It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Martyr of the 2nd American Revolution?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

The only thing out there that I believe is worth fighting for is helping those less fortunate than me. I think fighting for those that dont have the means to fight for themselves is the only thing worth fighting for, because nobody is going to fight for you. There is no reason to fight for anything but what can help your fellow man.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone when I say that the leaders aren't doing what the people want. And I am pretty sure that under our base laws of the land - we are given the RIGHT and RESPONSIBILITY to overthrow leaders that do not listen to us.

No it's your responsibility to vote them out of office. Just because they don't listen to you whine bitch and moan isn't an excuse for a violent revolution. It's a pathetic excuse to demand revolution because your whims aren't being met your way.

It's a bunch of crap you are spewing. I detest these threads because the people that advocate the overthrow of our government have no freaking clue what they are talking about. They spout revolution and Constitution and rights but when you get down to it, you realize that these people that spout revolution just want fascism, they don't want a Republic, because in a Republic while your view may be represented, it doesn't guarantee that you will get what you want.

Please, inform me what rights I am trumping on? Hm? I'd like you to list a single right that a revolution is trumping on.

I don't think you can.

First off, the right to LIFE, you want to target and kill people, violating their right to life.

Liberty, your revolution will destroy any hope of liberty in this country, because I believe that what you want is fascism not freedom. You want people to do what YOU and only YOU want, you don't like anything else and so you feel that no one should get anything else.

The Pursuit of Happiness, which will be impossible to achieve during a civil war. While it may make you happy to go running around shooting cops, it certainly won't make the wives, children, and families of those cops and soldiers who you wish to murder happy.

You want to destroy freedom of Speech, because if anyone descents against your revolution you ignore them. Thus silencing their freedom of speech.

You want to destroy everything that has to do with freedom in this country. You don't care if anyone else thinks differently because all you really want is your precious little civil war.

You are the one who has lost touch with reality and thus you have lost touch with yourself.

You have placed words in my mouth for the last time, as I had warned you about previously. Good day sir, and I wish you luck on your "peaceful change". You have been ignored.

And so your complete and total failure is shown. I don't think that your revolution has anything to do with restoring the Constitution or protecting freedom, but removing freedom from the people. You idolize people like this jackass that rammed a plane into the IRS building because you think that he was fighting for freedom. But the truth is, he was not. He was just pissed off and wanted to hurt someone.

Which is all that revolutionaries really want, they just want to go out blowing away cops the military, and government officials because they think that it will make them free. It's a sick and disgusting fantasy. People should really grow up.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This guy is a hero not only to myself but to those voices that have been silenced by our oppressive government. RIP JOE STACK, A TRUE PATRIOT. Any of you that don't like it, be warned, your time is coming soon.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CarloZ

The guy was just a desperate chump. Just another wackjob who decided to burn his house, steal a plane and crash it into a building.

He is no hero, just a dead looser.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Here is what I get, you want them to do things your way! If they don't do things YOUR way then you feel you have the right to overthrow that system despite the feelings of anyone else.

But they aren't doing what YOU want them to do. So YOU think YOU have the right to overthrow it.

But instead you want to march to Washington, and push and push and push till they go to arrest you, for what? So you can be a martyr? For what cause? Because you are selfish and lazy and irresponsible?

YOU aren't the only one in this country.

What you fail to understand is that you have absolutely no right to trump the rights of every other American in this country just because YOU feel that it's not working the way YOU want it to work.

Whatukno, I wish that I said this in my post with just half your eloquence.

Gwydion, I'm afraid, represents a segment of our society that, sadly, seems to be poised to "wag the dog" of public opinion. They are infected with the self-centered world-view a life of cultural privledge has endowed them with.

They lack the intellectual vitality to see beyond their social programming. More, they lack even the will to try.

They may preach "Freedom for All", but in their hearts and minds "Freedom" to them extends only as far as the the freedom to do as THEY wish, and all others be damned.

I fear that there will be a "revolution" .

But it will be a revolution akin to the revolt of an ill-tempered two year-old on the floor of the supermarket when his demand for an ice-cream is not met with immediate acquiesence .

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Bhadhidar]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

The main problem with these idiots is that their actions (if they ever grew a pair to do it) would have horrible ramifications for everyone.

It doesn't take a genius to realize what these people really want if you take the time to talk to them.

