It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding the pilot that crashed his plane in Austin...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
this sounds extremely similar to the film 'the assassination of richard nixon' starring sean penn from around 2003 i believe (inspired by another true story i think).

for anyone who can empathise with this man, is curious about his story or is generally interested in this sort of story i fully recommend watching the film and seeing the similarities. it's very moving and in my opinion an incredible critique of how we are all put in our place by 'the man'.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

But, you know, if that suddenly stopped - the whole civilization would crush instantly! Everything!

Think about it.

It is a vicious circle. It is built upon extortion, violence and murder.

There is no way to end this, unless some really great force destroys humanity.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

It doesnt matter whether lives were lost or not, clearly this guy crashed into the building knowing full well that there'd be unsuspecting workers in there. Its the decision of the matter, with the consequences well in light.

Of course it matters whether lives were lost or not. You might have a point if people were actually killed. Do you know how many workers would be in there? If not, how do you expect that he knew? Did he divine it psychically or ring in advance? Do you truly feel this was a rational act or did he lose his mind? If he lost his mind then clearly he had no control over his actions.

Its the decision of the matter, with the consequences well in light.

What language is that? Poetic though it is, it seems to be meaningless drivel. You are becoming incoherent, probably from not having had the chance to say ‘Obama is my God and I will do his bidding’ in your last few posts.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

everyone else is there for a job just like the rest of America

Docile compliance is the greatest act of submission to tyranny.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This guy was nuts, he tried to kill innocent civilians because he got screwed by the system. Lots of people get screwed, not everyone turns into a 'looney' and takes out his/her aggression by attempting murder.

Thank goodness no one died (that I've heard of), I'm glad this psycho died for nothing.

Yes, he made some solid points in his suicide note, but his credibility went down the drain when he smashed his plane into the building.

He actually was counter-productive, because instead of sharing his story in a proper, legitimate way, he decided to do it the way he did. So, now when people hear his story, read his note, to the average Joe/Jane it will be nothing more than some lunatics suicide rant.

Cheers for short-sightedness...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well one thing i can see about this whole event so far, just from reading through all the posts here today as well as other sites. This is a polarizing event, i wonder what that means for the days ahead. I have to wonder, will this also turn out to be a sort of, "Go" signal to the angry and disgruntled?

Am i the only one thinking this? How dangerous this little crash and manifesto could really turn out to be? What with so many feeling just like this guy did, i don't know. I get the feeling a lot of people are seeing this guy as a hero, many even hinting as a model to follow. The guy's letter to the world, and everyone and his grandma having a look at it.. thats the clincher for me.

I guess time will tell.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I suspect that he wasn't targeting the individual drones that work there, but was targeting the building which represented the symbolic meaning of an oppressive arm of government. If he just wrote his manifesto and posted on some website and just left it there without doing something drastic, then most of us would not take notice. But he did something that made us take notice.
In a way I feel bad for this guy because I understand how the IRS can be uncaring despots who are only after money. And like I mentioned before, I know MANY individuals who are fed up with this rip off of our salaries. I read somewhere that half of our paycheck taxes goes to Defense/Military expenses. I would rather have that go to education and advancement of science. It would make a better world. I wonder what the government agents (who are human by the way) may think after analyzing his manifesto?

How did we get to this point?.....

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ProUSA

"I'm glad this psycho died for nothing." For all your bleating about the innocent lives affected by this man and how "loony" HE was, it strikes me as particularly cold to cheer the death of a man you did not personally know and are able to ascertain his mental state via blog posts. Yeah, THOSE 2 actions are sane.

Whether this man was right or wrong is not even relevant to me. I am profoundly moved that an upstanding citizen became so disenfranchised and frustrated with the government machine that he felt the need for such an act. May he rest in peace at last and may his words AND actions give us all pause for thought before the next bit of titillating tabloid internet trivia has us all chasing our tails in another direction.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

If this event was premeditated by some strong organized force, this probably will be a trigger of further events. Otherwise, I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think everyone should start throwing paper airplanes at IRS buildings in protest of the shady institution.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Would be glad to. Hmmmmnm....I can vote, that does a lot of good. I can write my congressman, yeah, thats it. I can call the white house, I'm sure they would let me vent to the president and after that, he will change everything.
I'm sorry to be so sarcastic, but you know better unless you are an eternal optimist. This country is done. Yes, I am a veteran, so I have the right to say it. You and I both what it is going to take for this country to change. I hope you can understand what I am about to say. I am willing to die for this country and for our constitution and all that it stands for as well as what I believe. But I am not willing to go to prison for a crooked government just because I opposed them.
seeshrink

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Utter insanity... all the people praising the guy. Disgusting.
Thank whatever God there is that people weren't killed.

Ghandi proved you could move mountains through non-violent resistance.
But no... let's all staple teabags to our hats so we can look ridiculous while we incite and carry out acts of violence and pervertedly call it patriotism.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

And those who killed Gandhi are now legitimate authorities of India and Pakistan...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProUSA
This guy was nuts, he tried to kill innocent civilians because he got screwed by the system. Lots of people get screwed, not everyone turns into a 'looney' and takes out his/her aggression by attempting murder.

