It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Officers lose 243 firearms in 2 years!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The DHS looks to be having a hard enough time securing their weapons, let alone the Homeland?

Report: Officers lose 243 Homeland Security guns

www.cnn.com...

Nearly 180 Department of Homeland Security weapons were lost -- some falling into the hands of criminals -- after officers left them in restrooms, vehicles and other public places, according to an inspector general report.

The officers, with Customs and Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement, "did not always sufficiently safeguard their firearms and, as a result, lost a significant number of firearms" between fiscal year 2006 and fiscal year 2008, the report said.

In all, 243 firearms were lost in both agencies during that period, according to the January report from Inspector General Richard Skinner. Of those, 36 were lost because of circumstances beyond officers' control -- for instance, ICE lost a firearm during an assault on an officer. Another 28 were lost even though officers had stored them in lockboxes or safes.

They lost 243 firearms in two years? This cannot be happening! I have to admit it fits the Feds profile of complete incompetence, but this is ridiculous! They claim the loss of 28 of them despite being stored in safe boxes? This is not even possible! I'd accuse them of selling them, but the profit potential is just not there? Whatever the case, this circus is getting unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Amazing!!! I've owned over 50 different firearms in my lifetime and I have NEVER lost a single one - and I'm not even a trained LEO. I've been carrying for over 5 years and not one single time have I lost track of my firearm - not once! And somehow the stupid liberal anti-gun advocates believe that only the government shoudl be allowed to have guns... go figure!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Cops are always loosing guns. They leave them in the Dunkin Donuts bathrooms or they fall out of their holster because they weren't properly secured or they "lose" them by selling them to some criminal buddy.

Just a bunch of blue collar maybe high school grads on power trips who beat their wives, rape hookers, steal from the evidence locker, drink their misery and inadequacy away and shuttle drunks and addicts around town.

A wholly miserable job for miserable people. Of course the misery level is in direct corellation tithe size of the town or city. Despite all the awful things I just described cops as being my local cops are very nice and very responsible albeit slightly jaded by the same white trash women who come in crying every Saturday night because the same white trash guy they refuse to leave keeps getting loaded and hitting her. You can only take the same statement from the same person so many times before you juststop caring. Eventually policing becomes more like beef cattle farming and you get your perks and kicks when you can. Which brings us back to selling our gun to a drug dealer and raping hookers.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This certainly makes you wonder about the security in Homeland Security doesn't it?
I find it hard to believe they could misplace so many weapons considering they have to file a report every time a fire arm is taken out of a holster or out of a trunk don't they?

I guess this says nothing about the crooked factor though. (walks away with shaking head in hand)

top topics

join