kum Ba Yah. JMO Yeah, it's GREAT when we have a leader like Ghandi or Martin Luther King that teaches non-violence and peaceful resistance, but even if you look at those situations, there was violence flying all around them.

In any event, I'm happy to cook my family dinner and wash dishes and stay at home and grumble. I don't feel that oppressed...right now.

But I don't want to take violence off the table in the face of oppression.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I will be honest. I have not read much of the comments in here, because I want to add my own non-confrontation two cents to this whole mess. To be absolutely frank, I cried when I finished reading this manifesto. A man who had been backed into a corner by the very government that is sworn to protect him, decided to take his own life and attack others because nothing was getting done in this country. It makes me so sad to realize that he had to make the ultimate choice to not only end his own suffering, but to possibly bring awareness to a situation that is completely and utterly out of control. I am going to get lambasted by saying this, but here it goes.

I APPLAUD his actions. The American people, for far too long, have been $hit on, made to think that they are inferior to their "rich" counterparts, made to think that they will not be able to live the lives that they deserve, and have had their dignity (and hard earned money) stripped away by large corporations and the government that was sworn to protect us.

I for one am sick of the people that say that things will get better, or that things aren't as bad as they seem, or that say violence isn't the answer. These are the people that the government is bending over the chair and repeatedly raping again and again.

And they are willingly taking it, and even asking for seconds.

This man, in my book, is a hero, and a true patriot, because not only did he set out to prove a point to protect the everyman from his government, but he also gave his life in doing so. Tyranny has officially set in, and this man may be the start of a country-wide revolution. I for one have had enough of all the bull$hit in Washington and am tired of seeing our government bend people over chairs.

What would you do if you saw someone being raped in a dark alley?

I know what I would do. Beat the son of a bit*h within an inch of his life. It's time the American people do the same.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." ---Thomas Jefferson

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I am at a loss to understand the USAmerican logic that condemns this man who crashed his plane into a Federal office building but condones the random and wanton killing of civilians by the USA in Afghanistan and Iraq ... I really do not understand it at all.

From a distance it is very confusing to know just what USAmericans are and what they believe. You all seem so easily led to embrace "Support Our Troops" when the monsters at the top of the USA elected government and heads of the Armed Services send young men and women to horrible maiming or death so that the heroine crop can continue flowing ("The Spice must flow...") and multi-national corporations can accomplish their goals with your Armed Services acting as their private army.

This man obviously felt strongly enough about his critique of what is transpiring in the USA that he took his life and tried to direct USAmericans' attention to the hugely corrupt taxation scheme you have running in your country via the IRS for the most part. Perhaps his choice of exit was not as pure as the self-immolation of a Buddhist Vietnamese monk, but then again he wasn't a monk; he was a man who found this death better than his life in the USA. How tragic is that...

[edit on 18/2/10 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Pellevoisin, it is tragic indeed. The system that was built to protect the rights of the everyman from injustice and tyranny has failed. It is over, and the United States of America will soon be gone and I'm sure divided among the remaining countries. I do not applaud nor condone the war efforts in the Middle East, but I do support the KIDS that are going over and getting their limbs blown off in the name of "Freedom." Freedom is an illusion, and anybody who says different is a liar.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Squirrel - THANKS for posting the text of his note. When I saw on the local news that it's been "removed from the internet", I knew I could find it here.

Well said Pellevoisin. * for you

As a software engineer myself I could understand some of the things he was writing about in regards to the frustrations and circumstances of employment but I have issue with some (not of worth the the thread)

Bottom-line for me regarding this guy? He snapped - plain and simple. Some people use guns, others use planes (except his drivers license/passport didn't magically survive the crash - Jab!)

[edit on 19-2-2010 by TXRabbit]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join