Thank goodness no one died (that I've heard of), I'm glad this psycho died for nothing.

Yes, he made some solid points in his suicide note, but his credibility went down the drain when he smashed his plane into the building.

He actually was counter-productive, because instead of sharing his story in a proper, legitimate way, he decided to do it the way he did. So, now when people hear his story, read his note, to the average Joe/Jane it will be nothing more than some lunatics suicide rant.

Cheers for short-sightedness...

Hello,
Although I do agree with your sentiment...To a small extent.
Suppose for a moment you were in his shoes and you approached the "media" to have your point considered in the mainstream. I'm not saying he tried that avenue, mainly because he already knew the out-come would be a wasted effort. Or is that just conjecture?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

And those who killed Gandhi are now legitimate authorities of India and Pakistan...

It was the British he wanted to leave India. He succeeded.
His murder is debatable on several fronts, but India got out from under
foreign rule.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

To answer your question about just how bad it is I refer you too part of this article from Alternet posted in the last few days:

www.alternet.org...

"It's not just this criminal tax system; the theft is now built into all our costs of living.

Trillions more in our spending on food and fuel has been stolen due to fraudulent stock transactions and overcharging. Just ten years ago, in 2000, American families paid 7% of our income on food and fuel. We now pay 20%. This drastic increase is primarily driven by fraudulent market manipulation that drives up stock prices. Congress uncovered this in 2006, as part of the Enron investigation they found that companies manipulated the oil market to create major spikes in stock values, and then they didn't do anything about it - nothing to see here, just move on.

As mentioned before, we have the most expensive health care system in the world and we are forced to pay twice as much as other countries, and the overall care we get in return ranks 37th in the world. On average, US citizens are now paying a record high 8% of their income on medical care.

Part of the reason why foreclosure rates are so high is because the percentage of income Americans pay on their housing has risen to 34%.

So for these basic necessities - taxes, food, fuel, shelter and medical bills - we have already lost 92% of our limited income. Then factor in ever-increasing interest rates on credit cards, student loans, rising prices for cable, internet, phone, bank fees, etc., etc., etc. We are being robbed and gouged in all costs of living, in every aspect of our life. No wonder bankruptcies are skyrocketing and the amount of people suffering from psychological depression has reached an epidemic level."

So please posters do some more research and get some more information to support your opinions on the IRS before making such ludicrious statements.

Also, the question of his mental stability can be applied to all of the citizens of the USA at the moment. How can we sit by and let all these things wash over our backs and not fight back?? Shall we have some more sit-ins & hungerstrikes??

Ladies and gentlemen, we are involved in the endgame NOW! Doesn't the recent events prove it as such??
Do we really have to wait till they are at our doors after some sort of catastrophy, demanding our guns and eviction off our own property before we say, "I have had enough and I am not gonna take it anymore"??
Yes, innocents will be killed, children will be made orphans, communities will be destroyed. It is very sad and debilitating that we ourselves have let it come this far. But it is, THAT FAR!

The only question I still muster up is, are you willing to go quietly into that goodnight, or will you rage at the dying of the light. Will you allow yourself and yours to be subjugated to someones elses idea of what you are worth and whether you should be allowed to live or not?? And if passed over told exactly how to live that life??

Enough bull#, choose you side and get active, accept responsibilty for yourselves and fight or f@ck!

Your choice!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

But no... let's all staple teabags to our hats so we can look ridiculous while we incite and carry out acts of violence and pervertedly call it patriotism.

i'm still wondering how this guy is any different than your usual murder-suicide suspect? why would he be praised? he's just like the guy running around his former workplace shooting his former colleagues. or like the mall shooter who kills randomly. or the V-tech or Columbine mass murderers.

so i wonder how can anyone in their right minds praise a wanna-be mass murderer... just because he wrote a nice essay against the govt in which he specifically wanted to kill other people? what about major hassan? he was also "protesting" something when he killed those soldiers.

just repeate after me... mass murderers are NOT NOT NOT heroes!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Idiots.....all of you...

If you were paid to stop tyranny....as in being in the military...

I was....m-60 machinegunner....WOW!!!! what is that job placement for...

the guys that make the rules are not your friends and the funny thing is you people come on here and defend THEM...

ARE YOU FOLKS OUT OF YOUR MIND??????????????

The biggest "turrurist" in the world is running your country and you cannot see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sit behind your keyboards and scream..."Democracy"....you dumbasses.......

It's a #in republic and you don't know what that is....I am ashamed to have ever served in defense of this stupid country....

I hope it all goes to # as soon as possible so we can see a new beginning....

Go back to watching "America's Most Wanted" and "Dancing With Stars" and then come on here and tell us what a #in great "american" you are....

worthless dna is what 99% of this species is...

get a life...

fckya

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

It was the British he wanted to leave India. He succeeded.
His murder is debatable on several fronts, but India got out from under
foreign rule.

They got their revenge and... divided subcontinent... on the verge of nuclear war.

And now they're bust... like Greece, or worse...

www.independent.co.uk...

There is justice, after all.

The whole thing with violence is about that, and what this guy did in Austin today fits well into the description of the worldwide politics.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Violence is what gave you the freedom you take for granted today.

You may want to think about that.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join