It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss prostitutes armed with defibrillators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
from The Register

Swiss prostitutes armed with defibrillators
Add resuscitation to their list of services

I hope this is medical-ly enough for this forum, but this idea is so European that it I find it so intriguing.

Prostitutes in the picturesque Swiss lakeside town of Lugano are adding defibrillation to their list of services following the death of several elderly punters whose hearts just couldn't take the pace.

According to the Corriere della Sera, there are currently 38 brothels and sex clubs in the Lugano area, and more are planned to accommodate the rising tide of customers who pop over the border from Italy.

For some, though, this proves to be a day trip too far. The most recent case was a pensioner who suffered a heart attack while enjoying Lugano's delights with the aid of "pharmaceutical assistance".

Accordingly, brothel owners plan to arm their girls with defibrillators, after suitable training.

A rather interesting approach to customer service. The idea of this being done anywhere in North America is totally unthinkable.

Many years ago I took a taxi in Laval Quebec where the driver filled me in on the latest gossip and scandal. Apparently the night before an elderly man had died of a heart attack while getting a lap dance in a strip club. When the police arrived, they found that the stripper who had administered the fatal dance was only 15 years old. Obviously she left with the police. However, it got even better because that the man who died was a long term patron of the club who had a taste for under age girls, the club itself was notorious for hiring them too, and was also the local Parish Priest. It never made it into the media though. Jsut thnk, if that club had had defibrillators and the young lady trained in their use...

new topics

join