They have this myopic 1950's view of America they wish they could return us all to. Back in those blessed days of segregation, & accepted spousal abuse.

Hell if you talk to some of them you will find out that they want the removal of the 13th Amendment.

Nothing more than southern secessionists. Xenophobic adolescents with no grasp on reality.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I ask you to turn your attention here. I'm sure you will have SOMETHING bad to say about this as well but this is my gift to all of those who with to "peacefully" change things. Let's see if you shall put up or shut up.

The Second American Revolution

They have this myopic 1950's view of America they wish they could return us all to. Back in those blessed days of segregation, & accepted spousal abuse.

Why do you insist on hearsay for every one of your points? Wouldn't it be simpler to just logically argue with us instead of discrediting yourself with the left field accusations?

How anyone can take you seriously after all of your uncalled for statements is beyond me. You couldn't show one person on ATS that has called for segregation or accepted spousal abuse.

Hell if you talk to some of them you will find out that they want the removal of the 13th Amendment.

More unbacked statements of your maniacal world view. Considering you think for people on here and seem to understand exactly how we work, I don't think you would be a good choice for office. It seems that you will simply think FOR the people rather then represent them at all.

Once again, the burden of proof is on you. Show anyone AT ALL that wants to remove the 13th amendment...

Or you let you pervasiveness control you once again. Perhaps you are confused with the fact that us revolutionaries want to include the ORIGINAL 13th amendment to the Constitution IN ADDITION to the current one. The original 13th amendment being:

"If any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive, or retain, any title of nobility or honor, or shall, without the consent of Congress, accept and retain any present, pension, office or emolument of any kind whatever, from any emperor, king, prince, or foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen of the United States, and shall be incapable of holding any office of trust or profit under them, or either of them."

Nothing more than southern secessionists. Xenophobic adolescents with no grasp on reality.

From the north, proud supporter of civil rights and gay marriage, proud supporter of equality of minorities and religious groups, and lastly - I'm not very much afraid of anything much less do I present any kind of phobias.

Regardless, I unignored you so that I might supply you with my link. Have at it.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I ask you to turn your attention here. I'm sure you will have SOMETHING bad to say about this as well but this is my gift to all of those who with to "peacefully" change things. Let's see if you shall put up or shut up.

I read that thread. But it's basically the same damn topic as this one, and the other dozen or so threads right now on revolution. So I won't bother to reply to it.

You couldn't show one person on ATS that has called for segregation or accepted spousal abuse.

No I couldn't and I didn't say that did I? I said "Back in those blessed days of segregation, & accepted spousal abuse." I was referring to how America was back in the 1950s. But you didn't understand that did you?

Or you let you pervasiveness control you once again. Perhaps you are confused with the fact that us revolutionaries want to include the ORIGINAL 13th amendment to the Constitution IN ADDITION to the current one. The original 13th amendment being:

Yes I know what the "original" 13th amendment supposedly said. It also shows how your revolution has no problems just ripping out parts of the Constitution you don't like and putting in things you want without even regarding the states rights on the issue. But you don't really care about state rights do you?

And I seriously have my doubts that you would put your "original" 13th amendment without destroying the existing 13th Amendment. Because part and parcel of your revolution is to bring back slavery.

Cause to you, anyone that has Esq. at the end of their name wouldn't have any rights under the constitution. and because you wouldn't be able to deport them, you would just enslave them. Just like you would anyone that you felt was your enemy.

I see through this revolution of yours. I see where it is heading. It's just oppression but your way.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I read that thread. But it's basically the same damn topic as this one, and the other dozen or so threads right now on revolution. So I won't bother to reply to it.

So I suggest an idea on peaceful change... and you choose to ignore it.

Let actions speak louder than words, my friends.

No I couldn't and I didn't say that did I? I said "Back in those blessed days of segregation, & accepted spousal abuse." I was referring to how America was back in the 1950s. But you didn't understand that did you?

OH, so I suppose you just added those two things in there to describe the 50's then? I think maybe corner diners, Elvis, and slinky would have been better, but I'm sure those two describe the 50s perfectly for YOUR little agenda.

Yes I know what the "original" 13th amendment supposedly said. It also shows how your revolution has no problems just ripping out parts of the Constitution you don't like and putting in things you want without even regarding the states rights on the issue. But you don't really care about state rights do you?

Searching Gwydion Blacks posts for "ripping" or taking anything away from the Constitution... computing... computing... search returned no results.

This is just getting sad now.

Because part and parcel of your revolution is to bring back slavery.

So this settles it. You are a lunatic. A paranoid lunatic.

Cause to you, anyone that has Esq. at the end of their name wouldn't have any rights under the constitution. and because you wouldn't be able to deport them, you would just enslave them. Just like you would anyone that you felt was your enemy.

I see through this revolution of yours. I see where it is heading. It's just oppression but your way.

It is quite clear that you "see" a lot of things that aren't actually there. Perhaps you should get that checked. I have a few good referrals, just let me know your general area.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

So I suggest an idea on peaceful change... and you choose to ignore it.

No you suggested a deadline. An ignorantly futile deadline. Say I am voted in. And I work towards reducing government size and therefore lowering taxes in a responsible way, do you honestly think that it's going to be instant? This isn't a freaking cartoon man. This is real life, it's going to take time to fix what is broken in Washington, and I can tell you right now I cannot do it alone.

Like I said, I read your thread. It's ignorant, and stupid. Sorry but it just is. Fixing what is broken in Washington is going to take a long time, it's not going to be easy. But in time, with the right people, it can happen.

All without someone resorting to a direct threat on the people and government to do so.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

The march isn't about fixing what is broken in Washington in an instant. Perhaps you are blinding by that fallacy of yours.

The march is to prove a point.

The march is to prove to all who feel that the government still has the will to listen to us - whether or not they have merit or not. You speak of reality but I'm willing to be that come November 3rd, reality will be setting in quite harsh for you and your act of "changing things" from the inside.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Government has always, and will always, exist solely to "rule the people"

This country was founded by people who said all men are created equal, but they owned slaves and wouldn't allow women to vote.

Every single body of government from the first, to this one now, has always been the same.

Please, stop living in a fantasy land. Yes, your ideas of what government SHOULD BE are great and wonderful to think about - just like "What would i do if i won the lottery"

But lets be honest, its never going to happen.

You have many choices, but they basically boil down to two in a fantasy world:

1.) You accept government, learn to live within it and when you need to shut your mouth v.s. when its acceptable to speak out

2.) You abandon government, the world becomes one big anarchy, people loot your corpse for every last penny you have, and nobody does anything about it - because all forms of government control are gone.

One of your choices is NOT:

1.) Fly your loser ass into a building full of innocent people

You people seriously make me sick. Whats next, are you going to say that 9/11 was the precursor to the greatest revolution we've ever had? Are you going to say the people in those buildings deserved to die, as well?

You will say whatever gets your ass the most attention. Someone should slap your parents for not putting the computer in the living room.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDeath

Personal agenda eh? How the HELL is personal agenda the first shot in the 2nd American Revolution? He was selfish but you want to find a pc way of saying it. Stack was/is a failure to his family. In carrying out his personal agenda he leaves behind a wife and child. Did Stack say he was doing it for you? Nope. For his family? Nope. For himself because he made idiotic choices and didn't know how to bounce back? Yes.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarloZ
This guy is a hero not only to myself but to those voices that have been silenced by our oppressive government. RIP JOE STACK, A TRUE PATRIOT. Any of you that don't like it, be warned, your time is coming soon.

Please report directly to jail, do not collect your $200. There are planes at the airport, go steal one and fly into one of our buildings. That would make you my hero.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Except,when Joe get's to the great beyond, there will be 72 virgin accountant's waiting for him..... Right???

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
they are not backing down so you are probably correct.
2nd line

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The march is to prove to all who feel that the government still has the will to listen to us - whether or not they have merit or not. You speak of reality but I'm willing to be that come November 3rd, reality will be setting in quite harsh for you and your act of "changing things" from the inside.

Come Nov 3 I may not even be elected. It's a possibility. It's a reality that I am quite well aware of.

But if I am elected, I do have a plan to able me to listen to my constituents throughout my time in Washington. And I can promise you one thing, the people of my district are going to have a voice in Washington. That is the intent and spirit of the constitution, the reason we have a House of Representatives.

I am starting to suspect that you have absolutely no interest in fixing what is wrong with the government, but instead are looking for an excuse to go to war.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join